3,014 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Preach it! 🙏🏼🙌🏼 i can relate so much to what you said. I suffered a lot and was humiliated before, but thank God, there is help like vawa, even if I only get the ead for the first time (have applied, yet not receive) that would not compare to what I lived before, and hope sooner I get independece. Good luck! 👍🏼 hope you sooner have news for vawa.

Good lucks to you. 

Edited by Hanna Bui

1 hour ago, Hanna Bui said:

December  2016 filled Vawa, I765, I131, I485 (Waived all fees)

January received all the package

March 2017 received 1st EAD C09  - combo CARD (1 YEAR)

January 2018 renewal EAD (fee $410)

June 2018 received EAD C31 (1YEAR)

(I had biometric, fingerprint already, in 2017)

From what i read once you get a C31 ead thats an approval....just give God praises love and Be happy the worst part is over...

29 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

From what i read once you get a C31 ead thats an approval....just give God praises love and Be happy the worst part is over...

Thanks for your responding. 

Some days before i made a call to USCIS to ask about my case, customer's service said that they sent GC to me, but until now i had only EAD by updated status online.

I made ifopass with USCIS already to enquire about my case. I have confused a lot about the reply from cumstomer's service. She persured that GC is comming 100%.

I dont beleive they sent gc to me no interview.

Edited by Hanna Bui

1 hour ago, escape said:

@staypositive and @Aburi2018 , I am also a June 2017 filer. Got my third prima facie this week without requesting.  It's again for 180 days. I don't think we can predict when our cases will be adjudicated, we can just wait.

I have to renew my i-765 in a couple months. If the i-360 approval doesn't arrive then, I will have to pay the renewal fees ($410). I applied for a fee waiver last time, and can't do the same now. Trying not to get anxious, and just save the money for the renewal. Both things not easy to do. But when I look back at my life, how horrible it was when I lived the the monster (ex-husband)... I can only thank the Lord for getting me out of there! Only greener pasture on my way now. :)

@escape I don’t think there is a fee for EAD renewal.Just ask others here to make sure.I recently filled my renewal application and my lawyer didn’t ask for a fee or required me to sign a fee waiver.Please when was your previous prima facie due to expire before you got the automatic extension?My 2nd one expires in September  and I’m wondering when I should be expecting to receive an extension.

12 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

Some days before i made a call to USCIS to ask about my case, customer's service said that they sent GC to me, but until now i had only EAD by updated status online.

I made ifopass with USCIS already to enquire about my case. I have confused a lot about the reply from cumstomer's service. She persured that GC is comming 100%.

If u had a pending I485 i heard people get GC without interview..I pray that this is one of those cases....Go back and do an info pass because the people on the phone dont really know everything ...Best of luck ...Congratulations 

8 hours ago, Aburi2018 said:

Hello @staypositive 🙏🙏🙏 hopefully we get approvals before that 180 days.I’m a June 2017 filer too.Did u apply to get a new prima facie or it was an automatic extension.Mine expires in September but on the last one I received it said i’ll Automatically get a renewal 2 months before the expiration date.

Hey @Aburi2018, when I sent my package I received my first Prima Facie a month later and since then they were always automatically renewed by USCIS. Received the 3rd PF last Monday and it is valid until Dec 28, 2018. I hope you and many others here will hear some good news about their cases soon! 

2 hours ago, escape said:

@staypositive and @Aburi2018 , I am also a June 2017 filer. Got my third prima facie this week without requesting.  It's again for 180 days. I don't think we can predict when our cases will be adjudicated, we can just wait.

I have to renew my i-765 in a couple months. If the i-360 approval doesn't arrive then, I will have to pay the renewal fees ($410). I applied for a fee waiver last time, and can't do the same now. Trying not to get anxious, and just save the money for the renewal. Both things not easy to do. But when I look back at my life, how horrible it was when I lived the the monster (ex-husband)... I can only thank the Lord for getting me out of there! Only greener pasture on my way now. :)

Hey @escape, I will have to renew my work permit soon again as well, probably next month given the long wait. If you are renewing in the same category (I am assuming this is C9 if you have a i-485 pending) then there is no fee to renew your work permit.

And yes, you're right. This journey has been extremely painful and I can still feel the impact of what happened every day, but I also value my life that I can now live peacefully so much. Besides the heartbreak and the pain, I am grateful that I got away from that cruel person in one piece and I don't want to take anything for granted. I have enough to eat, clothes to wear, a job and a roof over my head, and that's a lot to be grateful for. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, staypositive said:

Hey @escape, I will have to renew my work permit soon again as well, probably next month given the long wait. If you are renewing in the same category (I am assuming this is C9 if you have a i-485 pending) then there is no fee to renew your work permit.

And yes, you're right. This journey has been extremely painful and I can still feel the impact of what happened every day, but I also value my life that I can now live peacefully so much. Besides the heartbreak and the pain, I am grateful that I got away from that cruel person in one piece and I don't want to take anything for granted. I have enough to eat, clothes to wear, a job and a roof over my head, and that's a lot to be grateful for. 

True

@Aburi2018  @staypositive I am renewing my EAD, same c9 category. I first applied with a fee waiver last year, as I didn't have a job. But now I have a full time job and make more than 18k/yr, so I don't think I qualify for a fee waiver again... Do you know of anything different? My EAD expires in November, and I don't want to take the chance to wait for the EAD c31. If I apply for the c9 again, I can use the 180 days extension with NOA in hands.

I received my 3rd Prima Facie for 180 days one day before it's expiration. I had received an email from USCIS saying they are still processing my case, so I figured the Prima Facie renewal was coming.

3 minutes ago, escape said:

@Aburi2018  @staypositive I am renewing my EAD, same c9 category. I first applied with a fee waiver last year, as I didn't have a job. But now I have a full time job and make more than 18k/yr, so I don't think I qualify for a fee waiver again... Do you know of anything different? My EAD expires in November, and I don't want to take the chance to wait for the EAD c31. If I apply for the c9 again, I can use the 180 days extension with NOA in hands.

I received my 3rd Prima Facie for 180 days one day before it's expiration. I had received an email from USCIS saying they are still processing my case, so I figured the Prima Facie renewal was coming.

You're renewing in the same category as your current EAD, so there is no fee for the renewal. If it helps you can go to the i765 web page and open the instructions PDF and on page 16 it says: 

"Renewal EAD. If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required:

(c)(9) or (c)(16) Adjustment applicant who applied after July 30, 2007."

Hope this helps @escape

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

Did you get update on I360 application that card is being produced or under EAD application? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

Only updated on I360🤔

Me too. But how do you know that is a EAD? It didn’t come yet. Maybe it’s a green card 😀. I got update 2 days ago too. I’m waiting to see what they gonna send it to me , but one is sure. Vawa is approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.