Lilly224

I 601 expedite request sent to NSC by mail

19 posts in this topic

Our attorney sent an expedite request for I601 by mail directly to the Nebraska Service Center, has anyone had luck with an expedite recently. I have not received anything(mail, email or online case updates) from USCIS regarding the expedite, it's been 11 (calendar days). How long does it take to hear back? Will they send a response? I did see the date "last updated" change online 4 days after we sent the request but the status didn't change so I am not sure if this means anything...any guidance here is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would ask the Attorney , never seen one mailed in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

We sent in the request to expedite in January and I thought if we didn't hear anything within 2 weeks we were OOL, but somewhere online I saw that they may be behind in processing the requests. A week or so after I thought we had probably been denied we got a letter in the mail saying that they had received the request and that if there was no response within something like 10 business days we should assume it's been denied, and that average processing times for the I-601 are 11 months or more, but then a day later we got the email from USCIS saying that the actual I-601 had been approved! 

• 8 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 4:20 PM, Lilly224 said:

Right, attorney said this is how she's done it. But I agree everything I've read says to call customer service and email. I would assume mailing it just delays and they still receive it but like I mentioned I have not heard anything. Thanks for the reply.

Did your expedite ever get approved? Our attorney just mailed ours as well and i am worried because i have read everything that says to call but he’s been in law for 30 years and says this is how he does it...thanks

• 1 year later...
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nsaqer said:

if you get a I 601 expedite approved, how likely is your waiver get approved?

Same as it was before.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Whatever it would have been without the expedite.

I 601 waiver submitted 6/15/17 (CIMT) 

RFE request 10/13/18

RFE submitted 12/18/18

I 601 waiver denied 1/29/19

Appeal sent 4/3/19

Appeal remanded and sent back for new decision Nov 21

Request for expedite sent 1/15/20

Request for expedite denied 1/16/20

Request for expedite approved 1/30/20

How likely do you think that they will approve our waiver?

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Whatever it would have been without the expedite.

I thank you for your input, but can you elaborate on that? so since the appeals agreed that we had extreme and heightened hardships, would USCIS consider the appeals decision to reconsider? I guess I am assuming that they believe it is serious enough to warrant an expedite would they approve it?

Edited by Nsaqer

Timeline

They are different things looked at by different people.

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They are different things looked at by different people.

Oh I see you I never thought about it that way I thought one officer looks at everything

So does anyone know of anyone who got an expedite approved but a waiver deniedSo does anyone know of anyone who got an expedite approved but a waiver denied

Timeline

I do not recollect ever coming across this but then again very few well prepared waivers are not approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.