dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Violeta15 said:

Oh so now they are starting with June interviews? 

the representative from nvc could not tell me

but people in the chat in facebook started saying they have june interviews already

the majority the petitioner are residents not US citizens.

i called but i still dont have a date yet. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Faithunlimited said:

I am the USC and my husband's interview is May 29th.  I have scheduled his finger prints and medical exam. To my surprise, the finger print appointments went fast. My husband is here in the US,  and hasnt decided when he wants to leave, thus we havent booked any hotel rooms. He will drive to CDJ. Its only about 8 hrs from where we live. 

that is good. wish him the very best. 

3 minutes ago, Paola93 said:

the representative from nvc could not tell me

but people in the chat in facebook started saying they have june interviews already

the majority the petitioner are residents not US citizens.

i called but i still dont have a date yet. 

That makes no sense why they would get their interview dates before yours... I have no clue how they figure out who gets a date and who doesnt. According to NVC, they said it was "first in, first out", but clearly this does not seem to be the case.  I wish they could provide more insight into their processes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, Scherice1 said:

I used a regular binder to organize my book. Then I used dividers with tabs to section off the individual documents. I organized the documents in the order that they have them on the interview checklist (so I did his birth certificate, English translation, and copies of both; next is his police original certificate, English translation and copies of both; next copies of the bio page of his passport; next our original marriage certificate, English translation and copies of both; next I completed an updated I 864 because USCIS has a newer version on their site, I added my 2017 IRS tax transcript, 2017 tax return 2017 w-2 form and an updated letter from my job. Under this tab I also have the original I 864 I submitted to NVC and all the supporting financial documents I provided to prove my eligibility to sponsor my husband; next I have a tab that has the I 130 and I 130A that I submitted to USCIS. I even have the letter I received from USCIS showing when our petition was accepted and the letter showing when the petition was approved; next I have a tabbed section that has letters and cards we’ve written each other, cards we received from friends and family to celebrate our wedding and first anniversary, and I included a few FB posts that he and I tagged each other in as additional “love letters”; lastly I have pictures from the first time we met all the way to my last trip there in March to celebrate our anniversary.)

Oh yeah, in the pockets in the front of the binder I have a copy of the interview checklist, the interview letter, the DS 260 confirmation page, a copy of the completed DS 260, copies of the NVC fees and the receipts showing they were paid, and every email I received from NVC.

I know it is overkill and they probably won’t ask to see even a 1/3 of it, but I didn’t want to leave anything out just in case.

So did you hole punch all your documents and put them in the binder and separated using tabs?

Or you had pocket dividers and put documents in there?

Edited by Harmeet Kaur

Timeline
3 hours ago, Faithunlimited said:

That makes no sense why they would get their interview dates before yours... I have no clue how they figure out who gets a date and who doesnt. According to NVC, they said it was "first in, first out", but clearly this does not seem to be the case.  I wish they could provide more insight into their processes. 

the residents go by priority date when they first received their NOA

and us US citizens go by Case Completed

the residents to get approved can take up to 2 years from start to finish

that what I have read. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello 

my wife is not comfortable in speaking english. Hence, do you know if they provide interpreter services in Telugu or Kannada at Mumbai ?

Can we leverage services from a professional interpreter for this purpose?

Please help

Edited by Nav1985

On 4/16/2018 at 7:14 AM, Bos said:

Had interview last Thursday April 12 at Lagos consulate Nigeria. The interview lasted for about two minutes. The consulate only asked what is my name and what my spouse do for living and he said welcome to American. He handed me two white papers one with instructions on how to create a profile online for passport pick up and the other with instructions on how to pay for green card which is $220. The online status changed to administrative processing right after the interview and on Friday it changed to issued. Now just waiting to pick up passport hopefully tomorrow. The w2s that NVC specifically  ask to be taken to interview because it was not submitted to NVC, the consulate didn't even asked for it neither did he even asked for any wedding pictures. He seems he already made his decision even before he started the interview. 

Congrats. We both had our interview on same date and also pick up package on same day too.lol

Edited by Showmiro

4 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

So did you hole punch all your documents and put them in the binder and separated using tabs?

Or you had pocket dividers and put documents in there?

I used pocket dividers with pockets and put the documents in the pockets.

35 minutes ago, Scherice1 said:

Usé divisores de bolsillo con bolsillos y puse los documentos en los bolsillos.

Tomorrow is your interview pls tell us how it was and your experience!!!

My interview is in one week!!

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

3 minutes ago, L&J15 said:

Tomorrow is your interview pls tell us how it was and your experience!!!

My interview is in one week!!

Yes, it is tomorrow!!! Of course, I will let you guys know how it goes, what questions they ask, and how long the wait took. 

Send up positive vibes and prayers for us tonight, please 🙏🏽

1 minute ago, Scherice1 said:

Sí, es mañana! Por supuesto, les dejaré saber cómo va, qué preguntas hacen y cuánto tiempo tomó la espera. 

Envíe vibraciones positivas y oraciones por nosotros esta noche, por favor 🙏🏽

Of course, I will pray a lot for both, I know that everything will turn out well in the name of Jesus! My best wishes and good vibes!!!

And thank you in advance,, I'll be waiting!!!

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

2 hours ago, Showmiro said:

Please how much is the Keira equivalent of the green card fee you paid and Did you pay cash or you paid via card? 

The green card fee is $220. You will make the payment online with either your credit or debit card . Someone can also make the payment on your behalf you just need to provide them with your case and Alien number printed on your visa to complete the payment. 

12 hours ago, Robin1200 said:

Awww, your story is sweet ! 😁

passport with travel docs, I never knew there would be extra..

Did you choose pickup location at interview or you registered before interview? 

Was your medical exam result collected from you at the interview  ? 

Thanks and congratulations once again!!!! 

Yes you will be given a seal evenlop that contains all the applications and documents you submitted to both uscis and nvc to take back to the US. I registered online for passport pick up before the interview and medical exam result was collected at interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.