Lorna&Alex

experiences with additional proof of ongoing relationship for interview at London Embassy

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi :)

My interview is next Thursday at the embassy in London!! I think I've almost got everything ready and organised :)

When we initially submitted our i129F, we backed it up with lots of evidence of our relationship i.e. boarding passes, itineraries, my engagement ring receipt, pictures, call logs etc. etc...the list goes on. I just wanted to know what other kind of evidence I should be bringing along to the interview with me as I already added so much evidence into my petition and was approved with no issues? Also, I am bringing my fiance into the interview with me (if they allow me) so I feel like that's proof enough lol. I can print some more boarding passes and pics etc. but I just wanted to find out what other people's experiences were like :)

Lorna

I brought all kinds of evidence with me of communication, visits etc from the time between filing the I-129F to the interview. For example, his grandmother send me a card in that meantime, took it with me. I took another two week trip after NOA2, collecting everything to show at the interview. New Skype logs, new Whatsapp logs. End up not having to show anything but focus on evidence of communication after you filed I-129F.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

They won't let your fiancee in if he's not on the list, you can ask them to add him using the contact form for London :)

Everyone takes folders of extra proof of relationship to the interview, including me... I've yet to hear of anyone being asked for it at London.

But from experience I'd say take anything you think may be asked for - it'll keep you from stressing out so much 😁

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've been reading London experiences for many years. They do not want to see additional relationship evidence, but everybody thinks they are going to be that first, of a thousand anecdotal experiences told, that needs something. It is much easier than you are imagining.

Documents, fingerprints, short chat...done.

Timeline

I am hopefully going to be interviewed at London some stage later this year. I haven’t seen or read many people comment on it but do London actually let your fiancé in with you too (of course not to stand by my side when I’m being interviewed) but to wait in the waiting area whilst I’m being interviewed? If they do, do you have to email in advance or what? 

It would be a nice comforting thing :) 

Edited by jakejon

8 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I am hopefully going to be interviewed at London some stage later this year. I haven’t seen or read many people comment on it but do London actually let your fiancé in with you too (of course not to stand by my side when I’m being interviewed) but to wait in the waiting area whilst I’m being interviewed? If they do, do you have to email in advance or what? 

London will let your fiance in if you have told them they'll be there.

Use the contact form on the website and ask for them to be added to the list :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Timeline
Just now, trudi said:

London will let your fiance in if you have told them they'll be there.

Use the contact form on the website and ask for them to be added to the list :)

That’s great! I’m sure he will love that too. Thanks for your advice. All I hear about London is great positive things and I’m grateful to have a great Embassy 😊

Timeline
23 minutes ago, jakejon said:

My fiancé came with me. She just talked her way in showing her US Passport, but getting prior approval is the way to go. 

Bookmark this https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas-old/iv_contact_form/

Timeline

I will note that in past years there have been a couple of specific days when nobody but the one interviewing could go in. Those were days of heightened security, for example if the President or Secretary of State were in London.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I will note that in past years there have been a couple of specific days when nobody but the one interviewing could go in. Those were days of heightened security, for example if the President or Secretary of State were in London.

That’s great to know. On Day 90 now of waiting for NOA2 so hopefully about half way now...

My timeline says our case may get adjudicated around 3-8 July. We would be outside of normal processing around 27th July (210 days). Processing times will never be as short as they were early 2017 last year. I’m hoping I may get my visa in hand around mid September-end of October! All worth it though and I would wait another 600 days for Jake if I had to ❤️🍀

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your wonderful responses :) I am going to print out a few pieces of additional evidence and also fill out the form that @Wuozopo has attached to this thread :)

Timeline

I took a well laid out file with all the required documents and then evidence of a couple of additional trips which had happened since the initial application. My fiancee was with me (we confirmed with the embassy beforehand).

All I would say is make sure you take every scrap of required documentation (originals are fine because they are returned) and any additional evidence that's occurred since the original application (we were not asked for this info).

The most important info you take is the financial support stuff. The interview itself, if you're a legit couple, simply don't worry about it. 

Reggie.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Reggie B said:

I took a well laid out file with all the required documents and then evidence of a couple of additional trips which had happened since the initial application. My fiancee was with me (we confirmed with the embassy beforehand).

All I would say is make sure you take every scrap of required documentation (originals are fine because they are returned) and any additional evidence that's occurred since the original application (we were not asked for this info).

The most important info you take is the financial support stuff. The interview itself, if you're a legit couple, simply don't worry about it. 

Reggie.

Were you notified beforehand that your fiance was allowed to come into the embassy with you?? I completed the online form and requested for Alex to come in with me, but I wasn't sure if I'd receive an email confirming that he's allowed?

Timeline
On 3/26/2018 at 11:50 AM, Lorna&Alex said:

Hi :)

My interview is next Thursday at the embassy in London!! I think I've almost got everything ready and organised :)

When we initially submitted our i129F, we backed it up with lots of evidence of our relationship i.e. boarding passes, itineraries, my engagement ring receipt, pictures, call logs etc. etc...the list goes on. I just wanted to know what other kind of evidence I should be bringing along to the interview with me as I already added so much evidence into my petition and was approved with no issues? Also, I am bringing my fiance into the interview with me (if they allow me) so I feel like that's proof enough lol. I can print some more boarding passes and pics etc. but I just wanted to find out what other people's experiences were like :)

Lorna

Good luck!!!! You'll ace it! xx

Timeline
On 3/27/2018 at 6:35 AM, Lorna&Alex said:

Were you notified beforehand that your fiance was allowed to come into the embassy with you?? I completed the online form and requested for Alex to come in with me, but I wasn't sure if I'd receive an email confirming that he's allowed?

Yes, I filled the form out online (if memory serves) and I received an email fairly promptly confirming my fiancee could come along. They check your name against a list outside the embassy so it's a step you'll have to take.

To be honest though, I'm not sure having my fiancee there made any difference, other than keeping my anxiety in check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.