TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Finally was sworn in yesterday and now officially an American citizen, I wish my husband were around to celebrate and witness this great victory, but I am sure his spirit is and he is watching over me and smiling. Want to thank those of you who were supportive and informative. It will be your turns eventually, please be patient and hang in there. Good luck to you all, it has been a pleasure and I won't be a stranger here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Finally was sworn in yesterday and now officially an American citizen, I wish my husband were around to celebrate and witness this great victory, but I am sure his spirit is and he is watching over me and smiling. Want to thank those of you who were supportive and informative. It will be your turns eventually, please be patient and hang in there. Good luck to you all, it has been a pleasure and I won't be a stranger here.

OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!  Very happy for you! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!  Very happy for you! 

Thank you. They were aware Stan's passing too, but they went ahead and naturalized me anyway. I am happy and sad at the same time. Stan is watching over me and smiling. You will get your turn soon too. Hang in there. Thanks for your support too.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:40 PM, Californian wife said:

CONGRATS!!!!! omg so happy for you! you were in line since Oct 6? 

Thank you! I know right...finally after almost 2 years! Yes I was in line since October 6th and I got interview letter on Thursday, my interview is the end of next month:) have you heard anything from them yet?

On 5/24/2018 at 2:33 AM, Zombie69 said:

Congrats Zombie!!!!!!!!!🎉🎊Finally!!!!!!! I’m so HAPPY for you!!!!!!! 😊I knew I was right! Haha. I will miss your post here on VJ!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Tc123 said:

Congrats Zombie!!!!!!!!!🎉🎊Finally!!!!!!! I’m so HAPPY for you!!!!!!! 😊I knew I was right! Haha. I will miss your post here on VJ!

Thank you so much, and yes, you were right!! I will continue to be supportive on this forum and help out. Thanks for your support too. 

Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, Tc123 said:

Thank you! I know right...finally after almost 2 years! Yes I was in line since October 6th and I got interview letter on Thursday, my interview is the end of next month:) have you heard anything from them yet?

NO, Nothing :( 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Tc123 said:

Maybe they go by filing date instead of in line for interview date? I’m not sure too but I filed mine on August 8 2017. When did you file yours? But I think you should get the letter soon, maybe in June?! Hopefully you hear from them soon!!

Thanks so much, my NOA is Sep 1 but I applied at end of August. I think you're right, they might go by that order... 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Californian wife said:

NO, Nothing :( 

I remember you were in Los Angels, and they scheduled your interview, but you moved out is LA, correct?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I remember you were in Los Angels, and they scheduled your interview, but you moved out is LA, correct?

I moved out of LA about 2 months after I applied. No, they never scheduled my interview, the only action on my N400 case so far has been the biometrics appt. My I751 was forwarded to NBC about three weeks ago though... 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

I moved out of LA about 2 months after I applied. No, they never scheduled my interview, the only action on my N400 case so far has been the biometrics appt. My I751 was forwarded to NBC about three weeks ago though... 

This whole 751 being transferred to NBC is more than likely a ploy. My 751 is still in Lee Summit Missouri. I got that update a week after my 751 was approved, and I have been naturalized. I hope you will hear from them soon because you applied for 400 the same time as I did. Good luck, I think your moving did complicate or divert your trajectory into another direction a bit unfortunately. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Hi All,

Last night I received a letter from the SF local office telling me that they have to cancel my interview due to unforeseen circumstances. Then I called USCIS this morning and the operator told me that the system shows the officer is still reviewing my case and not ready for interview yet. Another applicant also shared her interview experience in another website. She is also a N-400 and I-751 combo filer and local office in SF. According to her, when she went to her N-400 interview, the officer just noticed her I-751 is still pending and denied her N-400 interview and told her that her I-751 needs to be approved first before taking the N-400 interview. Then in two weeks, she received an I-751 interview notice. She and her husband went to the interview and the officer also did the N-400 interview during the I-751 interview and she got the approval recommendation for her N-400. So right now, I just need to wait again for another interview notice, which I guess might be an I-751 interview notice. Anyway, just want to share will all the SF filers and will keep you posted if there is any update. If you also receive a letter descheduling your interview, don't panic, you are not the only one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.