redhawkeye

UK Police Certificate- Need Immigration Officer?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance, from Scotland, and I just received our NOA1 and are starting the ACRO Police certificate. At the bottom it mentions needing the case number and immigration officer information. Do we get assigned an immigration officer once we get our case number from the NVC? Is this

something we need to fill in?Capture.JPG.8dcde6132fe0ba88531cf42f353c1428.JPG

17 minutes ago, redhawkeye said:

My fiance, from Scotland, and I just received our NOA1 and are starting the ACRO Police certificate. At the bottom it mentions needing the case number and immigration officer information. Do we get assigned an immigration officer once we get our case number from the NVC? Is this

I'm from England and just recently got my ACRO Police Certificate. As I have no case number or officer yet I didn't provide that info and got the certificate no problem :) 

Are you guys applying for this online or by mail? Online may be faster and there's a box you can fill in to indicate that you haven't been assigned a case number yet. 

Edited by ALittleBritish

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ALittleBritish said:

I'm from England and just recently got my ACRO Police Certificate. As I have no case number or officer yet I didn't provide that info and got the certificate no problem :) 

Are you guys applying for this online or by mail? Online may be faster and there's a box you can fill in to indicate that you haven't been assigned a case number yet. 

That is very helpful, thank you so much! And we're going to apply online, just looking at the mail version to see what it was like. 

1 minute ago, redhawkeye said:

That is very helpful, thank you so much! And we're going to apply online, just looking at the mail version to see what it was like. 

You're welcome! All the best for the rest of your journey :) 

Edited by ALittleBritish

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, redhawkeye said:

Read the rest "This will assist with the delivery of your police certificate if you have requested it to be sent directly to the embassy/high commission."

You aren't sending to embassy, so no need filling that in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would wait a little bit before getting the PC as it has an expiration date, and since you just got your NOA1 you might risk having to get a new one if there are any delays in your journey

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I would wait a little bit before getting the PC as it has an expiration date, and since you just got your NOA1 you might risk having to get a new one if there are any delays in your journey

Oh sorry that was a typo, we just received the NOA2! But good to know that it has a expiration date. We're hoping to get the medical exam and interview done in the next 3-4 months.

Timeline

We just received our NOA2**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, redhawkeye said:

Oh sorry that was a typo, we just received the NOA2! But good to know that it has a expiration date. We're hoping to get the medical exam and interview done in the next 3-4 months.

UK police certificate is good for 1 yr.

14 hours ago, redhawkeye said:

Don't get your police certificate until a month or 2 out as there only valid for 6 months as per the medical I applied for mine just after my NOA1 and had to get a second one. They only take 2 weeks to arrive

Edited by VandL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.