gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Congrats Slavrina!!!

Laura..........................you've got to be next.

Told you Slavrina good news was coming.! I just called USCIS regarding my wifes Greencard because its says CF1 on notice and on the welcome letter its says its going to be a 2yr card. The UCSIS hotline once again didnt know anything>( Make a infopass appointment and talk to a IO well my wifes fed up with infopass appoints. Shes going to send the the conditional card backwhen she gets it with a I-90 with our marriage certifcate. We were married Aug20.05 have a Reciept notice I-485 of Oct05 and Biometrics Jan 06 and Interview April 06 and not approved till Jan08. Does everyone think the same way we do its been over 2yrs since marriage and we werent approved till Jan08 its been 2yrs 4 months a 18days.IT SHOULD BE A 10 YR CARD are we right!

Helinna, your wife should receive a 10-year card. I'm hoping that you just received a standard letter (one that you should have received a long time ago, and at that point, it would have applied) and that your wife will receive the correct (10-year) card in the mail.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Congrats Slavrina!!!

Laura..........................you've got to be next.

Told you Slavrina good news was coming.! I just called USCIS regarding my wifes Greencard because its says CF1 on notice and on the welcome letter its says its going to be a 2yr card. The UCSIS hotline once again didnt know anything>( Make a infopass appointment and talk to a IO well my wifes fed up with infopass appoints. Shes going to send the the conditional card backwhen she gets it with a I-90 with our marriage certifcate. We were married Aug20.05 have a Reciept notice I-485 of Oct05 and Biometrics Jan 06 and Interview April 06 and not approved till Jan08. Does everyone think the same way we do its been over 2yrs since marriage and we werent approved till Jan08 its been 2yrs 4 months a 18days.IT SHOULD BE A 10 YR CARD are we right!

Helinna, your wife should receive a 10-year card. I'm hoping that you just received a standard letter (one that you should have received a long time ago, and at that point, it would have applied) and that your wife will receive the correct (10-year) card in the mail.

I hope your right AOS despair but i dont have a good feeling! so its going back if its 2yr one im not making the 3 hour trip for infopass so they can tell me to fill out I-90 at least if they dont approve 10yr they will send the 2yr back i hope.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks a lot, guys.

I'm sure that we'll have some more approvals soon.For some reason they are working on old cases now.

Our k3 timeline

I-130

March 9 2004 - NOA1 from NSC

I-129

Apr 16 2004 - NOA1 from Chicago

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Current Status: Card production ordered.:dance:

GOSH! after 1185 days (or three years and three months to be exact!) my card is going to arrive soon! seems hard to believe!

Just received the email today, turned out that the congressman was right... I hope my case sheds some light to all of you waiting in this exhausting process. I am not sure how many of you have been waiting as long as I did, but keep your fingers crossed and try to contact everyone!

BTW, I did my second round of Biometrics in Sep 2006, not recently. So don't worry if you haven't been called for it. My guess is that they are working on the pile of old files... Hope to hear more good news from this group.

Edited by tierdmonica

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

congratulations everyone...thats great news. maybe they really are working on the older files now.

hopefully in a few weeks ill be writing the same thing. fingers crossed.

GOSH! after 1185 days (or three years and three months to be exact!) my card is going to arrive soon! seems hard to believe!

Just received the email today, turned out that the congressman was right... I hope my case sheds some light to all of you waiting in this exhausting process. I am not sure how many of you have been waiting as long as I did, but keep your fingers crossed and try to contact everyone!

Congratulations!

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is great news...hope we see lots of approvals this week and next week. It is about time they start working on the old files. :)

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations, tierdmonica !!! It's great news.

Our k3 timeline

I-130

March 9 2004 - NOA1 from NSC

I-129

Apr 16 2004 - NOA1 from Chicago

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I had my infopass appointment this morning. I wish I had something positive to report. The FBI name check is still pending :( The lady told me shes seen worse. Not to reassuring. Anyhow our case is now in Missouri. As fas as the messed up address goes. They said someone was being careless.

Hopefully you have better luck AOS Despair.

I didn't realize that I truly had some hope. Its justs so crushing to leave that place. I just wanted to call in sick to work today. I really can't complain..I have a great wife, baby girl, jobs and friends. What more could anyone ask for. I just feel held hostage by the USCIS. I think its time to start researching the WOM.

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

Yay! That's great news! Congratulations!

What a fine week it's been for this beleaguered thread!

Champagne.jpg

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Hey guys, I had my infopass appointment this morning. I wish I had something positive to report. The FBI name check is still pending :( The lady told me shes seen worse. Not to reassuring. Anyhow our case is now in Missouri. As fas as the messed up address goes. They said someone was being careless.

Hopefully you have better luck AOS Despair.

I didn't realize that I truly had some hope. Its justs so crushing to leave that place. I just wanted to call in sick to work today. I really can't complain..I have a great wife, baby girl, jobs and friends. What more could anyone ask for. I just feel held hostage by the USCIS. I think its time to start researching the WOM.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I guess it doesn't bode well for me either, since we got the same curious "INS" fingerprinting letter from the Phoenix office. It sucks when they tell you they've seen worse, that it can take years. So what? I don't give a $#it about everyone else, I want to say. I just want my husband to have his green card! We made an Infopass appointment last year for something--I forget what, now--and the lady told us that her mother had been waiting for over two years for her green card. Like we give a flying #### about her mother!

In other news, though, my husband's third EAD arrived in the mail yesterday, only 40 days from the day I sent in the renewal application. And it's effective as of the expiration date on the last one (March 8 or something), not the approval date. So he can get a driver's license that doesn't expire until March 2009! Woo-ee!

~Julie

K-1

AOS

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten recent approvals! :) Encouraging to see some of the old cases are being taken care of..I hope the rest of us are coming up soon!!!

Kopa,

Have you been waiting since 3/27/07 for them to review your case?

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.