coco84

CASE COMPLETED TO INTERVIEW - EMPLOYMENT BASE VISA - April

285 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
15 hours ago, Nikitc said:

Finally got an interview appointment in January. Yippee!

As far as I can tell from the state department website, all I need (except my original civil docs) is a job offer letter from my employer dated within one month of the interview date. My employer sent me the entire application package plus a completed affidavit of support (which I thought was just for the family-based cases). Did anyone else take these or were asked for them during their interviews?

Hi, 

We didn't need the aos cos it's for family based cases only. However, there's no harm in taking all you have. 

All the best at your interview! 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, DeeDeeAO said:

Hi, 

We didn't need the aos cos it's for family based cases only. However, there's no harm in taking all you have. 

All the best at your interview! 

I called NVC and they confirmed that but I think I'm gonna take everything with just in case. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new in this forum. I had my EB2 NIW case approved on Sep 7, sent documents to NVC and on Nov 29th I received an email from them saying "the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas". I believe that is what you guys have been calling here CC, right? Anyways, I got two questions if anyone might clarify that I truly would appreciate it:

1 - I applied for a J1 waiver and it has already been approved on Dec 19th according to the USCIS website but I am still waiting for this waiver to arrive in my mailbox. Since the postal service in my country really sucks, I was wondering if I could just print out the USCIS system website page and take it to the interview in case they schedule it and it hasn't arrived yet.

2 - Also, is there anybody here from Brazil that might share with me how long it took to have your interview scheduled in Rio?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just got through with the interview. Approved! So happy.

Thanks a bunch to everyone here! If you're still waiting, don't lose hope. From what I witnessed and people's experiences on this site, interviews for employment-based GCs are fairly straightforward.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Nikitc

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 1/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, hf2018 said:

I received my SS card about a week after arriving in the USA, but I'm still waiting on the GC, it's been about 1.5 months since POE now.

I, on the other hand received my GC but still waiting for my SSN. It's been almost 2 months. My husband is also still waiting for his GC. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, Nikitc said:

Just got through with the interview. Approved! So happy.

Thanks a bunch to everyone here! If you're still waiting, don't lose hope. From what I witnessed and people's experiences on this site, interviews for employment-based GCs are fairly straightforward.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!! 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, coco84 said:

Hi guys, I just want to share with you my experience in Mumbai, India for my biometrics appointment! They asked me for my passport pictures even though in the instructions there is no mention of bringing them! I was in the line for 5 min and then inside for 15 min. This step is very quick, you don’t have to dress formal for this!!! I will update about my interview tomorrow!!!

Hi thanks for the upate. Can you please share your interview experience at mumbai consulate? I am waiting for the interview date at mumbai consulate and your experience might help me. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 12:29 AM, M Reddy said:

Hi thanks for the upate. Can you please share your interview experience at mumbai consulate? I am waiting for the interview date at mumbai consulate and your experience might help me. 

Thanks in advance. 

Sure, I though I posted it already! Our appointment was at 9am! The line for green card appointment is different and much shorter! Me and my husband were making the wrong line but a guy from the consulate passed by us telling people that for greencard you have to be in the other line! Somebody checks your appointment letter and photos before you are allowed to enter the security check point! Once you are there is a normal security checkpoint as in an airport! Then you are taken to an area inside the embassy where is open and with a lot of chairs! There, somebody starts checking people’s documents and helps them organize! We were there for about 20 minutes! After this step you are taken inside the building where the officers are! You are ask to remain sited and are given a number! I waited like for 1 hr when an Indian officer called our number! He ask for the documents and prepare them for the officer! Then again you have to sit until your number is call! Again, we waited like for 1 1/2 hrs until our number was called! We were interviewed by a young lady, she was very nice! She asked us basic questions: 

My husband (principal in the application)

what do you do?  Describe your job

Where do you live?

Since when are you working for them?

What did you studied? 

Where are you planning to live? 

To me (derivate spouse)

How did you meet your husband?

when? 

When and where did you get married?

what are you planing to do when you get there?

Do you have a waiver? I did. ( I overstayed my visa and I needed a Waiver for this. She did not ask any questions about my visa overstayed)

Then she said our visas where approved and that we should received our passport in 5 to 7 business days! 

And we did received our passports in 7 business days!

We were very nervous about this interview as my husband had like 3 promotions where basically his job duties had changed! His work had not yet updated this information! The lawyer said this should not be a problem as this is a progression of his job! 

At the end this things don’t matter because the officer actually has minimal knowledge of what you really do!

Social security cards were received in 2 weeks after we arrived to the US! 

Greencards were received 1 month and 5 days later, and it was a greencard for 10 years

And another thing that I want to add is that my husband is Indian and I am from Honduras! My husband was able to use my country of birth as his country (it is allowed to use your spouse country of birth), and he skipped the 15 year line for Indians, as my country is current! 

I hope this helps!!!

2 hours ago, coco84 said:

Sure, I though I posted it already! Our appointment was at 9am! The line for green card appointment is different and much shorter! Me and my husband were making the wrong line but a guy from the consulate passed by us telling people that for greencard you have to be in the other line! Somebody checks your appointment letter and photos before you are allowed to enter the security check point! Once you are there is a normal security checkpoint as in an airport! Then you are taken to an area inside the embassy where is open and with a lot of chairs! There, somebody starts checking people’s documents and helps them organize! We were there for about 20 minutes! After this step you are taken inside the building where the officers are! You are ask to remain sited and are given a number! I waited like for 1 hr when an Indian officer called our number! He ask for the documents and prepare them for the officer! Then again you have to sit until your number is call! Again, we waited like for 1 1/2 hrs until our number was called! We were interviewed by a young lady, she was very nice! She asked us basic questions: 

My husband (principal in the application)

what do you do?  Describe your job

Where do you live?

Since when are you working for them?

What did you studied? 

Where are you planning to live? 

To me (derivate spouse)

How did you meet your husband?

when? 

When and where did you get married?

what are you planing to do when you get there?

Do you have a waiver? I did. ( I overstayed my visa and I needed a Waiver for this. She did not ask any questions about my visa overstayed)

Then she said our visas where approved and that we should received our passport in 5 to 7 business days! 

And we did received our passports in 7 business days!

We were very nervous about this interview as my husband had like 3 promotions where basically his job duties had changed! His work had not yet updated this information! The lawyer said this should not be a problem as this is a progression of his job! 

At the end this things don’t matter because the officer actually has minimal knowledge of what you really do!

Social security cards were received in 2 weeks after we arrived to the US! 

Greencards were received 1 month and 5 days later, and it was a greencard for 10 years

And another thing that I want to add is that my husband is Indian and I am from Honduras! My husband was able to use my country of birth as his country (it is allowed to use your spouse country of birth), and he skipped the 15 year line for Indians, as my country is current! 

I hope this helps!!!

Thanks a lot for your response. one last question. 

what are you planing to do when you get there? ???? What did you ans this question. If spouse of the applicant says she wants to work as she will also be on green card. will it be a problem?? 

4 hours ago, M Reddy said:

Thanks a lot for your response. one last question. 

what are you planing to do when you get there? ???? What did you ans this question. If spouse of the applicant says she wants to work as she will also be on green card. will it be a problem?? 

Each individual answers those type of questions differently based on personal circumstances. If it comes up, you, the interviewee, must answer such a query based on the best of your ability. Coaching isn't very effective. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.