J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rameda said:

Omg my CC was just yesterday Aug 8 2018 😭

I guess I won't be seeing hubby till after xmas or so.

You can always try expediting your case. We just sent our on the 8th so hopefully we get approved 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ae89ramirez said:

You can always try expediting your case. We just sent our on the 8th so hopefully we get approved 

We have no reason to expedite.   Did you get approved yet?  When was your CC?

Timeline
Just now, Rameda said:

We have no reason to expedite.   Did you get approved yet?  When was your CC?

April 12... oh okay well if you can think of anything it wouldn’t hurt to try. Well I just sent it Agust 8, and ittakes a couple of days.

Edited by ae89ramirez

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rameda said:

What are the reasons people use? 

Possible Reasons for NVC Expedite Request

There is no government list of reasons specifically to approve a NVC expedite request.  However, we share some reasons for NVC expedite approval that we have seen including:

• Health of the Petitioner including that of life or death.
  • Need of the beneficiary to care for the Petitioner if he or she is sick or having an operation.
  • Pregnancy of the beneficiary nearing its term.
  • Financial hardship.
  • Major delays in the visa application at the fault of NVC.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child is near to approaching age 21 soon.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child’s school is about to start or has already began.
  • Other reasons that have a hardship base.
  • Again, NVC expedite request approvals are on a case by case basis. Also, a consular officer at your spouse’s embassy reviews and determines independently whether to accept the request.  In addition, one embassy may be more lenient than another. Therefore, do not take the reasons about as cast in stone acceptable reasons. In fact, they are just reasons that we have seen before in other cases.

Once NVC sends the request to the embassy, they await the desicion. After NVC recieves, the desicion from a consular officer at the embassy, NVC informs you if your NVC expedite requests is approved or denied.

here is a link to do further reading 

http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ae89ramirez said:

Possible Reasons for NVC Expedite Request

There is no government list of reasons specifically to approve a NVC expedite request.  However, we share some reasons for NVC expedite approval that we have seen including:

• Health of the Petitioner including that of life or death.
  • Need of the beneficiary to care for the Petitioner if he or she is sick or having an operation.
  • Pregnancy of the beneficiary nearing its term.
  • Financial hardship.
  • Major delays in the visa application at the fault of NVC.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child is near to approaching age 21 soon.
  • A child of the beneficiary on a IR2 or CR2 application where the child’s school is about to start or has already began.
  • Other reasons that have a hardship base.
  • Again, NVC expedite request approvals are on a case by case basis. Also, a consular officer at your spouse’s embassy reviews and determines independently whether to accept the request.  In addition, one embassy may be more lenient than another. Therefore, do not take the reasons about as cast in stone acceptable reasons. In fact, they are just reasons that we have seen before in other cases.

Once NVC sends the request to the embassy, they await the desicion. After NVC recieves, the desicion from a consular officer at the embassy, NVC informs you if your NVC expedite requests is approved or denied.

here is a link to do further reading 

http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

Thank you but none applies to us.

17 hours ago, Rameda said:

Omg my CC was just yesterday Aug 8 2018 😭

I guess I won't be seeing hubby till after xmas or so.

Right now the average wait time between CC and Interview date is about 6-7months. They just finished doing some end of March cases and few cases before April 5th (Mostly residents who filled) for interviews in September with lots of people from March still waiting to get interviews for October. NVC says it takes about 90days for you to get an interview date as "normal" so once December hits if you still haven't gotten an interview you  might be able to file for an expedite since it would be outside normal processing times 🤗 Just a thought since the Juarez consulate is so far behind.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Alex & Ivan said:

Right now the average wait time between CC and Interview date is about 6-7months. They just finished doing some end of March cases and few cases before April 5th (Mostly residents who filled) for interviews in September with lots of people from March still waiting to get interviews for October. NVC says it takes about 90days for you to get an interview date as "normal" so once December hits if you still haven't gotten an interview you  might be able to file for an expedite since it would be outside normal processing times 🤗 Just a thought since the Juarez consulate is so far behind.

That's a great idea.   I'll wait till Nov to call for expedite. 

Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 6:54 PM, Alex & Ivan said:

I finally got an interview date 🤗 I requested for my case to be expedited after seeing an online post and having a "nothing to loose" attitude after reading it and it got approved!

Consulate is in CDJ

Case Complete: April 19th

Got Call to Schedule Interview: August 7th

Interview date: August 24h

Hey sorry to bother you, I just received this email from NVC after I sent expedite request on August 8, do you happen to know what happens next? 

The U.S. Embassy Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview. 

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, ae89ramirez said:

Hey sorry to bother you, I just received this email from NVC after I sent expedite request on August 8, do you happen to know what happens next? 

The U.S. Embassy Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview. 

Thank you.

Congrats 🤗 that means they accepted your case. You should get a call in the next week to schedule an interview. Be prepared with a date in mind 😅 they asked me when I would like to schedule my interview for and was not prepared for that lol The process goes pretty fast from now on 🤗

Timeline
Just now, Alex & Ivan said:

Congrats 🤗 that means they accepted your case. You should get a call in the next week to schedule an interview. Be prepared with a date in mind 😅 they asked me when I would like to schedule my interview for and was not prepared for that lol The process goes pretty fast from now on 🤗

Yayayyy!!!! Okay thanks!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is the Juarez consulate backed up for all types of visas? Or just the IR-1/CR-1?

Just wondering if it would be the same time of wait for a K-1 visa? 

Sorry if it's a dumb question! 

event.png

event.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, CCordero said:

Is the Juarez consulate backed up for all types of visas? Or just the IR-1/CR-1?

I’m so sorry I’m not sure about these visas... no not a dumb question at all. We are all here because we have questions 

On 8/13/2018 at 8:45 PM, CCordero said:

All immigrant visas are processed by the same unit (IV unit), so I'd expect that the K1 and IR1/CR1 have similar appointment wait times.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

On 8/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, CCordero said:

K-1 and CR-1s are about the same wait time right now. I think the K-1's may be about a month ahead for interviews but the process throughout is about the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.