TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I got that too, but this one is different, it is a case alert and change that gives you the same information, and a day later, i got a major update, that is what happened to my 400. Hopefully I will get something tomorrow, if not, the interview is only 10 days away. My man is in the hospital due to a small stroke, stressful times, hope he can recover fine, thanks for your prayers.

oh GOD, I am sorry to hear that. Is he doing okay now? You would have to take him to the interview because it's a joint interview. Let's be positive and I am sure it will work out. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, nightingalejules said:

I was beginning to think I'd never be able to Bold Green my own name! Woohoo! After the phone approval yesterday, the "my card is being processed and will be mailed to me" message showed up on the new USCIS website today (old site has no changes). Thank goodness! And to everyone else, if you're still waiting, now is apparently a good time to go up the ladder and get your representatives involved!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Approved!?  :wow::wow::wow:  Great news!  :dance::dance::dance:  So happy for you!  :dancing::dancing::dancing:

On 3/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, Name O Boy said:

Congratulations, I am very happy for you. You, AustinCanada and Zombie are among my favorite people here. You guys are very supportive. It makes me so happy to see you getting approved because I been active in this thread although I am not an august applicant, regards. 

Well, I'm still waiting, of course!  :lol:

On 3/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, nightingalejules said:

Of August filers on our tracker? It's a bit hard to say, since some of the people who asked to be put on the list haven't been back to VisaJourney in a while, and haven't updated. But there are certainly people out there in the world who haven't been approved yet, despite still being married and not filing N-400. I didn't file N-400 until last month, and it didn't have any impact on my approval (my inquiries through my Senator's office were what made them pull my file). We're still married, and I'd still be waiting if I hadn't kept writing and calling whoever would let me!

I wish I knew someone working at the USCIS Seattle office!  :rofl:

27 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

the interview is only 10 days away. My man is in the hospital due to a small stroke, stressful times, hope he can recover fine, thanks for your prayers.

In a hospital!?  :wow:  That's not good!  :cry:  I hope he recovers soon!  :(

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

oh GOD, I am sorry to hear that. Is he doing okay now? You would have to take him to the interview because it's a joint interview. Let's be positive and I am sure it will work out. 

I am afraid I can't take him to the interview because his condition is a bit critical. I will have Dr's letter ready and the proof of hospitalization. It is unfortunate, I just do not think he will recover in 10 days. I will have to prove his condition is critical which I can easily prove, and I have never gotten a 751 interview letter requiring him to go, I just can't get my man there, and I have to prove it, I think I will be ok. Tough times, and I need to stay strong and deal with the immigration at the same time. I will have pictures, Dr's letters, I really do not think they will be cruel enough to want to reschedule after I present the evidence, I need to politely inform them the seriousness of his illness, and I will be ok.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
9 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Approved!?  :wow::wow::wow:  Great news!  :dance::dance::dance:  So happy for you!  :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Well, I'm still waiting, of course!  :lol:

I wish I knew someone working at the USCIS Seattle office!  :rofl:

In a hospital!?  :wow:  That's not good!  :cry:  I hope he recovers soon!  :(

Thanks, I hope so too, I will have plan B ready if things go south with my husband. Very stressful, but I need to stay strong for him and deal with it. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I will have plan B ready if things go south with my husband. Very stressful, but I need to stay strong for him and deal with it. 

Plan B?  :(  I thought it was required for an immigration officer to interview both of you in order to approve an I-751 application?  :blink:   

Can you request them to come to the hospital so they can interview both of you there?  :(

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Plan B?  :(  I thought it was required for an immigration officer to interview both of you in order to approve an I-751 application?  :blink:   

Can you request them to come to the hospital so they can interview both of you there?  :(

My husband mental state is just out of it, drifting in and out. I have not heard of combo applications really requiring spouses to be there. If they really required Stan to be there, they would have sent me a letter. I would take Stan with me, but how am I going to take a sick man whose condition is critical to an immigration interview? USCIS will have to approve my application with all the evidence I have. My case is unprecedented unfortunately, but I am not that worried. I will have pictures of Stan being in the hospital, and Dr's letter. Tons of people get 751 approved without interviews. Why wouldn't it apply to me especially I can prove my husband is sick and critical? Combo processing is relatively new and unprecedented, and it is unfortunate my husband gets so sick at this point, but I will present a stack of evidence and show the officer my situation is sad and unfortunate, I also have a stack of additional evidence ready. Also, the 400 interview letter does not say anything about taking my husband to the interview, if he were fine, I would take him to the interview, but I am just unable to do so, I will explain it to the officer.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

My husband mental state is just out of it, drifting in and out. I have not heard of combo applications really requiring spouses to be there. If they really required Stan to be there, they would have sent me a letter. I would take Stan with me, but how am I going to take a sick man whose condition is critical to an immigration interview? USCIS will have to approve my application with all the evidence I have. My case is unprecedented unfortunately, but I am not that worried. I will have pictures of Stan being in the hospital, and Dr's letter. Tons of people get 751 approved without interviews. Why wouldn't it apply to me especially I can prove my husband is sick and critical? Combo processing is relatively new and unprecedented, and it is unfortunate my husband gets so sick at this point, but I will present a stack of evidence and show the officer my situation is sad and unfortunate, I also have a stack of additional evidence ready. Also, the 400 interview letter does not say anything about taking my husband to the interview, if he were fine, I would take him to the interview, but I am just unable to do so, I will explain it to the officer.

That is very unfortunate, indeed!  :no:  I thought you (and your attorney) were requesting an immigration officer to come to the hospital since he had to be there just in case.  But it sounds like his condition is more than just physical.  :(

Yes, USCIS approves I-751 applications without an interview.  However, if they invite you for an interview, I'm not sure if they'll just interview the applicant without the sponsor.  That seems to destroy the purpose of having an immigration interview.  But... your case is an unprecedented case that involves a medical issue.  :wacko:  I'm not sure if it'll help to contact your senator/congressperson.  Am I thinking too much?   :blink:  I hope your immigration officer understands your situation!  :(

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

That is very unfortunate, indeed!  :no:  I thought you (and your attorney) were requesting an immigration officer to come to the hospital since he had to be there just in case.  But it sounds like his condition is more than just physical.  :(

Yes, USCIS approves I-751 applications without an interview.  However, if they invite you for an interview, I'm not sure if they'll just interview the applicant without the sponsor.  That seems to destroy the purpose of having an immigration interview.  But... your case is an unprecedented case that involves a medical issue.  :wacko:  I'm not sure if it'll help to contact your senator/congressperson.  Am I thinking too much?   :blink:  I hope your immigration officer understands your situation!  :(

I talked to a tier 2 officer and explain that to him, he said I am doing the right thing, he said most officers will work with applicants with this kind of unfortunate situation. Don't forget, the interview is a 400 interview consolidated with 751, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a joint interview, some reports even show the bypassing of 751 without the interviews at the 751/400 combo, and they also did not send me a letter requiring my husband to go, all I need to do is prove it, and If my evidence is sufficient, why wouldn't the officer waive the interview requiring my husband? I think you think too much. They want to reschedule? Like in 2 months? My husband might be gone already. I will calmly explain it to the officer and hope he can use his discretion and approve my 751. Very tough times.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I talked to a tier 2 officer and explain that to him, he said I am doing the right thing, he said most officers will work with applicants with this kind of unfortunate situation. Don't forget, the interview is a 400 interview consolidated with 751, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a joint interview, some reports even show the bypassing of 751 without the interviews at the 751/400 combo, and they also did not send me a letter requiring my husband to go, all I need to do is prove it, and If my evidence is sufficient, why wouldn't the officer waive the interview requiring my husband? I think you think too much. They want to reschedule? Like in 2 months? My husband might be gone already. I will calmly explain it to the officer and hope he can use his discretion and approve my 751. Very tough times.

I hope your immigration officer understands your situation!  Most importantly, I really hope your hubby recovers soon!   :yes:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I hope your immigration officer understands your situation!  Most importantly, I really hope your hubby recovers soon!   :yes:

Thank you, it surely is tough for me, but I need to stay focused and strong and thank you for your support. I might even get a 751 approval because I got a case alert on my app that says the same as the pending status, it happened to my 400. Seems like a major update coming, i hope that is the case, if not, interview is in 10 days. We will see.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thank you, it surely is tough for me, but I need to stay focused and strong and thank you for your support. I might even get a 751 approval because I got a case alert on my app that says the same as the pending status, it happened to my 400. Seems like a major update coming, i hope that is the case, if not, interview is in 10 days. We will see.

I just Googled this.  You can read "Policy Manual - Chapter 5: Interview Guidelines".  https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartA-Chapter5.html

There may be other rare instances where it is appropriate to waive the appearance of an applicant or the petitioner due to illness or incapacitation. In all such instances, an officer must obtain supervisory approval to waive the interview. 

You may want to print out this page (Policy Manual - Chapter 5: Interview Guidelines) and bring it with you to the interview.  :idea:   Good luck!  :dancing:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

I just Googled this.  You can read "Policy Manual - Chapter 5: Interview Guidelines".  https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartA-Chapter5.html

There may be other rare instances where it is appropriate to waive the appearance of an applicant or the petitioner due to illness or incapacitation. In all such instances, an officer must obtain supervisory approval to waive the interview. 

You may want to print out this page (Policy Manual - Chapter 5: Interview Guidelines) and bring it with you to the interview.  :idea:  Good luck!  :dancing:

Hey, thank you so much, I will print out this page and take it with me. I really appreciate it. That is an excellent idea.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, nightingalejules said:

Of August filers on our tracker? It's a bit hard to say, since some of the people who asked to be put on the list haven't been back to VisaJourney in a while, and haven't updated. But there are certainly people out there in the world who haven't been approved yet, despite still being married and not filing N-400. I didn't file N-400 until last month, and it didn't have any impact on my approval (my inquiries through my Senator's office were what made them pull my file). We're still married, and I'd still be waiting if I hadn't kept writing and calling whoever would let me!

I am still pending too, although I am a N-400 filer as well.

Nevertheless, I have contacted my Senator´s office in San Francisco for my I-751 case

How long did it take to get a response from your Senator?

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.