Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Folks, We applied on April 03, 2020 and wondering what is an estimated safe ETA for the interview call? We are planning to fly out of country to meet our parents and wanted to stay there until mid of July ideally. Of course this is the trip we can postpone but wanted to take advantage of WFH and kids being on remote learning. 

3 hours ago, vsky said:

I filed on 11/19/2019. Interview is scheduled for 4/26

Congratulations! 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

10 hours ago, Decent80 said:

Folks, We applied on April 03, 2020 and wondering what is an estimated safe ETA for the interview call? We are planning to fly out of country to meet our parents and wanted to stay there until mid of July ideally. Of course this is the trip we can postpone but wanted to take advantage of WFH and kids being on remote learning. 

Travelling is your personal decision and you take it at your own risk. So far, have seen an increase in interviewing rate, but at the current rate you would be expected to:

Average: 09/17/2021
Min: 09/01/2021
Max: 09/26/2021

This said, we are seeing a week earlier every week or 2, and this is not considered on my calculations. My calculations are based on current data on this forum as people reporting. 

2 hours ago, MGMA said:

Travelling is your personal decision and you take it at your own risk. So far, have seen an increase in interviewing rate, but at the current rate you would be expected to:

This said, we are seeing a week earlier every week or 2, and this is not considered on my calculations. My calculations are based on current data on this forum as people reporting. 

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Any updates on whether the Seattle office currently does the judicial ceremony or not? Still hesitating whether it's worth doing the name change through the court prior to the oath or not.

Also, does anyone know if you could bring a naturalization certificate to the Post Office in your old name with a county court name change certificate to the new name and request the passport in the new name?

On 3/27/2021 at 10:10 AM, MGMA said:

I’m just wondering what are the risks involved with travel in terms of n400 application. During the last 5 years we have been out of country just 80 days. Are there risks which I’m not thinking about?

On 3/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, Alpa Alpa said:

Sorry, I mean July 2020. 

@Alpa Alpa I noticed from the tracking sheet that you have an biometric interview date rather than reuse letter. Did they send you the letter automatically or you had to request for it? I am curious. Most likely I’ll have to provide biometrics instead of reuse. Thanks 

Edited by Bd1981

Hello - did any of you recently received biometric interview letter instead of reuse letter? I noticed most of Seattle applicants received biometric reuse letter within a month lately. I think I might have to appear for biometric interview since never given my biometric in USCIS office in USA. Would like to know if anyone received the biometric interview letter lately. Thanks 

29 minutes ago, Bd1981 said:

@Alpa Alpa I noticed from the tracking sheet that you have an biometric interview date rather than reuse letter. Did they send you the letter automatically or you had to request for it? I am curious. Most likely I’ll have to provide biometrics instead of reuse. Thanks 

They sent it to me by mail, It took 3 weeks to receive it from the day I got the message on my phone until arrived the letter. But you can print from the document in case you don't receive it.  

Edited by Alpa Alpa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.