gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

we chose to take that bet, ya know? but when we sent in our AOS last august, they were processing cases received in may. so that was only about 90 days lag...we figured it wasn't worth it, since he'd be in school during that time anyway.

boy were we wrong.

but yeah...watching people speed through CSC, i feel like i felt back in the day when i was stuck for months at Nebraska Service Center, and watching the folks speed through Vermont in about a week's time.

it's been 674 days today, since the day we submitted our K-1 application. i'm sick of this.

do you think we're within our rights to demand that we speak to the supervisor when we go to our infopass appointment on wednesday?

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2wrgt1s.gif

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Other Timeline

Dani I hope you understand that I wasn't being critical about your decision last fall not to file for Anthony's EAD. You two had a plan that wasn't at all unrealistic, at least not the way the system was working at that time. Rather I highlighted it to bring it to the surface of how even a well thought out plan can backfire. I hope I didn't embarrass you or upset you, and apologize if I did.

In my opinion, the current trend by some of our newer members to elect not to file for interim benefits is flat-out risky and unwise.

I think you can demand to see a supervisor BUT I can't say whether or not I think you will be successful, especially in light of the letter you received last weekend. We have not gotten such a letter - I'm thinking the local offices may be triggering those letters be sent out to petitioners whom they consider to be 'nagging' them.

In my last conversation with our Adjudicating Officer I was fairly well told that he and the office staff were on top of our case and would release us as SOON as they had the go-ahead. I got the impression I was being told not to question how he was doing his job.

Unfortunately in your case, I think you are the victim of an over-worked and under-staffed office. I do believe that your case is buried there and management could release you if they wished to. An immigration lawyer here in WV advised me against being 'too vigilant' in my contact with my district office. He said it is not unheard of for cases somehow to come to a standstill if the petitioner was 'overly proactive'. I wonder if this is happening to you......

Edited by rebeccajo

I guess if I were to look at people going through the Los Angeles DO -- I would not blame them for not paying the extra money to apply for EAD/AP. Most people swish through that office with an approval about 2-3 weeks after an EAD is likely to be issued. I am the type of person who always buys the extra insurance so I forked out the extra couple hundred and I was glad I did.

90day.jpg

Dear Dani Christine>>>>

We also got the same exact letter from Nebraska after we contacted the USCIS "Help" Line. Its been one year since our interview last week.

Called the Senator and Congressman again.....told standard line...."Nothing you can do but wait"

We will be calling them exactly in six months as well and then probably write to the ombudsman at that time also.

We also will have to file for our third EAD and AP... Never had to use the AP and we noticed you did.....We will have a family wedding to attend next summer...Never in a million years did I think we wouldnt have the GC by then but you never know...Did you have any trouble getting back into the US with it????????????

I heard the same thing about future interviews starting in January of 2007; no interview til namecheck is completed; maybe to catch up on all of ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its hard not to do anything and just wait but knowing we arent the only ones helps alittle.We just want to get on with our lives, home and education as well.

Our local office won't tell us anything except to just renew the EAD (going on three of them) and get an AP if you need it.Alot of the USCIS income comes from all these petitions and requests being held up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Well, add me to the list of people stuck in name check. Our AOS interview was very easy and short but we were told that the name check was not initiated yet so we cannot be approved until the name check results come back. Then, 12 days after our interview, we get the following email from CRIS:

Receipt Number: MSC06XXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

An interview was conducted in this case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL??

AOS TIMELINE

07/17/06 AOS, EAD and AP submitted

07/24/06 NOA1 for all 3

08/10/06 Biometrics Appt. for AOS & EAD

10/30/06 AOS interview - APPROVED pending name check. It wasnt even initiated yet.

11/02/06 EAD Approved.

11/09/06 EAD Received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are in the same boat. Interviewed at Charlotte in early December 2005. Told to expect the Green Card in about 30 days.

Still, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I have contacted Senators and appealed to the Charlotte director to request through the FBI to have it expedited. All to no avail. My wife has been fingerprinted twice, so the "not initiated" doesn't hold water.

I know, this all a part of GW's larger War on Terrorism. Well, George, I spent time in both Iraq/Afghanistan as part of your GWOT and bled for the good Ol' USA...I, however, didn't see you there, oh Commander in Chief, at any time, except for the staged Thanksgiving in 2003.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I've done my time for this country, and all that I am asking is that our bureaucrats do, well, their jobs in a timely manner. That's the bottom line.

My other bottom line is that this waiting has damn near ruined my marriage because of the stress it has caused. From elation in December of 2005 to now with me living in Moscow, but my wife not being able to leave the US without starting everything 100% over. Super duper.

I interviewed in Albany New York and on a follow up they said that i was waiting on the FBI name check, that there is nothing i can do. Basically 'sit down and shut up young lady'

I keep thinking it can't possibly take much longer, but still i wait and still nothing, diddly squat, not a sausage not even a little dicky bird of hope for signs of GC.

:help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Remove our names from the list they finally came!!!

Whooo Hoooo ... our Green Cards came in the mail !!! Actually they came last Tuesday on November 7th but I have been swamped with so much craziness I haven't had time to log on and share my good news.

It is perfect timing as I start my new full time job tomorrow and I will have THE thing I need to prove I can work :thumbs:

Well now I better put a reminder on my calendar for July of 2008 ... which is when I will need to request the removal of the conditions. I haven't even bothered to do any research on that one ... but I think I have a few months before I need to worry too much about it :D

I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are still waiting ... I know how yucky it is.

Cheers,

Norma

Jan. 18, 2005 ..... I 129F mailed

June 3, 2005 .... Interview success ... we got our visa !!!

July 15, 2005 ..... Kelly moved into our new house

July 29, 2005 ..... Crossed into the USA and got temp.

August 2, 2005 ... Got married in a civil service :-)

October 2005 ... Sent in AOS, EAD and AP for both myself and my son

November 22, 2005 ... Received Biometrics Appointment for AOS

Chicago finally admits they lost all my sons paperwork have to re-file everything of his !!!!

December 17, 2005 ... Biometrics Appointment

April 13, 2006 ... AOS Interview ... told everything looks good but have to wait for the darn name check!!!

Infopass Appointment Oct. 10th - Told to keep on waiting for Name Check

Oct. 10, 2006 ... EAD Renewal and AP Renewal eFiled

November 7, 2006 ... GREEN CARDS ARRIVE !!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your Green Card :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

congratulations! you guys have waited a long time!! :dance:

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Remove our names from the list they finally came!!!

Whooo Hoooo ... our Green Cards came in the mail !!! Actually they came last Tuesday on November 7th but I have been swamped with so much craziness I haven't had time to log on and share my good news.

It is perfect timing as I start my new full time job tomorrow and I will have THE thing I need to prove I can work :thumbs:

Well now I better put a reminder on my calendar for July of 2008 ... which is when I will need to request the removal of the conditions. I haven't even bothered to do any research on that one ... but I think I have a few months before I need to worry too much about it :D

I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are still waiting ... I know how yucky it is.

Cheers,

Norma

Congratulations!

If you look at our timeline compared to Kelly&Norma's they are eerily similar in regards to the AOS filings. I'd like to think that could mean something good for us, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Does a renewal filing for EAD trigger something somewhere? It'd be nice to think it does but I've seen other posters timelines that seem to indicate it doesn't.

Good job, Congrats!! :dance:

Still waiting here though gggrrrr 15 months and counting :angry:

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.