andy1121

N400, long trips, birth certificate, not filing taxes question , interview, civics test process

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :)

What to share some key points of application and bits of Interview experience. 

Some details might be interesting and I’ll try to mention what I see gets discussed, asked ..

This forum is helpful as much as we all share as much as we can.

Regular 5 year rule application, family based gc.

Applied just month before 5y date.

Docs - form filled in online like everyone else  - and in addition to that uploaded green card front and back.

Decided to upload only drivers license as it had my first address so it was a proof of first address in the application. 

I did not upload my child birth certificate as some recommend to do it ..

I did bring it to interview and i was not asked for it .. 

Taxes wise - I decided to bring something to interview and not upload.

Had with me the last(2017) year return as I already had it

accepted. Never was asked for it...

I did give a thought to make passport photos for interview 

as I read some folks  still are asked for them but then decided to not do it. 

I was not asked passport photos at interview.

I did not file taxes first two years so I answered yes to that big ‘have you ever’ question

as recommended here and everywhere else.  

What was interesting officer went over this with me and since I was not required - I did not

have income - what happened the office changed that answer to ‘NO’!

That was interesting turn but I did not object. So if not filing taxes question is one

of your worries be ready for this kind of turn :)

I’ve had  several long trips to home country and I thought I might get asked about them..

All below six month but long. One was even 178 days. No questions on interview ..

On the interview I was quite stressed .. and was trying to act normal :)

Also it was hot in the room :)

I don’t remember questions but they were not the most difficult.

Civis test goes in interesting way - questions were printed on some

blank and looked like officer was reading them and writing down my answers in blanks. I guess

that is how process is to document our interviews and this is added to your case.

After first six or seven correct answers I was not asked the rest of it .

Final statistic point - already 2 week and my status is still - ceremony

will be scheduled. Officer mentioned I might go in May but Im kind of

bumed no date no info and no letter yet :-(

16 hours ago, andy1121 said:

I did not file taxes first two years so I answered yes to that big ‘have you ever’ question

as recommended here and everywhere else.  

What was interesting officer went over this with me and since I was not required - I did not

have income - what happened the office changed that answer to ‘NO’!

That was interesting turn but I did not object. So if not filing taxes question is one

of your worries be ready for this kind of turn :)

THIS! THIS!!!! THIS!!!!!! THIS MADE MY DAY.

THANK YOU..THANK YOU THANK YOU  AND a big Congratulations

Thanks for sharing God bless you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I was so paranoid and after reading several forums, I took EVERYTHING under the sun with me but my IO didnt ask me for anything at all. My interview was less than 20 minutes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.