TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, Tc123 said:

I see, Good luck to your interview! This journey is almost over:)

Yes, I am hoping this is the end of it all, so we can move to our next plan.

Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Tc123 said:

Just an update! I just checked my stutus of N-400 online, the status is still the same  “ Interview was scheduled “ but this time the date changed from May 18 to July 6! I guess they just reschedule my interview today. Hopefully I get the letter soon, will keep you updated!

You should be able to see the interview letter to tell you when your interview is before it is mailed out.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 6:52 PM, Tc123 said:

Thank you! It’s been almost 2 years and I can’t wait for this journey to be over soon:)

On 7/7/2018 at 6:52 PM, Tc123 said:

Thank you! It’s been almost 2 years and I can’t wait for this journey to be over soon:)

Awesome! you've been rescheduled! that's great .. How long did it take to get rescheduled?

6 hours ago, Californian wife said:

Awesome! you've been rescheduled! that's great .. How long did it take to get rescheduled?

So my status changed to “interview was scheduled” on May 18th then a week after I got the interview notice for June 22nd then the end of May I got a cancellation notice. My status just changed again on Jul 6 so that would be a month and a week! I guess everything takes so long now and I am still waiting for the new notice, I assume my interview would be in August. Hopefully you hear from them soon too!

Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, Tc123 said:

So my status changed to “interview was scheduled” on May 18th then a week after I got the interview notice for June 22nd then the end of May I got a cancellation notice. My status just changed again on Jul 6 so that would be a month and a week! I guess everything takes so long now and I am still waiting for the new notice, I assume my interview would be in August. Hopefully you hear from them soon too!

Thanks for sharing. You and I have very similar process and timelines. If you hear from other visa Journey members that get rescheduled please let me know!  I want to see how long it took them to be rescheduled...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

Thanks for sharing. You and I have very similar process and timelines. If you hear from other visa Journey members that get rescheduled please let me know!  I want to see how long it took them to be rescheduled...

Our original interview was April 16th, we canceled because my husband had final exam. So, they reschedule us for May 25th but May 24th at 3:00pm they called and canceled our interview. Within an hour, online was updated that they would reschedule soon. When I noticed an entire month went by. I called and requested to placed a ticket even though the lady did not really want to because according to her our N400 case is not outside of normal processing time. However, I explain that we missed two dates already and yes I am sure I751 is not approved (which is outside of normal processing time by the way - Aug 2016 we filed) is due to the pending 400. Long story short, she placed the request on June 30th and 3 days later we were scheduled. Our interview is August 16th.

Edited by 4jacques

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Our original interview was April 16th, we canceled because my husband had final exam. So, they reschedule us for May 25th, when I noticed an entire month went by. I called and placed a ticket even though the lady did not really want to because our case is not outside of normal processing time. However, I explain that we missed two dates already and yes I am sure I751 is not approved (which is outside of normal processing time by the way - Aug 2016 we filed) is due to the pending 400. Long story short, she placed the request on June 30th and 3 days later we were scheduled. Our interview is August 16th.

Do you think they cancelled your interview because the I751 was pending? or the cancellation had nothing to do with your case and it was only related to field office ( lack of resources, busy staff , rain, hurricane , etc   etc) ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Californian wife said:

Do you think they cancelled your interview because the I751 was pending? or the cancellation had nothing to do with your case and it was only related to field office ( lack of resources, busy staff , rain, hurricane , etc   etc) ?

Well, I am not sure. I am not sure what any of it is resulted from. First, I know for sure that the I751 is not approved because of the N400 because EVERYONE on this thread who filed after us were approved except for those who filed N400. Meanwhile, if it was staff related, I am in Orlando - why did they too ( I mean people from other field office) had their interview canceled. If they won't approve I751 because of N400, they need to go ahead and approve it because it is already 6 month outside of normal processing. I am just totally confused. What do you think? I think they are trying to change their policies but creating chaos for us.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Well, I am not sure. I am not sure what any of it is resulted from. First, I know for sure that the I751 is not approved because of the N400 because EVERYONE on this thread who filed after us were approved except for those who filed N400. Meanwhile, if it was staff related, I am in Orlando - why did they too ( I mean people from other field office) had their interview canceled. If they won't approve I751 because of N400, they need to go ahead and approve it because it is already 6 month outside of normal processing. I am just totally confused. What do you think? I think they are trying to change their policies but creating chaos for us.

I think I should put in a service request too. I'm in San Francisco and they have a huge backlog. I'm afraid that my case is going to get buried under thousand of  cases that are waiting to get scheduled. But at the same time I know if they're waiting for my I751 to be sent to field office then the service request won't help. When I called their customer service they advised me to wait at least 30 days from the cancellation date. I have the option to put in a service request online but not sure if I should wait or not. My I751 also was one of the only cases that didn't get approved because I had N400 pending. So frustrating to see now my N400 is getting delayed because of the I751 ! 

Edited by Californian wife

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

I think I should put in a service request too. I'm in San Francisco and they have a huge backlog. I'm afraid that my case is going to get buried under thousand of  cases that are waiting to get scheduled. But at the same time I know if they're waiting for my I751 to be sent to field office then the service request won't help. When I called their customer service they advise me to wait at least 30 days from the cancellation day. I have the option to put in a service request online but not sure if I should wait or not. My I751 also was one of the only cases that didn't get approved because I had N400. So frustrating to see now my N400 is getting delayed because of the I751 ! 

If 30 days has not pass, I would wait and called on day 31st and not one more later. Then, instead of doing the e-request online - call instead and may be they pay attention to those file by agents first before those we file ourselves. I am not sure, everything is just hoping for the best outcome.  We will find out what is up in 32 days. Are you and I the only one left on this thread, I think there are a couple of others with pending N400 and I751 still here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I think all these delays that you guys have been experiencing really have a lot to do with Trump's immigration policies(Deliberately slowing down and or stopping the legal immigration)  . According to latest NBC report, there have been over 700,000 N-400 pending cases since he took office, an 87 increase compared to when Obama took office. What makes anyone think 751/400 combo applicants won't suffer from this new administration if even the green card holders have been waiting for a long time? The new processing time for 751/400 pending cases at field offices are 2 to nearly 4 years. I am not trying to discourage you guys, but you might have to wait for a very very long time, and I really feel for you. I got approved probably because my love's passing triggered the process, as sad as it has been, it was a blessing sadly and ironically. The only way to speed it up is if you guys can afford legal fees,  you can file madamus action to force a federal judge to adjudicate if you can prove there have been unreasonable delays on your case, that will be an expensive endeavor though. Good luck and maybe until Trump is removed from office and a democratic president in the WH who will probably reverse these backlogs based on Trump's own agenda, that will probably either in 2 years or if he gets re elected  until 2024(unfortunately, it is probably likely that he might be re elected given how weak/spineless/ineffective Trump's opposition is). Hang in there. I am so grateful that I am done with this nightmare. Best of luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

The new processing time for 751/400 pending cases at field offices are 2 to nearly 4 years. 

2-4 years!!??  :wow::wow::wow:

I guess it's been almost two years since I've submitted my I-751 application!  :no:

I'm going to the Seattle office for another extension stamp next Monday!  :dead:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

2-4 years!!??  :wow::wow::wow:

I guess it's been almost two years since I've submitted my I-751 application!  :no:

I'm going to the Seattle office for another extension stamp next Monday!  :dead:

Yes, the disgrace will be they can just say you are still within the newly and arbitrarily created time line, 2 more years to go. I hope that won't be the case. Whoever is in charge of the White House does make a difference. Politics do affect immigration. I really hope you get to vote...Let me know what's going on with your infopass appointment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Yes, the disgrace will be they can just say you are still within the newly and arbitrarily created time line, 2 more years to go. I hope that won't be the case. Whoever is in charge of the White House does make a difference. Politics do affect immigration. I really hope you get to vote...Let me know what's going on with your infopass appointment.

Sadly, it looks like I've been "blocked" by Trump's border "wall" for a while...  :bonk:

I may want to ask for an 18-month extension when I'm at the Seattle office just in case it takes until 2020!  :no:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.