khadija lam

sharing your experiences about interview in casablanca morocco

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

kindly share your experience about spousal visa interview in casablanca. i ve seen a lot of  horror stories about casablanca consulate and it is a hard place to get visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

we can tell you that the Moroccan needs to be well prepared with private life of the spouse in the US

needs to know every little and big thing (former education, family, close friends, weather, job favorite color, etc)   they can ask anthing

be confident

answer quickly with short answers

do not elaborate

take it very seriously as Casa does 

have a plan for your future life in the US with spouse (work or study)

and have approval of the Moroccan family for the marriage (very important that the mother approves)

if there is a big age difference,  know how you will answer

same with religion and having children together

allah yessir

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline

chokran adil for your answer. 

there is no age difference we have the same age. and he is my cousin and we are both moroccans. 

what  kind of questions they will ask

Timeline

i got a list of questions that have been asked from an immigration lawyer 

everything from what color is her house to where did she go to college

but this is your cousin so you should be well aware of her life past and present

same age

same religion 

both certainly help

uforunately the questions are from when the person came to the US and was interviewed here while living with the person / they have not chnaged them since moving the interview to the beneficary's country

but since she is family,  you should not have many difficulties 

and your state is South Carolina which allows the marriage of 1st cousins

Timeline
17 hours ago, khadija lam said:

kindly share your experience about spousal visa interview in casablanca. i ve seen a lot of  horror stories about casablanca consulate and it is a hard place to get visa.

Khadija,

First, mbrouk alikum :) Second, let me assure you that you will have a smooth journey nshlah, and that it will end nicely. Why? Well, IMO there are no red flags at all, except and I hope I am wrong, the cousin thing might rise some cultural or religious questions/concerns. Do you have the same last name? But, look into it. No age difference, same religion and same culture put you way ahead of the rest. Just have plenty of pictures, maybe a video of the wedding and proof of multiple visits. I have a feeling the interview will be short and sweet. Please keep us updated.

Ps. The Consulate in Casablanca is not tough for nothing; It seems there are many young men marrying much older women for "Immigration" goals only, and NOT for love nor family. Salam

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
21 hours ago, iamakbar said:

My wife will be having an interview in Casablanca for her visa sometime this year. I am interested in this topic. 

Do you have age differences?

religious differences?

who is the Moroccan ?

does the moroccan family approve the relationship?

how many visits has the USC made and for how long?

Did you marry on the 1st visit?

Have you checked the poverty guidelines and have the needed income for support?

looks like your case is progressing smoothly from your timeline except for date of RFE but you are now at the NVC stage so good luck

Edited by adil-rafa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.