Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, py6 said:

Damn. Sorry to hear that. What are they gonna do now if they cancelled your N400 and aren't willing to schedule you for I-751. Honestly did this whole BS just start? I mean isn't the whole purpose of them holding our I-751s to combine them together for the interview? This is is not working. They need to figure it out. If they can't do combo, they need to do your i-751 like NOW. 

It all started in 2016. After the election people started applying for N-400 and so all uscis offices are all backlogged and Seattle is one of the worst offices in the nation. Then they implemented new policies to make the wait go from months to years. Recently they are proposing a new law to increase the fee to file N-400 from $685 to roughly $1200, and so people are applying like crazy too for fear the fee would increase even more. USCIS can’t handle all the cases, they f Up because of this reason. So things will always be worse from now on, not better. I know a few combo filers who waited way longer that I do. I suggest those people to talk to their lawyers and make actions to push the Seattle office to change, because this is not acceptable. They lied to me before too, they said it was ok to apply with a pending i-751 because with the wait time in seattle my i-751 will be approved before N-400, way before that. Then they said, oh sorry, we are going to combine the two cases now (to save time and money). But we paid $680 for the I-751, and $720 for the N-400! We paid for it, and it wasn’t processed. Now they are telling me we are not doing combo interview any more, N-400 can’t be processed with I-751 pending, but we don’t know if we could schedule your i-751 interview. #######? I’m so pissed and so stressed. I swear if I had the power to go back in time, I would never never ever listen to USCIS officers and would have waited to get my I-751 processed first. Now I am in a limbo with no way of knowing what’s next for my fate here in this country. This is just sad. I did not do anything wrong here. 

7 hours ago, Felicie said:

I guess I have learned it the hard way but to all Seattle filers out there, please do not file N400 with a pending i751. Do not do that. It would drain your soul and your energy. Seattle office is the slowest one in the nation and they could f us over and over. 

So glad I didn’t have to do I-751. It’s a disgrace what they are doing with you.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Felicie said:

It all started in 2016. After the election people started applying for N-400 and so all uscis offices are all backlogged and Seattle is one of the worst offices in the nation. Then they implemented new policies to make the wait go from months to years. Recently they are proposing a new law to increase the fee to file N-400 from $685 to roughly $1200, and so people are applying like crazy too for fear the fee would increase even more. USCIS can’t handle all the cases, they f Up because of this reason. So things will always be worse from now on, not better. I know a few combo filers who waited way longer that I do. I suggest those people to talk to their lawyers and make actions to push the Seattle office to change, because this is not acceptable. They lied to me before too, they said it was ok to apply with a pending i-751 because with the wait time in seattle my i-751 will be approved before N-400, way before that. Then they said, oh sorry, we are going to combine the two cases now (to save time and money). But we paid $680 for the I-751, and $720 for the N-400! We paid for it, and it wasn’t processed. Now they are telling me we are not doing combo interview any more, N-400 can’t be processed with I-751 pending, but we don’t know if we could schedule your i-751 interview. #######? I’m so pissed and so stressed. I swear if I had the power to go back in time, I would never never ever listen to USCIS officers and would have waited to get my I-751 processed first. Now I am in a limbo with no way of knowing what’s next for my fate here in this country. This is just sad. I did not do anything wrong here. 

Did all the combo filers get separated interviews? What is causing Seattle office to change their policy if they had been doing it for so long without a problem? I mean hearing this is absurd because all other offices do combo interviews. What Seattle office is doing is unacceptable. Not only that it's not processing cases in time, it's also deliberately delaying combo filers.

Worst case you can consider using legal help.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

1 hour ago, Felicie said:

Time for Writ of Mandamus. 

4 hours ago, py6 said:

Did all the combo filers get separated interviews? What is causing Seattle office to change their policy if they had been doing it for so long without a problem? I mean hearing this is absurd because all other offices do combo interviews. What Seattle office is doing is unacceptable. Not only that it's not processing cases in time, it's also deliberately delaying combo filers.

Worst case you can consider using legal help.

I guess it is the only thing combo filers could do at this point. I don't know why Seattle office is this bad. Seattle is a good city and welcoming to immigrants. I don't know why .

14 hours ago, Felicie said:

Have they cancelled your Dec interview? 

On 11/13/2019 at 4:50 PM, Kylekyle said:

That’s what they do at Seattle office for the combo filer. Based on my time frame, i filed my I-751 in December 2016, I got the interview for I-751 at Seattle office in late September 2019. 

Knowing this makes me feel so hopeless. I filed I 751 in June 2017 and transferred my case from MN to here so I assume it will even take longer. And holiday season is coming up.. 

I thought MN office was the worst in the country because they have to process cases in MN, ND, part of SD and WI. They also take in a huge number of refugees in the last couple of years.. what is Seattle office's excuse? 

2 hours ago, Dani N said:

Knowing this makes me feel so hopeless. I filed I 751 in June 2017 and transferred my case from MN to here so I assume it will even take longer. And holiday season is coming up.. 

I thought MN office was the worst in the country because they have to process cases in MN, ND, part of SD and WI. They also take in a huge number of refugees in the last couple of years.. what is Seattle office's excuse? 

They said they don’t have the officer who can do the combo interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dani N said:

No excuse. They are one of the worst in the nation. If they don't have enough officers, they can hire more. USCIS is self-funded. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Hey guys I got my I751 approved while N400 pending.

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

44 minutes ago, RKX1101 said:

Hey guys I got my I751 approved while N400 pending.

Excellent! When did you file both? And did you do anything special like contacting Congressmen?

My estimated wait time for the N-400 went down from 2 months to 30 days (this morning).

The estimated completion date still is stuck in February 2020.

I filed N-400 on October 24, 2018 (my I-751 still is pending from Nov 04, 2017).

1 hour ago, GermanG said:

Excellent! When did you file both? And did you do anything special like contacting Congressmen?

I filed I751 Sept 2018 and N400 just recently in October so I didn't contact anyone cuz I'm still within the timeline. I guess I just got lucky and they transferred my case to Potomac instead of the local office.

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.