1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

My PD for i130 is Jan 12, 2017. I am not sure if they are giving interview dates based on the visa bulletin. Based on USCIS, the interview date on local office is based on the receipt date for AOS. Let's see what happens. The local field office for me is far behind from the receipt date that I have. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for your response.

Yes you're completely correct that interview date depends on local field office Working Date but since I've seen others getting their interview call first even though their PD is not or was not current yet and that's the reason I wanted to check with you.

It's a long wait time for me even as Seattle field office is still working on Aug 2017 cases. Looks like another 20 months before I can get a call for interview.

I've received my EAD/AP Combo Card but still working on H1b, I may get another 8-12 months on H1b once I file for extension this year.

I am wondering is it better to stay on H1b status vs staying on Advance Parole :) .

Not sure if anyone is in the same situation like me.

Thanks,

Edited by VG31

Hi everyone,

It's been a while and I hope everything is going well with you guys! I haven't paid much attention to my case status since my last post on this thread, as my PD (4/21/17) won't be current for a while. But today I just realized my combo card still haven't been approved yet (both filings were received by USCIS on June 07, 2018). The current processing time in NBC is between 4 -6 months, so my case is clearly out of normal processing time. Has anyone experienced the same? I raised a service request in January but have not heard back yet. I just tried ombudsman and sent an email to my congressman, but would be glad to try other ways if anyone has a better idea.

By the way, I actually filed for combo card and I- 485 separately - my I-485 was filed on March 7, 2018. I chose to send the forms separately because I know I will need to travel out of US for my destination wedding after sending the AOS and didn't want my AP to get denied when I'm out of US (not sure if that's true but I heard there's a possibility). I'm currently on H1B so getting back to US wasn't an issue for me, but the delayed processing time gets me worried whether my I-485 will be delayed as well.

Additionally, I received a case transfer notice for I-485 in November 2018 notifying me that the case has been transferred to the Nebraska Service Center (from National Benefits Center). I found that strange as I live in NYC, no where close to NSC. Does anyone know why it got transferred and if it has anything to do with my delayed combo card?

Thanks!

Timeline
13 hours ago, lilydenris said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while and I hope everything is going well with you guys! I haven't paid much attention to my case status since my last post on this thread, as my PD (4/21/17) won't be current for a while. But today I just realized my combo card still haven't been approved yet (both filings were received by USCIS on June 07, 2018). The current processing time in NBC is between 4 -6 months, so my case is clearly out of normal processing time. Has anyone experienced the same? I raised a service request in January but have not heard back yet. I just tried ombudsman and sent an email to my congressman, but would be glad to try other ways if anyone has a better idea.

By the way, I actually filed for combo card and I- 485 separately - my I-485 was filed on March 7, 2018. I chose to send the forms separately because I know I will need to travel out of US for my destination wedding after sending the AOS and didn't want my AP to get denied when I'm out of US (not sure if that's true but I heard there's a possibility). I'm currently on H1B so getting back to US wasn't an issue for me, but the delayed processing time gets me worried whether my I-485 will be delayed as well.

Additionally, I received a case transfer notice for I-485 in November 2018 notifying me that the case has been transferred to the Nebraska Service Center (from National Benefits Center). I found that strange as I live in NYC, no where close to NSC. Does anyone know why it got transferred and if it has anything to do with my delayed combo card?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Transferring of i-130 from one service center to NBC or Nebraska is kind of expected once you file i-485. Same happened in my case as well. NBC prepares your file which they send it to local field office for i-485 interview preparation.

As far as delay in AP/EAD is concerned, yes your processing time is outside of normal window. I guess you may want to call USCIS support center and request to speak with a senior officer if possible.

Not sure if you really can do much in this except to wait. I am sure you will get your AP/EAD card soon.

All the best.

Thanks,

3 hours ago, VG31 said:

Hi There,

Transferring of i-130 from one service center to NBC or Nebraska is kind of expected once you file i-485. Same happened in my case as well. NBC prepares your file which they send it to local field office for i-485 interview preparation.

As far as delay in AP/EAD is concerned, yes your processing time is outside of normal window. I guess you may want to call USCIS support center and request to speak with a senior officer if possible.

Not sure if you really can do much in this except to wait. I am sure you will get your AP/EAD card soon.

All the best.

Thanks,

Thank you VG31! This is good to know. I'll call USCIS after work and hopefully can get a senior officer on the phone.

Have a great weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Hope all are doing fine. Just saw the new visa bulletin and it has jumped more than a month for April 2019 -

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are authorized for issuance to all qualified applicants; and "U" means unauthorized, i.e., numbers are not authorized for issuance. (NOTE: Numbers are authorized for issuance only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the final action date listed below.)

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F1 01DEC11 01DEC11 01DEC11 08AUG97 08APR07
F2A 01MAR17 01MAR17 01MAR17 15FEB17 01MAR17
F2B 22OCT12 22OCT12 22OCT12 01DEC97 01AUG07
F3 22SEP06 22SEP06 22SEP06 08FEB96  01JUN96
F4 01JAN06 01JAN06 15JUL04 08FEB98 01JUN96

But this may not stay the same in coming months as USCIS has mentioned -

FINAL ACTION DATE MOVEMENT

Final Action Date movement in many Family-sponsored and Employment-based preference categories continues to be greater than might ordinarily be expected, and this is anticipated to continue for at least the next few months. This is a direct result of fewer applicants proceeding to final action on their cases at consular posts abroad and USCIS Offices. Once large numbers of applicants begin to have their cases brought to final action, final action date movements will necessarily slow or stop. Moreover, in some categories, final action date retrogression is a possibility if demand levels are excessive. Therefore, readers should be aware that the recent rates of final action date advances will not continue indefinitely, but it is not possible to say at present when they will end.

I hope this may continue for more months :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. Sorry for the long hiatus. I have been busy with family and work.

My latest update is that my I-130 was approved last 09/25/2018 (PD: 02/21/2017). I received an email from NVC last 11/20/2018, and we responded to inform them that we’ve filed for AOS. NVC responded the day after, telling us that they will inform us when USCIS asks for our case info. No new emails from NVC or USCIS since then. AOS status is still ‘ready to be scheduled for interview’.

Looking at the April Visa Bulletin Charts, PD is current, but I’m not sure if this means interview will be scheduled soon. Local office (San Jose, CA) seems very busy, with I-485 processing times at 10-29.5 months.

I’m back, and I’ll try my best to help answer questions.

Happy Thursday to all!

talad

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

3 minutes ago, talad said:

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well. Sorry for the long hiatus. I have been busy with family and work.

My latest update is that my I-130 was approved last 09/25/2018 (PD: 02/21/2017). I received an email from NVC last 11/20/2018, and we responded to inform them that we’ve filed for AOS. NVC responded the day after, telling us that they will inform us when USCIS asks for our case info. No new emails from NVC or USCIS since then. AOS status is still ‘ready to be scheduled for interview’.

Looking at the April Visa Bulletin Charts, PD is current, but I’m not sure if this means interview will be scheduled soon. Local office (San Jose, CA) seems very busy, with I-485 processing times at 10-29.5 months.

I’m back, and I’ll try my best to help answer questions.

Happy Thursday to all!

talad

Hey Talad,

I have exact same case as you. I did receive email from NVC a couple of months ago as well. We submitted inquire about we were filed for AOS at `AskNVC` portal. But they just response saying: 'you have to pay fees to continue the case'. 

How did you got their response for giving you heads up when USCIS ask for the case? Don't know how does USCIS deal with the case like that?

My PD(01/09/2017) will be current at April as well, I'll keep you guys updated for any update.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, markx said:

Hey Talad,

I have exact same case as you. I did receive email from NVC a couple of months ago as well. We submitted inquire about we were filed for AOS at `AskNVC` portal. But they just response saying: 'you have to pay fees to continue the case'. 

How did you got their response for giving you heads up when USCIS ask for the case? Don't know how does USCIS deal with the case like that?

My PD(01/09/2017) will be current at April as well, I'll keep you guys updated for any update.

Hi Markx,

We responded through AskNVC as well. We attached our I-485 NOA1 with our message. Maybe try sending NVC another email?

I'm actually worried about this as well, and wonder if this is affecting our interview date. What if USCIS is waiting for NVC to send them the documents, and NVC is just waiting for USCIS to ask for the documents?

If I remember correctly, @Tenreyro encountered this issue as well. Maybe we can ask for his help re: this matter?

talad

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, markx said:

Hey Talad,

Not sure how reliable this is, but I found this online http://www.visabulletin.com/nvc.html

I Am in the United States and Would Like to Adjust My Status. How Do I Do That?

When a visa is available for your petition (or if the Department of State believes that one will be available in the next several months), the NVC will send you a letter asking what you plan to do. If you respond that you plan to adjust your status, the NVC will hold your file until a USCIS office requests it. If you do not reply, after 30 days, the NVC will begin processing your petition. 

Requests for adjustment of status are processed by USCIS not by the NVC. You should contact the USCIS office nearest you for adjustment of status information.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, talad said:

Hi Markx,

We responded through AskNVC as well. We attached our I-485 NOA1 with our message. Maybe try sending NVC another email?

I'm actually worried about this as well, and wonder if this is affecting our interview date. What if USCIS is waiting for NVC to send them the documents, and NVC is just waiting for USCIS to ask for the documents?

If I remember correctly, @Tenreyro encountered this issue as well. Maybe we can ask for his help re: this matter?

talad

Nothing to worry about. It is up to the local field office to schedule an interview, depending on the availability of interview dates they have. Some local offices are faster than others. And informing NVC about AOS is out of courtesy. Once you file for AOS you are all with USCIS. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, issea said:

Nothing to worry about. It is up to the local field office to schedule an interview, depending on the availability of interview dates they have. Some local offices are faster than others. And informing NVC about AOS is out of courtesy. Once you file for AOS you are all with USCIS. 

I see. Thanks! I was really starting to get worried.

Hello! Everyone. 

I am very glad to see the April 2019 Visa Bulletin. That makes lots of people's PD current in our group. 

Does anyone know what happens afterwards? When will the green card be produces? Any ideas? @Tenreyro @Holly-ando

Many of us has interview done since last year or earlier this year. I hope good news comes soon!

I have been trying to call USCIS, but since the system has changed, I cannot find the way to get a live person to speak to me. Anybody could kindly provide solutions for that?

My timeline: 

I-130 PD :  02/01/2017

Filing I485: 03/02/2018

Interview: June/2018

EAD approved: Aug/2018

PD current: April 2018, now waiting for news.

Timeline
1 hour ago, QAF2A said:

Hello! Everyone. 

I am very glad to see the April 2019 Visa Bulletin. That makes lots of people's PD current in our group. 

Does anyone know what happens afterwards? When will the green card be produces? Any ideas? @Tenreyro @Holly-ando

Many of us has interview done since last year or earlier this year. I hope good news comes soon!

I have been trying to call USCIS, but since the system has changed, I cannot find the way to get a live person to speak to me. Anybody could kindly provide solutions for that?

My timeline: 

I-130 PD :  02/01/2017

Filing I485: 03/02/2018

Interview: June/2018

EAD approved: Aug/2018

PD current: April 2018, now waiting for news.

Hi,

My PD (Dec 2016) is current as of March 2018.

I had my AOS interview back in November 2018.

Waiting for adjudication..

Hope i get some news this month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.