TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Correction: Hubby received NOA1 for N-400 today he's trying to set up account but is struggling. It's asking him for his DOS id? What and where is that? Is he required to verify his id on MY USCIS what is it for?

Hi corvusheart

When setting up an online account you will need the online Access Code situated on the top right of the I-797C letter. The code looks like this = C63DE-8697-8A412) and the receipt number which is situated on the top left side of the I-797C letter which looks like this: IOE0634070345

He might also need his Alien number which is on his green card that look like this =A304 867 132

DOS id is the Department of State (DOS) Case ID which is 3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers (for example, XYZ0123456789). It is found on visas. Since your husband has already his green card I assume that the DOS id that  he is asked to provide  is just  the I-797 receipt number which is the 3 letters followed by 10 numbers. 

I hope this will help. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, badouba18 said:

Hi corvusheart

When setting up an online account you will need the online Access Code situated on the top right of the I-797C letter. The code looks like this = C63DE-8697-8A412) and the receipt number which is situated on the top left side of the I-797C letter which looks like this: IOE0634070345

He might also need his Alien number which is on his green card that look like this =A304 867 132

DOS id is the Department of State (DOS) Case ID which is 3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers (for example, XYZ0123456789). It is found on visas. Since your husband has already his green card I assume that the DOS id that  he is asked to provide  is just  the I-797 receipt number which is the 3 letters followed by 10 numbers. 

I hope this will help. Good luck.

We got it set up so we can view N-400 status and ROC status. Do we still need to verify identity? Is it required? The receipt number didn't work for DOS.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

4 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

We got it set up so we can view N-400 status and ROC status. Do we still need to verify identity? Is it required? The receipt number didn't work for DOS.

Great

If you haven't done it yet  you  will need to confirm your account. They have sent you a link to your email. You need to click on that link to be able to create a password. If you have done all of this then you are all set.

Just don't forget to add USCIS online account into your browser bookmark.

32 minutes ago, badouba18 said:

Great

If you haven't done it yet  you  will need to confirm your account. They have sent you a link to your email. You need to click on that link to be able to create a password. If you have done all of this then you are all set.

Just don't forget to add USCIS online account into your browser bookmark.

Thanks yes we've done all that. So is there no need to verify identity on the page that requests DOS number?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

I'd also like to say after we put all the case numbers in. We looked at the one from the ROC NOA1 (the one that still displays local office status). It says case received on February 26 2018 that was when the first local status status showed up before it changed to March 5th. It also says if we don't receive a notice in the mail by March 28th to make an inquiry.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Happy Friday everyone! 

Went to infopass appointment today to stamp passport and asked about massive transfer (just in case they will tell me something new). They said they have no idea what I’m talking about and looked at me like I’m talking some kind of nonsense😄 asked me couple times where did I get that info and told me not to trust forums 😄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mad rabbit said:

Happy Friday everyone! 

Went to infopass appointment today to stamp passport and asked about massive transfer (just in case they will tell me something new). They said they have no idea what I’m talking about and looked at me like I’m talking some kind of nonsense😄 asked me couple times where did I get that info and told me not to trust forums 😄

Hahaha! Sure thing, we should only trust USCIS for they always give us very accurate mis-information! :rofl:

Edited by JReed
Happy friday to you too!

9 hours ago, corvusheart said:

I'd also like to say after we put all the case numbers in. We looked at the one from the ROC NOA1 (the one that still displays local office status). It says case received on February 26 2018 that was when the first local status status showed up before it changed to March 5th. It also says if we don't receive a notice in the mail by March 28th to make an inquiry.

I am in the same situation too. I did an infopass but the officer was not very helpful. He told me that there is a huge backlog of the I-751. They are taking at least 15 months to adjudicate. We filed in the same month (February 2017), right now we are entering our 14th month. Technically we have at least 1or 2 months to hear something. Just lets hope it won't be a RFE or interview. 

Since your husband filed the N-400 chances are they will combine the two interviews in the same day. What I suggest is to book an infopass  before the extension letter expires and get his passport stamped. While in the office you can ask to the Immigration officer to check the status of your husband case. They have access to more info than us. 

20 minutes ago, badouba18 said:

I am in the same situation too. I did an infopass but the officer was not very helpful. He told me that there is a huge backlog of the I-751. They are taking at least 15 months to adjudicate. We filed in the same month (February 2017), right now we are entering our 14th month. Technically we have at least 1or 2 months to hear something. Just lets hope it won't be a RFE or interview. 

Since your husband filed the N-400 chances are they will combine the two interviews in the same day. What I suggest is to book an infopass  before the extension letter expires and get his passport stamped. While in the office you can ask to the Immigration officer to check the status of your husband case. They have access to more info than us. 

His extension letter expired on February 27th. The GC expiration anniversary is May 22nd. From what we understand the letter extends the card by one year. So it's extended till May 22nd of this year. We already scheduled infopass for April 2nd to get the stamp. I kind of hope the ROC is adjudicated before N-400 especially since Minneapolis field office is so slow. It's almost a two year wait. Plus theres a job he wants that requires 10 year card or citizenship.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

18 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

His extension letter expired on February 27th. The GC expiration anniversary is May 22nd. From what we understand the letter extends the card by one year. So it's extended till May 22nd of this year. We already scheduled infopass for April 2nd to get the stamp. I kind of hope the ROC is adjudicated before N-400 especially since Minneapolis field office is so slow. It's almost a two year wait. Plus theres a job he wants that requires 10 year card or citizenship.

That’s weird can they require a 10 year green card? I know citizenship is required for federal and national security related jobs.

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

50 minutes ago, KVE said:

That’s weird can they require a 10 year green card? I know citizenship is required for federal and national security related jobs.

It's USPS. I work there and was hoping to get my hubby in. But we found out you have to have a 10 year card or citizenship.

Edited by corvusheart
Autocorrect error

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Hello, planning to get an i-551 stamp in the next two weeks since my extension is about to expire in April(filed on February 2017 as well). Wondering how much is the fee for the stamp or if it's free, and what do we bring?

39 minutes ago, Muby said:

Hello, planning to get an i-551 stamp in the next two weeks since my extension is about to expire in April(filed on February 2017 as well). Wondering how much is the fee for the stamp or if it's free, and what do we bring?

Stamp is free. Bring extension letter, expired GC, and passport.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.