yogik_yo

ITIN application still pending , should I file Extension?

3 posts in this topic

I filed ITIN for my spouse who is still abroad and has i 130 in process for F2A.  I filed on March 10 and I know its little early to expect ITIN with the way IRS process application. However, if i dont receive my ITIN or if my tax return is not processed by April 15, do I need to file extension?  I submitted my return with ITIN application on March 10. 

Another related question regard ITIN:  

I did my ITIN process through H&R Block and they just asked me to send W7 which I mailed along with my tax return. Later I was just browsing and came to find that you also need to submit a letter to IRS saying that you are considering yourself as a resident for tax purpose only. The agent at H&R block didn't mention anything about it when submitting my application. Will that create any problem? Has anyone got their ITIN without sending the letter  ? BTW i also send certified Passport copy with W7.

Last question : The application packet was delivered to Austin Tx -73301 although I had the zip code on my envelope as 78714. Is it normal or did USPS mess it up ? I cant even call IRS and confirm as they say we can't call until 8 weeks i guess.

Thank you in advance and hoping to get some feedback. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

When you file the ITIN application did you included the applicants passport or copy of passport?

If you use an IRS authorized agent for ITIN they can submit copy of passport, if not an IRS authorized agent for ITIN you need to include the passport.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/acceptance-agent-program

Edited by March2018
add link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.