CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Alexabbas334 said:

Hey buddy! Thank you! I just got back and thought I would check and see how it went with you. I tried to look for you however I was already called in around 8:15 or so and then made exit out the other way so I didnt see you. 

My interview went well. The civics questions I was asked were: 

1. when was the constitution of the US written? 
2. what are the two rights of every person in the declaration of independence?

3. Who vetos bills?

4. Capital of the United States? 

5. Why did the people move to the United States? 

6. What is one duty that only US Citizens have?

I got all of them correct. Then she asked me to speak a statement on the Ipad and then write it down. Went through all the questions in my application. A couple of questions regarding my work phone number had changed. She also asked me about my marriage, my children and where I work. Eventually she said she cannot make a decission today as my application needs to be reviewed by a supervisor. My attorney was on the phone all the time. 

I will keep you guys posted once I hear either way. Good luck to everyone else! 

I am glad to hear you did well! I hope you’ll get approve very soon! Supporting you fellow immigrant 

2 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Nope, not at all during my interview. 

I also watch the mandalorian! That’s so cool! 

8 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Nope, not at all during my interview. 

Congratulations! I saw from your previous post that you are well prepared with a big folder full of documents, may I ask whether the IO asked you to show any documents? Any experience in that regard? Also is there a glass in between you and the IO? Did you need to have mask on the WHOLE TIME? Thanks! Also did he tell you how long is the wait for the ceremony? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cheese_lover33 said:

Congratulations! I saw from your previous post that you are well prepared with a big folder full of documents, may I ask whether the IO asked you to show any documents? Any experience in that regard? Also is there a glass in between you and the IO? Did you need to have mask on the WHOLE TIME? Thanks! Also did he tell you how long is the wait for the ceremony? Thanks!

I wore my mask the entire time, there was plexiglass between us. I was asked to sanitize my hands before handing anything over to him. 

The only 3 things he took from me were my driver's license, green card and passport. 

I scanned all of my documents and uploaded them with corresponding labels on their side, so he had access to it all, and did not asked to see anything in the folder. 

He also had my full file including the previous green card application. 

He said I'm on the list to be scheduled, typically between 30 and 60 days, I also already saw on their site that my application was recommended for approval and awaiting scheduling. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Dkell said:

My interview got cancelled today. No reason was mentioned. 

N-400 interview.JPG

Sorry to hear that, my buddy who was scheduled to interview on Feb 2nd got his canceled too, it might be related to the change of administration.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dkell said:

I hope they reschedule soon.

Good news. Congratulations on this big step in life.

Thank you, It is great news, only 12 days post interview.

For what I can gather aside from the government changes.

Please also note that USCIS offices often deschedule interviews if they have scheduled too many people for the same day. as well as other scheduling issues,  maybe the whole office is getting further and further behind so they need to delay people while they try to catch up.

So overall aside from the frustration, I would think that the reschedule should happen quickly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Sorry to hear that, my buddy who was scheduled to interview on Feb 2nd got his canceled too, it might be related to the change of administration.

Congratulations buddy!! I must say I am a little jealous lol. Hopefully I hear something soon too. My Adjudicator would have not be happy if I mentioned The Mandalorian. She was not very friendly. lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.