TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
8 hours ago, f1660114 said:

My friend's I-751 case was filed on 8/19/2016. She just had the N-40 interview earlier today at Santa Ana office and the IO did not carry out the I-751 interview concurrently. IO said that my friend had to wait until her I-751 was adjudicated before the N-400 was approved. It was different from other members' cases where the IO combined the interview for both I-751 and N-400. What is the best things my friend should do now?

Unfortunately, this sounds like what happened to my wife last November in Chicago. The officer refused to conduct the N-400 interview because the I-751 had not yet been adjudicated. In December, she had an I-751 interview, which we both attended and she passed, easy. But we're still waiting for her N-400 interview to be rescheduled.

4 hours ago, Tc123 said:

That’s really weird! Did your friend’s spouse go with him/her? But I heard another similar case from SF office too, that they didn’t interview her for N-400 because her I-751 is still pending. Did they just change the policy recently? Because I’m supposed to have the N-400 interview this month too and they sent me another letter saying that my interview had to be canceled due to unforseen circumstances!

Her spouse and two kids accompanied her to the interview. Can't do nothing but waiting now. Any advice?

1 hour ago, AK_2014 said:

Unfortunately, this sounds like what happened to my wife last November in Chicago. The officer refused to conduct the N-400 interview because the I-751 had not yet been adjudicated. In December, she had an I-751 interview, which we both attended and she passed, easy. But we're still waiting for her N-400 interview to be rescheduled.

Can you tell me what date was your wife's original N-400 interview, I-751 interview, and rescheduled N-400 interview? Thanks so much as I want to give my friend a rough idea of how long she gonna wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
20 hours ago, f1660114 said:

Can you tell me what date was your wife's original N-400 interview, I-751 interview, and rescheduled N-400 interview? Thanks so much as I want to give my friend a rough idea of how long she gonna wait.

The dates are all in my VJ timeline; just check my profile for full details (and as I mentioned, the N-400 interview has not yet been rescheduled).

12 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

The dates are all in my VJ timeline; just check my profile for full details (and as I mentioned, the N-400 interview has not yet been rescheduled).

Ohh I got it. Thank you.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, f1660114 said:

Her spouse and two kids accompanied her to the interview. Can't do nothing but waiting now. Any advice?

So she did have the N-400 interview and she passed but IO couldn’t approve her because of I-751 is still pending? or they told her to go back right away and they will reschedule her?

Hi all

So the SF office just rescheduled my interview to July and this time the interview notice is pretty clear. It shows it’s a I-751 interview and reminds to bring spouse and some updated docs e.g. tax returns, etc. and it also says your N-400 interview might be interviewed separately on the same day. So it’s pretty clear right now. Guess the SF office starts having a more unified protocol as to I-751 and N-400 joint interview, which should be a good news. The SF filers whose interview was just canceled should also receive another letter pretty soon.

4 minutes ago, kincowhe said:

Hi all

So the SF office just rescheduled my interview to July and this time the interview notice is pretty clear. It shows it’s a I-751 interview and reminds to bring spouse and some updated docs e.g. tax returns, etc. and it also says your N-400 interview might be interviewed separately on the same day. So it’s pretty clear right now. Guess the SF office starts having a more unified protocol as to I-751 and N-400 joint interview, which should be a good news. The SF filers whose interview was just canceled should also receive another letter pretty soon.

Thank you so much for the update! be cause my interview was canceled too and I’m still waiting for the new interview notice! Hopefully I get mine soon and good luck to your interview!

4 hours ago, Tc123 said:

So she did have the N-400 interview and she passed but IO couldn’t approve her because of I-751 is still pending? or they told her to go back right away and they will reschedule her?

IO handed out form N-652 stating that "you passed the test of English and U.S. history and government" and said I can't make decision because your I-751 is not adjudicated yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 6/14/2018 at 9:11 PM, kincowhe said:

Hi all

did you submit a lot of evidence with your initial package? did you get an RFE before the interview notice?

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kincowhe said:

Lots of evidence, no RFE

interesting, do u you think you got an interview because you filed for n400 also?

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

On 6/14/2018 at 11:56 PM, f1660114 said:

IO handed out form N-652 stating that "you passed the test of English and U.S. history and government" and said I can't make decision because your I-751 is not adjudicated yet.

I think this happened to a lot of people who had I-751 pending so I think in order for them to approve N-400, they had to wait until I-751 to be approved first. From what I read on VJ, a lot of people just waited a few weeks after the interview then they will get Oath ceremony notice later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.