16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone received an rfe in feb and still waiting for reply? RFE was requested feb 8 and they received my response feb 21. I am just waiting for the approval hopefully. They asked for proof that we met, I sent pictures, boarding pass, passport copy with stamp, receipts that I paid for the trip and a letter that shows details how we met. Which 50% of these items they already had. Anyone going through the same or already been approved after rfe?

We received an RFE on February 21 and they acknowledged the response received on February 28.  I haven't heard anything since.  It seems like many are approved within 10 days of receipt but there are also those who have waited much longer.  I wish I had more information but it is back to a waiting game.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 11:39 AM, R and R said:

Has anyone received an rfe in feb and still waiting for reply? RFE was requested feb 8 and they received my response feb 21. I am just waiting for the approval hopefully. They asked for proof that we met, I sent pictures, boarding pass, passport copy with stamp, receipts that I paid for the trip and a letter that shows details how we met. Which 50% of these items they already had. Anyone going through the same or already been approved after rfe?

I received a RFE December 28 th , they received my evidence January 27th.  It was the same thing proof that we met before we applied a lot of the evidence they already had so I had to resubmit it in a little bit more of evidence like a few sworn statements from friends and someone that was with me when we met that was notarized. 

It is now Day 40 From them receiving my evidence and I still have heard nothing. A week and a half ago I submitted a case review and also still have heard nothing.

My NOA1 was 5-30-2017 😩

Edited by Irishdoherty

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-05-29
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-05-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-12-27  
RFE Reply(s) : 2018-01-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-03-03
NVC Received : 2018-03-15 :jest:
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2018-03-19  
NVC Left :2018-03-21  
Consulate Received :2018-03-25  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date :2018-05-23        
Interview Result :approved 

Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, John & Rose said:

We received an RFE on February 21 and they acknowledged the response received on February 28.  I haven't heard anything since.  It seems like many are approved within 10 days of receipt but there are also those who have waited much longer.  I wish I had more information but it is back to a waiting game.

I received a RFE December 28 th , they received my evidence January 27th.  It was the same thing proof that we met before we applied a lot of the evidence they already had so I had to resubmit it in a little bit more of evidence like a few sworn statements from friends and someone that was with me when we met that was notarized. 

It is now Day 40 From them receiving my evidence and I still have heard nothing. A week and a half ago I submitted a case review and also still have heard nothing.

My NOA1 was 5-30-2017 😩

K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Irishdoherty said:

I received a RFE December 28 th , they received my evidence January 27th.  It was the same thing proof that we met before we applied a lot of the evidence they already had so I had to resubmit it in a little bit more of evidence like a few sworn statements from friends and someone that was with me when we met that was notarized. 

My NOA1 was 5-30-2017 😩

Thanks for replying,  I think I'm just going to go see her.  I haven't seen her in a year and a half.  We were denied over a technicality. I used a lawyer this time and still very slow.  Noa1 July 24 rfe feb 8 rfe received feb 21 so for sure it'll be a long wait. We just have to hang in there.  

Timeline
On 3/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, R and R said:

Thanks for replying,  I think I'm just going to go see her.  I haven't seen her in a year and a half.  We were denied over a technicality. I used a lawyer this time and still very slow.  Noa1 July 24 rfe feb 8 rfe received feb 21 so for sure it'll be a long wait. We just have to hang in there.  

Just got my approval today and it was dated 3/3/2018 so it took around 35 days

K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

Just got my approval today and it was dated 3/3/2018 so it took around 35 days

Congratulations! Now you're really close now! I wish you well! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Wow. I hope I included enough evidence. I included plane tickets from both trips. Receipts for airbnb and hotels. Receipts for the plane purchases. Passport Stamps. And of course plenty of photos. For one of my trips to Japan I have my round trip tickets and her tickets for her way there included. For her return trip I had to send them a photo of the tickets however because she obviously would have had to take those tickets home with her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Wow. I hope I included enough evidence. I included plane tickets from both trips. Receipts for airbnb and hotels. Receipts for the plane purchases. Passport Stamps. And of course plenty of photos. For one of my trips to Japan I have my round trip tickets and her tickets for her way there included. For her return trip I had to send them a photo of the tickets however because she obviously would have had to take those tickets home with her.

Ahhh! It isn't about including more evidence. Recently, we found out that USCIS is asking for the same evidence people submitted with their initial file. I don't know the reason. Maybe, they lost them or trying to live up to the RFE Quota.

Edited by ChuAni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

That's funny but also painful :o

I am also one of the foolish people who did not make a copy of their original I129F which had original plane passes and documents inside. Pray for me guys that they do not lose it.

Edited by JayHouser

Timeline
11 hours ago, JayHouser said:

I think you should have enough, ghee passport stamp also shows evidence of meeting.  Pictures,  credit card and bank statements,  etc. I think you should be fine.  Hang in there. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Ahhh! It isn't about including more evidence. Recently, we found out that USCIS is asking for the same evidence people submitted with their initial file. I don't know the reason. Maybe, they lost them or trying to live up to the RFE Quota.

You,  never know.  With the whole immi thing,  one should not be surprised when they do certain things.  I guess the most important thing is we get approved.  Thanks for the info,  take care. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello @R and R

1-  I got my rfe on January 30 2018 

2-  secondly, we got to know about rfe on 6 February 2018 by mail .

3-  Then we collected all the documents whatever they have requested from us.

4- We sent back our RFE reply on 12 February 2018 and usps tracker showed us that they received on February 15 2018.

5- After waiting for few days my fiance called uscis about RFEresponse, they said they already received our case and we should wait for some days as they are reviewing the case.

6- My fiance called uscis again on MARCH 08,2017 and he spoke to tier 2 , the lady was so aggressive, my fiance argued with her about what is taking so long, then she hanged up🤷🏻‍♀️

7- All of a sudden my fiance got email on March 12,2018 that our case was being approved on March 08,2018 already.

TOTAL WEEKDAYS =15 

(FROM RFE TO NOA2)

👍🏻😍❤️🙏🏻

Thanks a lot 

hopefully my answer can help somebody to get some relief.

11 minutes ago, R and R said:

So you think I should call and ask about the case? I think as of right now it is about 18 weekdays. It does not hurt to ask. 

We had an RFE dated Feb 21.  I received notice that they received the response on Feb 28.  I called last week and again yesterday.  Both times I was told it would take up to 60 days to review the RFE response.

This morning Informed Delivery had this...

1022595810-021.jpg.38e2ff607643832ac85f0bbc564b0183.jpg

I say call them everyday but don't expect great information from them.  If this is an approval, it was dated March 8.  I was told it wasn't reviewed yet on March 12.  So our (potential) approval was 8 calendar days from receipt of the response.

Your approvals may already be in the mail even if online and phone calls don't show it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.