dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Nuj said:

Does anyone know if Ethiopia is a Pivot case because my Lawyer said that everything is mailed out but someone on Visajourney told me that it is pivot. I'm confused?

I have two cases in Addis, Ethiopia. It is a pivot case and you don't need to mail any document. I'm done with my wife waiting for visa interview and i'm still waiting from my mom. I was the one who told you already that Ethiopia is a pivot case. 

1 minute ago, Meb said:

I have two cases in Addis, Ethiopia. It is a pivot case and you don't need to mail any document. I'm done with my wife waiting for visa interview and i'm still waiting from my mom. I was the one who told you already that Ethiopia is a pivot case. 

yea you did tell me but my lawyer said it will take 4 weeks for a case # and that made me confused because it thought it took 8 weeks for pivot cases?

1 minute ago, Nuj said:

yea you did tell me but my lawyer said it will take 4 weeks for a case # and that made me confused because it thought it took 8 weeks for pivot cases?

This thing is new and he might not have an updated information. I'm on my 9th week for my mother, waiting for the case number. I don't think lawyers help in this particular process. You can do yourself with the help of Visa Journey better. Ask your lawyer he need to double check.

1 minute ago, Meb said:

This thing is new and he might not have an updated information. I'm on my 9th week for my mother, waiting for the case number. I don't think lawyers help in this particular process. You can do yourself with the help of Visa Journey better. Ask your lawyer he need to double check.

How long did it take to get a case number for your wife?

NVC received my case on 21 Feb then I changed consulate from Non Pivot to Pivot and they gave me the case number on 27 March. I don't have invoice number and didn't get welcome letter yet. When I called yesterday they told me that they received my case on the 27 March. I'm not sure whether I'm going to wait 8 weeks time from the 21 Feb or 27 March to get my welcome letter. Any idea guys?????

2 minutes ago, Meb said:

By the time it was three weeks waiting period. I got it after 4 weeks. But now the waiting time period is 8 weeks and i'm in my 9th week. People are getting their case number between 10th and 12th week.

Oh ok thanks so much for your help. Hopefully you will get it soon for your mom. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Meb said:

NVC received my case on 21 Feb then I changed consulate from Non Pivot to Pivot and they gave me the case number on 27 March. I don't have invoice number and didn't get welcome letter yet. When I called yesterday they told me that they received my case on the 27 March. I'm not sure whether I'm going to wait 8 weeks time from the 21 Feb or 27 March to get my welcome letter. Any idea guys?????

What do you mean you changed consulate from Non Pivot to Pivot? 

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nuj said:

Unfortunately it seems that a lot of lawyers do not keep up with the changes in this process. I would have a serious talk with your lawyer & make sure he does NOT mail your documents if you are a pivot case. They will end up mailing them back & wasting a lot of your time. If you are a pivot case you must upload the documents. And yes, it's taking about 8-10 weeks for pivot cases to get their case numbers. Good luck & don't be afraid to speak up to your lawyer!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

2 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Unfortunately it seems that a lot of lawyers do not keep up with the changes in this process. I would have a serious talk with your lawyer & make sure he does NOT mail your documents if you are a pivot case. They will end up mailing them back & wasting a lot of your time. If you are a pivot case you must upload the documents. And yes, it's taking about 8-10 weeks for pivot cases to get their case numbers. Good luck & don't be afraid to speak up to your lawyer!

Yea you are right. My lawyer hasn't been in practice for a long time so she might not know, but I appreciate everyones help thank you so much 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.