N123

Mumbai Interview for New Delhi Resident (Medical in Delhi or Mumbai) IR5 (Parent of US Citizen)

21 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have similar situation, my mother visa is IR5 (Parent of US Citizen) and she is based in New Delhi, but NVC has schedule her interview in MUMBAI (BOMBAY) in last week of March 2018, and now the question is can she do medical examination with an approved panel physician in New DELHI (MAX – Lajpat Nagar) or she has to visit Mumbai (Rele Clinic) for medical also.

Please advise if anyone of you have similar situation

Thanks,
N

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
34 minutes ago, N123 said:

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have similar situation, my mother visa is IR5 (Parent of US Citizen) and she is based in New Delhi, but NVC has schedule her interview in MUMBAI (BOMBAY) in last week of March 2018, and now the question is can she do medical examination with an approved panel physician in New DELHI (MAX – Lajpat Nagar) or she has to visit Mumbai (Rele Clinic) for medical also.

Thanks,
N

Hi yes applicant can undergo medical at any approved location irrespective of interview location . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, N123 said:

Hi All,

Thanks,
N

We are in the same situation. I live in Delhi and wondering if it's ok to go to Delhi Max or I have to make a trip to Mumbai. We also looking forward to some clarity on it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, N123 said:

Hi CareIsh,

Did you call the call center and ask them or did you check with Embassy? not getting any proper direction, still waiting a reply from them on my email.

Best,

N

My wife just emailed the Embassy so let's see what they gonna say. It's so hectic for us to make separate trips to Mumbai but we have no other choice than to go to Rele clinic (Mumbai)

Timeline

I called NVC and asked, Delhi no longer has an approved doctor, so we have to go to Mumbai for Biometric and physical. Approved physicians also in Gujarat, Chennai, and Hyderabad, but these are further away.  This is just one time in our lives, so we need to do it right! 

Edited by CareIsh

I called Services Center; Callers in the United States: Call +1 703 520 2239. And they said I can do Bio metric and Medical in Delhi and then can do Interview in Mumbai, I dont have to go to Mumbai for Biometric and Medical Test. Panel list of Delhi are there  https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-physicianJan-2018.pdf  

Thanks,
N

Timeline
On 07/03/2018 at 1:44 AM, N123 said:

I called Services Center; Callers in the United States: Call +1 703 520 2239. And they said I can do Bio metric and Medical in Delhi and then can do Interview in Mumbai, I dont have to go to Mumbai for Biometric and Medical Test. Panel list of Delhi are there  https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-physicianJan-2018.pdf  

Thanks,
N

Better to confirm from US Embassy in Mumbai coz we got a different answer from the ultra docs customer service. They stated that we should check with Mumbai if they will accept medical from Delhi or not. Biometrics can be done in Delhi irrespective of the interview location. Biometrics hardly takes few minutes so if we have to go to Mumbai for medical then we will prefer to get my biometrics done in Mumbai itself .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 12:14 PM, N123 said:

Thanks,
N

Hi N123, could you share whether you made the trip to Mumbai for medical? Thanks for starting this thread. 

-

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, N123 said:

No Exception, you have to do everything in Mumbai. Medical, Biometric and collection of results everything Mumbai. 

As I need to do everything in Mumbai, I made 3 trips separately. So total I booked 6 trips Flight in 3 weeks! and 3 hotel in Mumbai!

We already got the a) Biometric done in Delhi and b) Medical done in Mohali. 

US consulate interview is in the last week of this month, I guess we will find out then if it was a requirement to do Biometrics and Medicals only in Mumbai. 

-

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 11:43 AM, adidas said:

We already got the a) Biometric done in Delhi and b) Medical done in Mohali. 

US consulate interview is in the last week of this month, I guess we will find out then if it was a requirement to do Biometrics and Medicals only in Mumbai. 

Let us know if they accepted bio and medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.