coco84

CASE COMPLETED TO INTERVIEW - EMPLOYMENT BASE VISA - April

285 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

We entered last night through San Francisco. So good to be back HOME. We had to wait in customs for about 1.5 h, very long lines, and then we were sent to secondary, but we had no issues. Once our file was processed the officer stamped our passports and said we can use the visa as our green card until the actual card comes in the mail.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, hf2018 said:

I'm confused. I'm filling out form DS-260, the petitioner is my employer, but when I'm filling out my wife's form, it also asks for petitioner. Do I put in OTHER? EMPLOYER?

Yes, the petitioner is the same as in your application! There is a space where you can clarify with this message : I am the derivate spouse of my husband’s application! That is what I did!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
On 8/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, maryLu said:

We entered last night through San Francisco. So good to be back HOME. We had to wait in customs for about 1.5 h, very long lines, and then we were sent to secondary, but we had no issues. Once our file was processed the officer stamped our passports and said we can use the visa as our green card until the actual card comes in the mail.

Congratulations! 🎉 

It resonates with me when you wrote "So good to be back HOME". That's the feeling I'm looking forward to! 😌

In other news: I'm still waiting to have my interview scheduled – a month after case complete. I don't mind having to wait for the interview itself due to temporary retrogression in September but I'd just prefer to know the date 😁

4 hours ago, SpidersWeb said:

Congratulations! 🎉 

It resonates with me when you wrote "So good to be back HOME". That's the feeling I'm looking forward to! 😌

In other news: I'm still waiting to have my interview scheduled – a month after case complete. I don't mind having to wait for the interview itself due to temporary retrogression in September but I'd just prefer to know the date 😁

So, NVC processed all documents and didn't schedule an interview because of the temporary retrogression? Looks like the same will happen to me then, I filled out DS-260 and will send out all of my documents today.

Timeline
5 hours ago, hf2018 said:

So, NVC processed all documents and didn't schedule an interview because of the temporary retrogression? Looks like the same will happen to me then, I filled out DS-260 and will send out all of my documents today.

Sounds like you managed to submit packet 3 at the right time. I mean I've read that it takes about a month to schedule an interview and the retrogression is also estimated to be temporary for one month, so those coincide nicely.

I was hoping a small embassy like Helsinki would schedule in 2 weeks but I wonder if they're holding off because of September. I guess they could schedule this week but I'm not sure about their policies, meaning will they give out dates so far in advance... We'll see.

1 hour ago, SpidersWeb said:

NVC replied "The [September] retrogression will not affect this visa category in this chargeability area", meaning EB-3 in ROW.

My interview remains to be scheduled, so I just have to sit tight and wait some more 🙂

Was that by mail or phone? I just got the opposite answer by phone :(

Timeline
9 minutes ago, hf2018 said:

Was that by mail or phone? I just got the opposite answer by phone :(

Why does that not surprise me 🙈

I was speaking with a rep over the phone and I was trying to be very specific to make sure I get a reliable answer.

25 minutes ago, SpidersWeb said:

Why does that not surprise me 🙈

I was speaking with a rep over the phone and I was trying to be very specific to make sure I get a reliable answer.

I filled out DS-260 over the weekend and mailed my documents yesterday, they have already arrived. Hopefully they'll review them soon... Keep us posted if they assign you an interview date

Timeline
20 minutes ago, hf2018 said:

I filled out DS-260 over the weekend and mailed my documents yesterday, they have already arrived. Hopefully they'll review them soon... Keep us posted if they assign you an interview date

Oh, absolutely, I will. I hope your process moves forward swiftly.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, hf2018 said:

Oh, absolutely, I will. I hope your process moves forward swiftly.

Hey Guys! I am also waiting for my EB3 visa interview to be scheduled. There has been 7 weeks since I received case complete letter from NVC

Quick question: If NVC states that the priority date must also be current in order to have an interview scheduled...Does that mean we cannot get interview date scheduled during the next month?(Visa retrogression affecting September). if that is correct, I guess they will schedule an inteview during October, and we will be able to attend in November. Right?

What do you think?

Hope we all get scheduled very soon.

1 hour ago, Espis2018 said:

Hey Guys! I am also waiting for my EB3 visa interview to be scheduled. There has been 7 weeks since I received case complete letter from NVC

Quick question: If NVC states that the priority date must also be current in order to have an interview scheduled...Does that mean we cannot get interview date scheduled during the next month?(Visa retrogression affecting September). if that is correct, I guess they will schedule an inteview during October, and we will be able to attend in November. Right?

What do you think?

Hope we all get scheduled very soon.

That is exactly what we are trying to figure out. What is your embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.