38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ale_Julie said:

My fiance is in Maracaibo and we have met in Aruba due to the proximity and the cheap cost to fly there.  Thank God the border recently opened again.  My fiance does not suggest coming for the interview with everything going on.  He said they will target me since I'm American. 

It's so hard being here and feeling so helpless.  He just told me they are going on 14 hours without energy :(  This process is hard, but when our loved ones are in Venezuela, it's even harder...and getting harder by the day for them there. :(:(:( 

He is absolutely right!!

I'm venezuelan and I haven't been back myself and not planning to do so ever if things don't change. I left in 2012 and things were pretty bad but not as bad as is today. Thank God my immediate family lives in Spain since 2010, and I have a few cousins and uncles in other countries of latin america. Only my bff is the only friend living there and she will be out by june.

My then fiance (now husband) went to my interview for moral support although he got interviewed (probably 2-3 questions) but having your fiance there doesn't improve your chances of getting approved, I mean it might help a little but it doesn't make a world of a difference. But I would honestly stay away from Venezuela.

My husband visited me 2-3 times but I was too nervous to have him there...he is blond white and blue eyes so didn't blend it at all

I know how hard the waiting period can be and trust me, after 6 years we still remember very vividly everything that we had to go through and all the time we had to be away. We used to see each other every 3-4 months and everytime we had to say goodbye was very sad. But I also can assure you, this whole process made our relationship and marriage stronger. This is the type of thing that can tear each other apart or make you guys grow closer. Even after 7 years together and 6 years of marriage, that same commitment keeps getting strong.

But let me tell you, nothing beats the day when you can actually run into each other arms and be finally together forever. You day dream with that day so much and for so long that when it actually happens, you cannot believe it and it will take you a few days to actually process it hahahaha. I can assured you, everything you guys are going through is going to be SOOOOOO WORTHYYYY!!!!.

As a matter of fact, the day I moved to the States with him, is one of only 3 anniversaries (we celebrate our wedding anniversary, our dating anniversary and the date I moved to the States) which coincidentally was last friday, April the 20th (2012).

So just hang in there and try to remain positive especially for him

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Andrea&Henry said:

He is absolutely right!!

I'm venezuelan and I haven't been back myself and not planning to do so ever if things don't change. I left in 2012 and things were pretty bad but not as bad as is today. Thank God my immediate family lives in Spain since 2010, and I have a few cousins and uncles in other countries of latin america. Only my bff is the only friend living there and she will be out by june.

My then fiance (now husband) went to my interview for moral support although he got interviewed (probably 2-3 questions) but having your fiance there doesn't improve your chances of getting approved, I mean it might help a little but it doesn't make a world of a difference. But I would honestly stay away from Venezuela.

My husband visited me 2-3 times but I was too nervous to have him there...he is blond white and blue eyes so didn't blend it at all

I know how hard the waiting period can be and trust me, after 6 years we still remember very vividly everything that we had to go through and all the time we had to be away. We used to see each other every 3-4 months and everytime we had to say goodbye was very sad. But I also can assure you, this whole process made our relationship and marriage stronger. This is the type of thing that can tear each other apart or make you guys grow closer. Even after 7 years together and 6 years of marriage, that same commitment keeps getting strong.

But let me tell you, nothing beats the day when you can actually run into each other arms and be finally together forever. You day dream with that day so much and for so long that when it actually happens, you cannot believe it and it will take you a few days to actually process it hahahaha. I can assured you, everything you guys are going through is going to be SOOOOOO WORTHYYYY!!!!.

As a matter of fact, the day I moved to the States with him, is one of only 3 anniversaries (we celebrate our wedding anniversary, our dating anniversary and the date I moved to the States) which coincidentally was last friday, April the 20th (2012).

This brings me so much hope and encouragement! Thank you!!  It brought tears to my eyes!

Timeline

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on Visa Journey in a longgggg time. I'm glad to see so many venezuelans around here though. I did my K1 process back in 2010, so it's been a while and I know a lot of things have changed. if y'all need any help or someone to talk to (I know how hard this process can be) don't hesitate to message me! 

Best of luck!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 10:14 PM, GJen said:

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on Visa Journey in a longgggg time. I'm glad to see so many venezuelans around here though. I did my K1 process back in 2010, so it's been a while and I know a lot of things have changed. if y'all need any help or someone to talk to (I know how hard this process can be) don't hesitate to message me! 

Best of luck!

nINOOOOO estabas perdido!!! como estas???

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 6:09 PM, Andrea&Henry said:

He is absolutely right!!

I just got back from Cuba visiting withy my Fiancé. While I was there we talked about me going to Maracaibo to visit him and officially meet his family. I did notice in Cuba that everyone knew I was American because of my lighter hair and blue eyes. Jose said I just shouldn't speak in public since my Spanish isn't that great. I am very scared to travel to Caracas for the interview, but I would like to actually see where he comes from and meet his friends and family there in person. (usually I just speak to them on FaceTime) I was going to apply in NYC for the travel Visa next week. My friends and family are against it but I feel like I want to go to experience it. I know I am a female going there alone but I have traveled to countries like Haiti so I know somewhat what to expect. He would pick me up from the airport and I would be with him or his family the whole time and would stay in Maracaibo. I would like other people's thoughts on the situation. My lawyer did give me the name of a company for a bodyguard and armored car if I chose to go to the interview, but she did advise against it.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Dawn&Jose said:

I just got back from Cuba visiting withy my Fiancé. While I was there we talked about me going to Maracaibo to visit him and officially meet his family. I did notice in Cuba that everyone knew I was American because of my lighter hair and blue eyes. Jose said I just shouldn't speak in public since my Spanish isn't that great. I am very scared to travel to Caracas for the interview, but I would like to actually see where he comes from and meet his friends and family there in person. (usually I just speak to them on FaceTime) I was going to apply in NYC for the travel Visa next week. My friends and family are against it but I feel like I want to go to experience it. I know I am a female going there alone but I have traveled to countries like Haiti so I know somewhat what to expect. He would pick me up from the airport and I would be with him or his family the whole time and would stay in Maracaibo. I would like other people's thoughts on the situation. My lawyer did give me the name of a company for a bodyguard and armored car if I chose to go to the interview, but she did advise against it.

Haiti has nothing on Venezuela at this point.

In my humble opinion you are just wasting your time, money and putting yourself at unnecessary risk.

Your presence is not required for the interview. I do get you want to meet his family but a white, american and female screams from trouble...even regular Venezuelans needs body guard and they get robbed inside the airport facility. I'm venezuelan, lived 25 of my 31 years in Venezuela, I know Maracaibo like the palm of my hand...I WOULD NEVER COME BACK not even to visit. You will be an easy target to get robbed and or kidnap especially knowing you have $$$$.

What you can do is that later on you guys can meet in another country like aruba or colombia...but as a venezuelan citizen I strongly advised you not to go. Being with his family will do little to nothing to protect you as I've seen thousands of cases of people breaking in and robbing you broad light day.

I was robbed gun point on my way to work at 8 am in the morning on a Thursday while I was waiting on a red light, in one of the  most "secure" zones in Caracas. We have up to 200 murders in our capital on a weekly basis , around 30,000 in just 1 year...Haiti doesn't even get closed to that.

You truly don't understand how incredible dangerous and stupid can be to go to Venezuela, please be safe

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Has anyone from the US applied for a visa to visit Venezuela at the embassy/consulate in NYC? I am very confused about what you need and I can never seem to get anyone to answer the phone there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad to find this thread. My fiancée is currently in Valencia and I will soon start the process of petitioning for his K-1. He is soon traveling to visit me in the USA later this summer and will stay with me for a few months then return home. I am very worried about the consular situation in Venezuela and how it will affect processing of these applications. We want to do things right via K-1 even if that means waiting a bit longer. It is frustrating to have to wait, but that we have done, we have been together for almost 2 years since meeting in the USA while each of us were on vacation! I cannot wait for the day we can finally say I DO! :) 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I recently learned that you can apply for an expedite for the K1 visa. I applied for an expedite due to humanitarian reasons of political unrest, food water and medication shortages and economic collapse in Venezuela. A few days later they requested more information/proof supporting my request. According to the tier 2 officer I spoke with at USCIS that is a good thing because they usually deny 90% of expedite requests right away, but they are considering mine. I'm not sure how much faster the expedite will make it, if we get approved, but any little bit helps when they are living in those conditions. I wish my lawyer had told me about this when we filed! I will let you guys know if they approve it what proof I sent in so that maybe it can help you guys too. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dawn&Jose said:

Hi everyone,

So I recently learned that you can apply for an expedite for the K1 visa. I applied for an expedite due to humanitarian reasons of political unrest, food water and medication shortages and economic collapse in Venezuela. A few days later they requested more information/proof supporting my request. According to the tier 2 officer I spoke with at USCIS that is a good thing because they usually deny 90% of expedite requests right away, but they are considering mine. I'm not sure how much faster the expedite will make it, if we get approved, but any little bit helps when they are living in those conditions. I wish my lawyer had told me about this when we filed! I will let you guys know if they approve it what proof I sent in so that maybe it can help you guys too. 

I hope you expedite request gets approved! Having our love ones in Venezuela is super hard.

Did you use a template to request the expedite approval?

I'm trying to help my best friend expedite her case, but haven been able to find an example.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Vivianna said:

I hope you expedite request gets approved! Having our love ones in Venezuela is super hard.

Did you use a template to request the expedite approval?

I'm trying to help my best friend expedite her case, but haven been able to find an example.

Thank you. I just called 1-800-375-5283 entered my case number then hit option #3 to speak with an officer. I told them I wanted to make an expedite request and the reasons why, they did and gave me a receipt number. It has been a difficult ride since because i never received their email asking for evidence but I spoke with a teir 2 officer and he told me to fax the evidence and now I am still waiting for an answer. More waiting... but if it helps I will be so thankful. Best part is it doesn't cost anything or interfere with the waiting we have already done... Did you get to schedule your interview yet?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dawn&Jose said:

Thank you. I just called 1-800-375-5283 entered my case number then hit option #3 to speak with an officer. I told them I wanted to make an expedite request and the reasons why, they did and gave me a receipt number. It has been a difficult ride since because i never received their email asking for evidence but I spoke with a teir 2 officer and he told me to fax the evidence and now I am still waiting for an answer. More waiting... but if it helps I will be so thankful. Best part is it doesn't cost anything or interfere with the waiting we have already done... Did you get to schedule your interview yet?

Thank you so much for the Info!

I was able to pay for the interview but no to schedule it. I sent an email to the embassy last week which they reply on Monday saying that available appointment will be on the site this week, but no luck so far :(. 

image.png.93ebb7aca33dc9dc05c85d204001914a.png

Edited by Vivianna

Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, Vivianna said:

Thank you so much for the Info!

I was able to pay for the interview but no to schedule it. I sent an email to the embassy last week which they reply on Monday saying that available appointment will be on the site this week, but no luck so far :(. 

image.png.93ebb7aca33dc9dc05c85d204001914a.png

I saw that you finally scheduled your interview for next month! Congrats and GOOD LUCK...:D

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Dawn&Jose said:

I saw that you finally scheduled your interview for next month! Congrats and GOOD LUCK...:D

Yes!!! We were finally able to schedule an interview. Well we did not pick the date. the embassy sent us the appointment via email because I kept complaining via email that the website doesn't work :D

Have you hear anything about your expedite case?

Timeline

Not anything helpful. I received 2 emails from the CSC. 1 said they have all my documents, are reviewing my case, and will have an decision shortly, and the one I received the next day said the same things except said within 45 days. The USCIS supervisor I spoke with this week sent in a request to have them approve or deny by Friday since it had been over a month,  but I am not counting on any miracles. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.