22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ishmitch said:

Me and my husband is married for 2 years and 3 months. We are planning to submit all the documents before the end of this month? How much money do we need to prepare for processing? And do we need to get agency to file our petition paper? 

that all depends on what it is that you are trying to file, CR1? Adjustment of status? and you can fill the papers yourself you do not need to go through an agency.

so in order for us to help with giving you a cost amount to prepare for we need more information.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ishmitch said:

Filling for cr1

last known filing fee for I-130 was $535, once it is approved and your case is sent to NVC/DOS there is AOS (affidavit of support) fee $120, and the immigration visa fee $325.00, in the spouse country they will need to pay for medical exam and all vaccinations, get police clearance certificate which may or may not come with a fee, I assume it will. pay the Green card fee at interview $220.00.

7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

last known filing fee for I-130 was $535, once it is approved and your case is sent to NVC/DOS there is AOS (affidavit of support) fee $120, and the immigration visa fee $325.00, in the spouse country they will need to pay for medical exam and all vaccinations, get police clearance certificate which may or may not come with a fee, I assume it will. pay the Green card fee at interview $220.00.

Thanks a lot 😊

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ishmitch said:

Filling for cr1

the entire process can take 12-14 months from start to finish you will need I-130 and I-130A supporting documents. if you need help in the process you can ask here and anyone can help you, but do not pay to have someone file these for you. IMO it is a waste of money.

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

the entire process can take 12-14 months from start to finish you will need I-130 and I-130A supporting documents. if you need help in the process you can ask here and anyone can help you, but do not pay to have someone file these for you. IMO it is a waste of money.

We will file dcf here in manila Philippines.   

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

are you both residing in the Philippines?

Yes... my husband is USC but he leaves here since birth. Never been in US. Buthe is a us citizen coz his dad is an us citizen and her mom is a Filipina. I think we will have problem with her domicile in us. Coz he has no papers in us except for his security number, us passport. Though my mother in law leaves in US.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ishmitch said:

Yes... my husband is USC but he leaves here since birth. Never been in US. Buthe is a us citizen coz his dad is an us citizen and her mom is a Filipina. I think we will have problem with her domicile in us. Coz he has no papers in us except for his security number, us passport. Though my mother in law leaves in US.

you will need to make sure you have a co-sponsor lined up.

You will obtain an IR-1 visa since you have been married for over 2 years. Expect roughly $1200 + travel costs + some document and/or translation fees for the process.

The USC petitioner will need to either establish US domicile before they will issue visa, or he will need to show sufficient intent to establish US domicile. Given that he has lived abroad his entire life, this will likely be looked at pretty closely.

He must present an I-864, which means he must have filed the last 3 years of federal income taxes since USCs are taxed on worldwide income. If he was not required to file for a year because he made under the income threshold, then he must provide a statement explaining why he was not required to file.

Unless you and he have sufficient assets (3x the required income level), you will require a joint sponsor to complete an I-864 and provide supporting evidence as well.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

I filed three Petitions for my wife Cresencia, her nine year old daughter Christine, and her fourteen year old son Christian Angelo in Manila, Direct Consular Filing Thursday February 22, 2018. Now we are getting ready for the interviews coming after approval. I am trying now to get school registration information to help with the Domicile requirement. I understand that we can't register the kids in school until we get there, but I will gather all the information I can, and include it with my I-864 Domicile requirement. I have lots of information, documents that Al work for the Domicile requirement, and it is just a matter of getting them together. I am part owner of two houses, have a permanent mailing address and physical address, credit cards, bank account, and I just moved my social security to my Wells Fargo Bank Account in the USA, and my sister wrote a letter confirming that she invited us to come and live with here, and that i wil maintain her yard, and lawn. I have proof that I paid local property taxes. I have not voted since I came to the Philippines, and I can't renew my driver's license online because I am past seventy years old.i think I will be okay with the Domicile requirement, and I will work on the school registration for the kids. I think I will be in good shape for the Domicile requirement, and we will be working on every think else to make our interviews strong! We worked hard and did  good job with the Petitions, and we want to do the same for the interviews so our interviews will be approved! We have a lot of work ahead of us, and we will do a good job of getting everything together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ChelMarie said:

Greetings!

Me and my husband are planning to do DCF in manila, but we don't know how to start it...is there a site where we can get a guide and all forms? Thank You so much!

Same forms as everyone else submits.  The location is the only difference

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

I know I have to have I-130...but how about my 10year old son from previous?do I need to fill up another form for him? we've been married 6yrs almost and he stayed here in the Philippines almost 7yrs with me.Thank You!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.