Rachy & Manolo

Visa processing for Cubans in Guyana

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

English only. Only place non-English is allowed is in the region specific parts of the forum. 

My pd is August 21. In order to get the interview appointment with the embassy what is the date to consider it? My pd or the date that nvc completed my case?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

English only. Only place non-English is allowed is in the region specific parts of the forum. 

Apologies, since I created this thread for Cubans that are being process in US embassy in Guyana didn't think it would matter. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** English only in the immigration forums please.  If you need to write in a different language, you may do so in the regional/ country specific forums, but no where else on the site. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-2 Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 8:48 AM, Rachy & Manolo said:

Hola,

Dios mediante pues ya estan dando para el mes de agosto.

Hola did you receive interview date? ( the mandarin la city para entrevista en Guyana?) we are waiting also?

Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, cubanbarry said:

Hola did you receive interview date? ( the mandarin la city para entrevista en Guyana?) we are waiting also?

Hi,

No not yet :(

• 3 months later...
Timeline

My husband already had the interview in Guyana. It was on September (visa CR-1 )and it was approved.  It took 9 months since the process was approved from NVC to get a date for an interview. I believe the waiting time could be shorter for other people because our process was delay first because the waiting time for them to decide where to open a location for Cubans to get their interview done first was in Colombia then 2 more months waiting for the change to Guyana. I hope you all get your interview's date soon, good luck and be positive this process has and end and you will soon reunite with your love ones . 😊

t.gift.gifImage result for cuba map

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I realize this thread is a few months old but I just wanted to post that the consulate in Guyana received our paperwork during the first week of February but after we returned the materials for Packet 3, we were told they had NO appointment dates available and so they were placing us in a queue to receive a date sometime in the next month or two. That's been three weeks ago without additional word from them. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 3/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Kkinser said:

Hi! Chris&Ale, did you guys ever get your interview date? 

Hey! We sure did. It is for April 2nd. So, we had to wait about 3 weeks for the consulate to send us an appointment date and time. (We didn't get to choose.)

Thanks for asking!

Chris

On 3/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Kkinser said:

Hi! Chris&Ale, did you guys ever get your interview date? 

BTW, when you can, please try to fill in your timeline so others can benefit from your experience. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm going crazy here don't know what to do at this point.  I received my packet 3 letters from Guyana consulate and I sent back the DS-160 Confirmation as requested. Now I received the visa-payment confirmation guide as I can only pay in person at a Scotia Bank in Guyana. I live in Miami and my fiance is in Cuba. How did you guys pay the DS 160? Also when I called the embassy to see their available dates I was told the earliest is April 24, 2020? that's a year from now that's crazy. That's the same thing that says in the ais.us-visa . com website for scheduling. That's whats freaking me out the interview date. Please advise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.