coco84

CASE COMPLETED TO INTERVIEW - EMPLOYMENT BASE VISA - April

285 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
7 hours ago, hf2018 said:

Just got a CC, now waiting the for the PD to become current in the next visa bulletin, then onto the interview wait.

Congrats. Now unto the final step just like me. Waiting for my pd to be current in October. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I had my medical exam today. The price tag for everything was a whopping $610 (after government subsidies worth $18). I hope I can pick up the sealed envelope before my interview next Monday.

I also had a job interview through my recruiter, so now I know my placement in the US. The interview was so different from what I'm used to, and I felt surprisingly nervous about doing it in English (professional terms). I'm just glad they were impressed with what I have to offer.

Now keeping my fingers crossed for that immigrant visa next week!

2 hours ago, SpidersWeb said:

I had my medical exam today. The price tag for everything was a whopping $610 (after government subsidies worth $18). I hope I can pick up the sealed envelope before my interview next Monday.

I also had a job interview through my recruiter, so now I know my placement in the US. The interview was so different from what I'm used to, and I felt surprisingly nervous about doing it in English (professional terms). I'm just glad they were impressed with what I have to offer.

Wow, I assume the price is so high because they included a bunch of vaccines?

Timeline
6 hours ago, SpidersWeb said:

All the best for next week. Keep us posted please. 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:48 PM, SpidersWeb said:

Heey! wow 610$!! ...I am having medical exam next week. It is great news that you know where you will be living in the USA!! Now that you mention that. and I also noticed your video on a previous post... I believe we are with the same recruiter! :) How was the interview? Did they told you right away that they were going to hire you for that specific location? 

Good luck on your visa interview next week!! 

Timeline
On 9/25/2018 at 11:11 PM, hf2018 said:

Wow, I assume the price is so high because they included a bunch of vaccines?

No, I had my vaccines in order. I paid $315 for the doctor, $65 for the blood test, $70 for the urine sample, $125 for the chest X-ray and a total of $35 in different fees.

I mean this is the standard you have to pay since they don't accept regular doctors and tests they have ordered. In fact, the reason why they need 6 passport photos is because one of them is attached to the lab orders for identification. How would they then trust results from elsewhere?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Espis2018 said:

Heey! wow 610$!! ...I am having medical exam next week. It is great news that you know where you will be living in the USA!! Now that you mention that. and I also noticed your video on a previous post... I believe we are with the same recruiter! :) How was the interview? Did they told you right away that they were going to hire you for that specific location? 

Good luck on your visa interview next week!! 

Thanks!

They asked me to tell about myself and then questions in order to figure out how I would act in different situations. For example, "Give us an example how you dealt with an aggressive patient/inappropriate behavior by a colleague", etc.

And no, they didn't tell right away. I'll be their first international recruit and at the end they said they'll figure out the next steps with their HR and my recruiter. The job was confirmed about 2 hours after we ended the interview, and 4 days later I signed the contract.

Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 8:07 AM, SpidersWeb said:

No, I had my vaccines in order. I paid $315 for the doctor, $65 for the blood test, $70 for the urine sample, $125 for the chest X-ray and a total of $35 in different fees.

I mean this is the standard you have to pay since they don't accept regular doctors and tests they have ordered. In fact, the reason why they need 6 passport photos is because one of them is attached to the lab orders for identification. How would they then trust results from elsewhere?

Hi! How was your interview today? 

Timeline
23 hours ago, DeeDeeAO said:

Hi! How was your interview today? 

My visit to the embassy lasted a total of about 40 min but it's hard to tell how much time the actual interview took because I wasn't allowed to bring my watch and there was no clock on the wall either. Also, I was actually alone in the waiting area for about half of the time I was there, and it was so quiet, haha.

First, I gave all of my original documents to someone and a while later I was called back to speak with the consular officer. All of the questions were related to my education, work experience or professional license.

"To what capacity will you be working with x?"
"Where did you go to school?"

"What degree do you have?"
"Where did you take the licensing exam?"

"Have you worked in the US before?"
"How many years of work experience do you have?"

"Where will you be working?"

Unfortunately the panel physician failed to deliver my medical examination results in a week's time, so I'll be in administrative processing until the results are ready and until I can bring the results from the doctor to the embassy. I was hoping the results would be ready today but they haven't called me, yet. If not today, next Monday is the earliest I can manage with regards to work schedule. That kind of upset me but regardless of this I've agreed to travel mid-November, so it's not an issue in that sense.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SpidersWeb said:

My visit to the embassy lasted a total of about 40 min but it's hard to tell how much time the actual interview took because I wasn't allowed to bring my watch and there was no clock on the wall either. Also, I was actually alone in the waiting area for about half of the time I was there, and it was so quiet, haha.

First, I gave all of my original documents to someone and a while later I was called back to speak with the consular officer. All of the questions were related to my education, work experience or professional license.

"To what capacity will you be working with x?"
"Where did you go to school?"

"What degree do you have?"
"Where did you take the licensing exam?"

"Have you worked in the US before?"
"How many years of work experience do you have?"

"Where will you be working?"

Unfortunately the panel physician failed to deliver my medical examination results in a week's time, so I'll be in administrative processing until the results are ready and until I can bring the results from the doctor to the embassy. I was hoping the results would be ready today but they haven't called me, yet. If not today, next Monday is the earliest I can manage with regards to work schedule. That kind of upset me but regardless of this I've agreed to travel mid-November, so it's not an issue in that sense.

Oh nice. I guess congratulations are in order then? Good thing you didn't spend too much time waiting. Sure you'll get out of AP as soon as your medicals are received. 

Keep us posted on your medicals! 

Still waiting on interview date...at least retrogression is over so that's a good thing. 

Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, DeeDeeAO said:

Oh nice. I guess congratulations are in order then? Good thing you didn't spend too much time waiting. Sure you'll get out of AP as soon as your medicals are received. 

Keep us posted on your medicals! 

Still waiting on interview date...at least retrogression is over so that's a good thing. 

My medical exam results were ready the day after my interview but too late in the afternoon. Yesterday I had a special training, so I was able to bring the results to the consulate today! 🎉

I think you should soon receive your interview date. Let us know when you do!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SpidersWeb said:

My medical exam results were ready the day after my interview but too late in the afternoon. Yesterday I had a special training, so I was able to bring the results to the consulate today! 🎉

I think you should soon receive your interview date. Let us know when you do!

Oh fantastic! Glad that's sorted. 

I got my interview date yesterday. It's on the 7th of November. Trying not to panic 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.