LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fari Pari said:

Praying all goes well today at the interview. Best of luck :) 

Still waiting to hear 3 hours 15 minutes and counting 

Just now, Anna&eiad said:

Still waiting to hear 3 hours 15 minutes and counting 

Thank you so much 😀

Just now, j.b. said:

This is awesome. the passport is on hand now. Praying everything goes well.

Update.. Abu Dhabi medical left his vaccine record out of the medical so it was a problem when they opened it. Interview went well. She said he was approved but gave h

1 minute ago, j.b. said:

This is awesome. the passport is on hand now. Praying everything goes well.

So update.. 

Abu Dhabi hospital left vaccination records out of the medical folder. So he had to go back to the hospital there and is there now getting the required paper. He has to bring it and his passport back to the embassy at 2pm and then the visa will be issued. She said he is approved pending that paper . yay! 

4 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

Update.. Abu Dhabi medical left his vaccine record out of the medical so it was a problem when they opened it. Interview went well. She said he was approved but gave h

So update.. 

Abu Dhabi hospital left vaccination records out of the medical folder. So he had to go back to the hospital there and is there now getting the required paper. He has to bring it and his passport back to the embassy at 2pm and then the visa will be issued. She said he is approved pending that paper . yay! 

thats still good news. congrats. did they find the ITR 2018 and IRS?

3 minutes ago, j.b. said:

thats still good news. congrats. did they find the ITR 2018 and IRS?

I try to reply and stupid page pops up ads. No. As said many times I purposely have NOT filed 2018 tax return so no I did not provide it. 

Just now, j.b. said:

thank you.

I asked him now if they asked for affidavit of support/bank statements/w2/ or tax returns but he hasnt replied yet. I will let you know what he said. 

2 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

I asked him now if they asked for affidavit of support/bank statements/w2/ or tax returns but he hasnt replied yet. I will let you know what he said. 

im concern about the IRS. if im correct they ask IRS for CR1 not applicable for k1?

2 minutes ago, j.b. said:

im concern about the IRS. if im correct they ask IRS for CR1 not applicable for k1?

I have seen other people they ask tax return for k1. But they also say you need bank statements and letter from employer. I did not provide the letter for the employer. As long as you provide proof of income that should be good.

9 minutes ago, j.b. said:

Just got a reply. She asked for bank statements and 3 years tax returns.

12 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

Found a new friend inside the embassy that just moved from texas (where I live) and have been loads of help. After fighting..Passport in hand and in less than 2 hours an interview is scheduled at any dhabi. 

5 hours ago, Anna&eiad said:

So update.. 

Congratulations!  

How on earth were you able to talk to ANYONE inside the embassy?  They didn't answer the phone or emails at all.  At least not for me.  

Just now, Strontium said:

Congratulations!  

How on earth were you able to talk to ANYONE inside the embassy?  They didn't answer the phone or emails at all.  At least not for me.  

I can be persuasive..  Then asked for citizen services they have outside phone service.. And some crying and pleading got the contact and he got my info and walked over to immigrant visa department. In a couple hours we had the packet 3 email.Then when we missed the last interview due to no passport I called and gor a very friendly I think Asian lady receptionist and cried and explained and she gave me a extension to call and said call back at 9am their time..and when I did it was the same guy that helped and as soon as I told him what was going on he said I remember you..and said send them an email what's going on and he would go over and have them take a look at it and work on it and the next day we got an email telling us after 4 days we had an interview and we hadnt even scheduled. So that man is an absolute blessing.

3 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

I can be persuasive..  Then asked for citizen services they have outside phone service.. And some crying and pleading got the contact and he got my info and walked over to immigrant visa department. In a couple hours we had the packet 3 email.Then when we missed the last interview due to no passport I called and gor a very friendly I think Asian lady receptionist and cried and explained and she gave me a extension to call and said call back at 9am their time..and when I did it was the same guy that helped and as soon as I told him what was going on he said I remember you..and said send them an email what's going on and he would go over and have them take a look at it and work on it and the next day we got an email telling us after 4 days we had an interview and we hadnt even scheduled. So that man is an absolute blessing.

I even forgot the time difference once on a Friday at 3am and had a super friendly American man answer lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.