Adriano1012

Missed ASC appointment for I551 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, 

there was a problem with the production of my Green Card and obviously the problem was that they haven't taken my fingerprints correctly at the POE. 

Now my mailing address was in Washington near Seattle and they have scheduled an ASC appointment there to take my biometrics properly on 03/06/2018 04/20/2018. I was not in the States, I will move there tomorrow and I have already updated my physical address. 

I haven't received the letter because they didn't notify me via E-mail and that's why I haven't rescheduled the appointment and missed it. :( I've just saw the appointment notification in my USCIS profile.

Now what I can do? Make an infopass appointment so that they can reschedule the ASC appointment?

I am a bit scared because the letter says: 

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER (ASC) AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION, PETITION, OR REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Well they can’t deem you to have abandoned the green card as such but you may need to refile the application for a replacement card. I’d suggest you make an infopass or call as soon as you get back to find out what you need to do.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 04/04/2018 at 3:05 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Well they can’t deem you to have abandoned the green card as such but you may need to refile the application for a replacement card. I’d suggest you make an infopass or call as soon as you get back to find out what you need to do.

@SusieQQQ any reasons why you feel they wont consider the application as abandoned if one did not go to the interview? (i had that worry too - i would not want to lose my application money)

2 hours ago, abum said:

@SusieQQQ any reasons why you feel they wont consider the application as abandoned if one did not go to the interview? (i had that worry too - i would not want to lose my application money)

Please re-read my answer

i said that they might consider the application for a replacement green card abandoned and that OP therefor might have to file again, it had seemed to me OP was worried that he wouldn’t get a green card at all because he’d missed the appointment. He hasn’t been to back clarify what he actually was worried about, though.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I was worried because I thought that I had to pay the immigrant fee again. 

I wrote them a message via my USCIS Account and I told them that I haven't received a notification va mail and the notification letter didn't arrive at y mailing address. Now there are scheduling a new appointment at my local ASC office. 

29 minutes ago, Adriano1012 said:

I was worried because I thought that I had to pay the immigrant fee again. 

I wrote them a message via my USCIS Account and I told them that I haven't received a notification va mail and the notification letter didn't arrive at y mailing address. Now there are scheduling a new appointment at my local ASC office. 

Great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.