heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, tomstan said:

So I’m here at my InfoPass appointment. Basically they don’t have anything in their system at all. The supervisor is aware of a delay but I don’t think he understands the entire situation. He made a call to the office and came back telling me that we had submit an expedited request. The window officer was emailing the office and their reply to her was that we should have filed it 90 days in advance as they are 45 days delayed. 

I just called the customer service number and nothing was in the system. I’m waiting for the call back from the tier 2. I’m sure they won’t be able to locate the file either. 

The turn around time is 2 weeks for these requests. 

Without confirmation from them, they are unable to issue an extension. 

Now we’re waiting in the lobby waiting for the call back and lost as what to do next. 

God this is sooo bad :( I guess i am in the same situation.. just called and they can not find anything :( And I want to travel. Guess I can throw allmy plans over board. i am pretty frustrated right now.

ROC sent to CSC - 04/02/2018

ROC recieved by CSC - 04/06/2018

Money Order cashed - 05/23/2018

NOA in mail - 05/25/2018 :dance:

18 month extension letter in mail - 08/27/2018

Biometric Appointment waved - 03/09/2019

Letter in mail that case got approved - 05/03/2019

New Green Card in Mail - 05/06/2019 :dance::dancing:

I called USCIS today and got the standard response, to wait a few more days. It will be 30 days for me on this Friday.

Did anybody try opening a case inquiry with the service center? (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do)

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us

The website says to submit inquiry or phone call as Step-1. Since they seem to be giving the same standard responses with the phone calls, I was wondering if anyone tried the case inquiry option?

Also, the website lists csc-ncsc-followup@uscis.dhs.gov  as the email id for California Service Center. This should be better than emailing the lock-box

Edited by rv2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Knops said:

Seems like it.. that image in my head with the dark room is growing and becoming darker every second <_<

Oh dear...what really bothers me is not knowing. With the risk of identity theft they should have the duty to inform us, at least.

Someone must know where they are, they got signed for

I'm sure the liability and ownership transfers to them as soon as they confirm receipt with a signature 

1 minute ago, Gizzmondo said:

Someone must know where they are, they got signed for

I'm sure the liability and ownership transfers to them as soon as they confirm receipt with a signature 

Nobody ever signed my thing.. got it back woithout any signature.... awesome, right? But I thought it would be there anyways.. I dont think it got stolen.. I really think our letters are in a dark room somehwere,not being processed yet...

Tier 2 called back. Completely useless. Instructed to email the lockbox.  Even gave me the wrong email address.

Surely somewhere in the chain of command someone should be like, “hey something is amiss here, let’s try to fix it” instead of acting like it’s our fault for filing WITHIN the 90 day window. We filed 45 days in advance of our expiration. 

Edited by tomstan

2 hours ago, Jenny2104 said:

Hi guys, I've been following this topic for a while now. I applied to CSC and my package was delivered  on April 10th. My check has not being cashed. I just called USCIS and they can not locate my package.

Hi Jenny and others,

I have the exact same situation. I called CSC today. My package was delivered on April 6, which means it has been 33 days now. My check has not been cashed, and they cannot locate my package. I received a standard recommendation to wait a couple more days and then to make an InfoPass appointment with my local office.

@Lotetaru I’m at the infopass office now. Without a receipt number they are unable to do anything.   So if you can’t  get a receipt number over the phone, coming here will just be a waste of $16 for parking. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, tomstan said:

Tier 2 called back. Completely useless. Instructed to email the lockbox.  Even gave me the wrong email address.

Surely somewhere in the chain of command someone should be like, “hey something is amiss here, let’s try to fix it” instead of acting like it’s our fault for filing WITHIN the 90 day window. We filed 45 days in advance of our expiration. 

Yes...I wonder if we should escalate and ask for a manager? I could try calling after work today. Thing is they already told me to call in the morning to be sure to speak to Tier 2, and I already booked my days off for a vacation ..which may never happen now.

Just now, tomstan said:

@Lotetaru I’m at the infopass office now. Without a receipt number they are unable to do anything.   So if you can’t  get a receipt number over the phone, coming here will just be a waste of $16 for parking. 

Can they not find you with your A number from your Green card - thats how they found me yesterday (on the telephone)

Just got my call back from the Tier2 from CSC...she can not find anything and recommended to wait another week and call again. I asked about the delay and she admitted that they are really really backed up at the moment.... she said to be a little more patient. She is sure that they willprocess our cases soon... *sigh* does not really help me with my vaccation plans :(

6 minutes ago, Gizzmondo said:

Can they not find you with your A number from your Green card - thats how they found me yesterday (on the telephone)

No. This is how they are looking for you anyways.

Edited by Knops

Just now, Gizzmondo said:

Hi @Gizzmondo. They found my case through my A number, of course. They just do not see any developments there – no notification of the I-751 package. From what I understand from this discussion, this is expected before the check is cashed.

@tomstan, Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

I will just wait. I don't fully understand what our [i.e. California filers, >30 days] options are at this point. Filing the application again seems most counterproductive, once we have collectively guessed that there is some kind of a backlog at CSC. Also, once your Green Card expires and NOA is not received yet, what are the legal implications?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.