Qudrat khan

Refused after AP with no docs requested (split)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 07/04/2016 at 9:22 PM, Siddo said:

I promised myself that once my fiancee and I had her visa issued, I would create a thread and hope to answer questions for anyone else who was like me who wanted specific answers but couldn't get them.

Before you go any further, the first thing to understand is EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT

My specific case had the following details.

We filed the case on October 5th at the Texas Service Center. I live in Los Angeles, CA. But I read somewhere online that if I send it to Texas, it would be better. Anyway, I received letters here and there. I received an RFE which was a request for more evidence. I thought that was weird because I had sent like 10 pictures of us being loving and cute together. It turns out that all they wanted was a letter from her saying that she wants to marry me. So we sent that out the very next day. That was processed pretty quickly too. The USCIS worked very efficiently in my experience.

Fast forward to her Interview, this is the part that made both of us worried. We filled out the 3.5 Electronic Packet and sent it to the Islamabad Embassy. They sent us an email with her Interview letter on January 25th and scheduled her interview for February 16th.

Her interview went smoothly, she took a ridiculous amount of pictures and chat logs and call history and pictures of gifts and my airline ticket stubs and credit card statements and anything else that she could find to prove that we were a legitimate engaged couple. At the end of the interview, the CO said, "Everything looks fine, you'll get your passport back in 3 weeks."

Now the waiting started. We waited 7 weeks and sent them 2 emails in those 7 weeks. I made a table of the event to make the tracking easier. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Date Event Status Days Since Her Interview

December 16 Case Creation Date Ready

February 16 Actual Interview Ready for Interview

February 19 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 3 days

March 9 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 3 weeks & 1 day – 22 days

March 18 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 4 weeks & 2 days – 31 days

March 29 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 weeks – 42 days

March 31 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 2 days – 44 days

April 1 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 3 days – 45 days

April 4 Status Update Date Ready for Interview 6 week & 6 days – 48 days

April 6 Changed to NIV Ready 7 week & 1 day – 50 days

April 7 Administrative Processing ISSUED 7 week & 2 days – 51 days

Final thing, Don't lose hope. That CEAC status doesnt change much.

my k1 interview was on march 5th of 2018.in islamabad pakistan After the interview I was given a 221g that said my case would be going under administrative processing. No other information was needed. On March 14 my case status was updated. Again on April 3rd and once more on April 11th. Is this a good sign? Usually how many case updates does it take.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 4/17/2018 at 2:15 AM, Qudrat khan said:

1.  Is this a good sign?

2.  Usually how many case updates does it take.

1.  They're doing something regarding your case, which is better than letting it sit for months, so have hope.

2.  Every case will be individual with different factors to evaluate, so no one can answer.

-----

This thread is 2 years old, and most of the participants haven't logged on to the site in a long time, so we'll close the thread.  Be sure to find a "status update" thread (or start your own here) to let us know of developments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 5/24/2017 at 11:34 AM, david221g said:

Hi all,

I am devastated! I'm afraid i got refused.

please help 
my fiance had his k1 interview in islamabad on march 5th
they gave him a 221g stating our case needed to go under adminstrative processing. No additional documentation was requested. after 7 weeks our case status has bern showing ready for interview but was under AP. on April 22nd the status changed from ready for interview to refused. what does this mean? could it be temporary refusal? for AP. Has their been cases that have changed from ready to interview to refused to issued?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 11:33 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Wait for a response of your email from the embassy.

If you don't get an answer in one week have your wife contact her senator so he can inquire about the exact status

of the case, if it is in AP, temporarily refused or refused and returned to USCIS.

please help 
my fiance had his k1 interview in islamabad on march 5th
they gave him a 221g stating our case needed to go under adminstrative processing. No additional documentation was requested. after 7 weeks our case status has bern showing ready for interview but was under AP. on April 22nd the status changed from ready for interview to refused. what does this mean? could it be temporary refusal? for AP. Has their been cases that have changed from ready to interview to refused to issued?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** three posts made in other members threads merged here and three more hidden.  Do not spam our forums by posting more than once on an issue, and always post about your own case in your own thread for the most accurate and relevant answers. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.