Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Seattle_ite said:

Question: Has anyone tried going at an earlier time on the day of their interview? I wonder what happens if folks show up way before their scheduled time on the day of interview. Are they interviewed sooner or do they have to wait till their allocated time on the letter?

I showed up way before my interview. They didn’t let me check in until a certain amount of time before my interview (I think 30 mins), and was asked to wait in the waiting area/room until it was time to check in.  I was first to check in for my time block and I think I was called in a few minutes before my time. 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, Felicie said:

Do you know any case that has combo interview in Seattle? Maybe we could talk to them and see what we should do

I am a combo filer. I saw a lot of folks are still waiting for the interview. I just wanted to share my experience about how Seattle office handled my case. I filed my I-751 in December 2016 and N-400 in January 2018. I was originally scheduled for a combo interview in February 2019. Then the interview got descheduled. They told me Seattle office doesn’t do the combo interview anymore. They need to approve I-751 before they approve N-400. So I have waited until Mid September 2019 for the I-751 interview. My interview got approved and I received my 10 year green card in October. Now I’m still waiting to get my N-400 interview scheduled. 

22 minutes ago, Kylekyle said:

I am a combo filer. I saw a lot of folks are still waiting for the interview. I just wanted to share my experience about how Seattle office handled my case. I filed my I-751 in December 2016 and N-400 in January 2018. I was originally scheduled for a combo interview in February 2019. Then the interview got descheduled. They told me Seattle office doesn’t do the combo interview anymore. They need to approve I-751 before they approve N-400. So I have waited until Mid September 2019 for the I-751 interview. My interview got approved and I received my 10 year green card in October. Now I’m still waiting to get my N-400 interview scheduled. 

I will keep you updated on my case. Really hope they don’t deschedule my case but if they do I’ll just go ahead and kill myself lol. I’m tired of not belonging anywhere and in constant fear of losing everything I have. 

1 minute ago, Felicie said:

I will keep you updated on my case. Really hope they don’t deschedule my case but if they do I’ll just go ahead and kill myself lol. I’m tired of not belonging anywhere and in constant fear of losing everything I have. 

They probably started doing the combo interview again. Who knows? But I would double check and see what kind of the interview shows on the paper notice. 

Hi All! I've sent my package today and my local office is Seattle! Good to see many Washingtonian on this forum! Let the waiting game start! Also my Removing condition was approved in August this year..

Edited by Yanirose

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

I have a question how long does it take approximately to get your biometric appointment? I'm going back home (UK)  in December for 2 weeks 

AOS From K1:

ROC:

N400

1 hour ago, Yanirose said:

I have a question how long does it take approximately to get your biometric appointment? I'm going back home (UK)  in December for 2 weeks 

I’m also from the UK! Applied on September 30

and had my biometrics in Seattle on October 23.

Enjoy the homeland! 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Felicie said:

I guess I have learned it the hard way but to all Seattle filers out there, please do not file N400 with a pending i751. Do not do that. It would drain your soul and your energy. Seattle office is the slowest one in the nation and they could f us over and over. 

What happened? Are they not doing a combo interview for you?

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

2 hours ago, Felicie said:

I guess I have learned it the hard way but to all Seattle filers out there, please do not file N400 with a pending i751. Do not do that. It would drain your soul and your energy. Seattle office is the slowest one in the nation and they could f us over and over. 

Already did that mistake despite my wife telling me otherwise. My I751 should have been approved by now. Although mine is still at Potomac so I'm gonna give them a call next week just in case.

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

4 hours ago, Felicie said:

I have heard so many horror stories about that... thats why I've waited.

AOS From K1:

ROC:

N400

2 hours ago, py6 said:

What happened? Are they not doing a combo interview for you?

They said they don’t know. They scheduled me for my n-400 then said my n-400 can’t be adjudicated without my I-751 being approved, but they said “we can’t schedule you for the i-751 interview, it’s not what we could decide” bullshit. What does that tell ya

If I could go back in time, I would slap my old self for 500 times very very hard and said screw N-400, just wait for I-751. Too late now. I have done everything I could from contacting house representative, senator, to the ombudsman service. They can’t help. 

So one lesson for you guys, paid at my own expenses. DO NOT FILE FOR N400 WITH A PENDING I-751. DO NOT DO THAT. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Felicie said:

They said they don’t know. They scheduled me for my n-400 then said my n-400 can’t be adjudicated without my I-751 being approved, but they said “we can’t schedule you for the i-751 interview, it’s not what we could decide” bullshit. What does that tell ya

If I could go back in time, I would slap my old self for 500 times very very hard and said screw N-400, just wait for I-751. Too late now. I have done everything I could from contacting house representative, senator, to the ombudsman service. They can’t help. 

So one lesson for you guys, paid at my own expenses. DO NOT FILE FOR N400 WITH A PENDING I-751. DO NOT DO THAT. 

Damn. Sorry to hear that. What are they gonna do now if they cancelled your N400 and aren't willing to schedule you for I-751. Honestly did this whole BS just start? I mean isn't the whole purpose of them holding our I-751s to combine them together for the interview? This is is not working. They need to figure it out. If they can't do combo, they need to do your i-751 like NOW. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

22 minutes ago, py6 said:

Damn. Sorry to hear that. What are they gonna do now if they cancelled your N400 and aren't willing to schedule you for I-751. Honestly did this whole BS just start? I mean isn't the whole purpose of them holding our I-751s to combine them together for the interview? This is is not working. They need to figure it out. If they can't do combo, they need to do your i-751 like NOW. 

That’s what they do at Seattle office for the combo filer. Based on my time frame, i filed my I-751 in December 2016, I got the interview for I-751 at Seattle office in late September 2019. 

55 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I was so pissed when my combo interview got descheduled in February. But there’s really nothing you can do right now other than just waiting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.