Wallhut

Akai House Accra Ghana Medical Appointment

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Wallhut said:

No word about the Package 3. The Package 4, as I understand it, is what you get after your interview and approval. I responded to the Package 3 receipt question on the other thread, but basically the embassy should be emailing the petitioner (and possibly the beneficiary as well) when the Package 3 is ready for pick up. The concern is that many people I know never heard anything from the embassy. It think that may have happened in the past because they mailed the Package 3 to the beneficiary's address rather than notifying them via email to come to the embassy and get it, but I'm not at all sure that's correct, and if anyone on here can verify this it will be appreciated. The NVC said my package was sent to Ghana February 26th, so if we do not hear anything by mid-April I will have to figure out the way to contact the embassy to question the status. I believe the only way to do that is via email, and I've also heard many times emails to the embassy go unanswered. I will continue hoping and praying for the best. My greatest suggestion is to remain positive and patient, keep on top of it, and do what you can to determine the status when appropriate. 

Best Wishes.

Wallace

Thanks so much for your feedback. Like you said, hopefully we hear back from the embassy within a reasonable timeframe, and if not, we’ll just wing it, I guess 😬.  We wish you all the best!

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Timeline

Greetings Wallace :

Well, all I can say is to let your fiance go to the interview. Since I posted last my email from the embassy has come. They sent the information that my fiance is going to need to complete. Everything comes in the email(all instructions on what to do next is in the attachment ) and the email will come to the petitioner.  You can forward the email to your fiance so he can print it out and carry with him on the day of the interview. But it is all about money. Very corrupt. My fiance already paid one fee for the DS 160 and schedule himself the interview that he went to but they did not allow the interview to take place. So now the embassy says he can move forward to schedule a new appointment. Here's the catch. You need theDS 160 receipt number to schedule the interview.  So because he already used the DS 160 receipt number to schedule the last interview, which was almost 300 dollars U. S. , we had to pay the same fee again in order for him to get a new receipt number to schedule a new appointment. I say let your fiance go to the interview because it seems like when my fiance went to the interview and the embassy representative looked at his information in their system and confirmed that my fiance had everything necessary to move forward the next day we received the email from the embassy that they were moving forward with his case. I believe going to the embassy helped the embassy see that he has been ready for long time because our case was sent to them January 23 2018. So now we have a new interview date which is in May. This is very far away for me because I thought I would be here for one month.  But the other catch is that some of the test for the medical expires so he will have to pay for that again also. Very devastating financially. We are already trying to manage the little we have here. Now I might have to stay a month and a half extra 🙄🤔 not sure if I can, we have placed everything in the hands of my Lord Jesus Christ! So we will see. 

Juva

Juva,

Thank you very much for this information. I saw your earlier post and as it happens it was only one day before his interview, but at least it prepared us for what to expect, and sure enough he was turned away. Only a few days later we also received the email saying he can now schedule his interview. I also tried to re-use the GT Bank receipt number in the traveldocs website to schedule a new interview but it would not accept it. I sent a message within the traveldocs website asking if he can re-use the original receipt since he did not actually have the first interview. I just wrote them yesterday and am waiting for the response.

Can you tell me if anyone told you that you must pay another GT Bank fee or did you just go ahead and do it when the prior receipt number did not work?

Also, are you not having the interview until May because that was the earliest date available on the traveldocs website to schedule it?

I hope all will finally work out well for you guys. I know you are going through a lot in this process and I pray for the best for you. Please keep us updated on how things go.

Wallace

Timeline

Hi Wallace :

We sent an email also and they responded that we had to pay again. So we paid anyway before I sent the email because the interview dates were filling so fast. But they responded 4 days ago to my fiance and said that we had to pay again. Yes, May was the earliest available this is why we went and paid because by the time they respond we did not want to take the chance of getting an interview in June. 

Edited by Juva

Thank you so much for this information. I will send my fiance the money to pay another fee, even though it does not seem like we should be required to do it since I don't recall being given any notification we had to wait for Package 3 before scheduling the interview as long as the status on the CEAC website showed READY, which it did. The traveldocs website where we actually do the scheduling, and where I asked about using the existing fee, said they would reply within two days and tomorrow will be the second day, so I hope I hear something. Whatever their response, I'm going to pay the second GT Bank fee if I have to because my love coming to me is worth more than all the money in the world.

Thank you again for keeping us updated on your progress. I will do the same. I believe love conquers all and the love I have with my fiance is stronger than the hardest steel, so I know we will be successful. I pray that is true for you and your fiance also.

Wallace

Timeline

Greetings Wallace :

Yes, the love between my fiance and I is strong and things like this has come to show us what our relationship is made of and I believe also to test our faith. I believe my fiance realize that his faith needs to be stronger because when they did not allow him to do the interview he was angry and doubtful. I prayed that very same night and asked the Lord Jesus Christ to show him who he is and the following day we got the email from the embassy. So now my fiance is showing more patience. But I know who my God is and I know He has already allowed us to succeed with this process and we are just waiting for it to manifest into this natural world. 

I will continue to keep you updated too. 

God bless you. 

Juva

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Greetings Wallace:

I pray all is well with you and your fiance.

I am happy to share that today my fiance had his interview. I couldn't stay in Ghana to wait for the interview so he went alone.  I made sure to complete and organize all his necessary documents. He said the interview took almost 30 minutes questioning him because I'm 11 years older than him and Christian but he is Muslim. They asked so many questions and the interviewer even requested that a second interviewer come in on his interview. 😄😃😀😃

They approved him!!!!!

He has to go back in a few days to pick up his visa. We are on ustraveldocs.com to track his passport. 

This was a grueling process but when Jesus says yes nobody can say no! 

Stay strong 💪! 

Sincerely,

Juva

Oh, Juva.

CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO HAPPY for you! Wow, he had a tough interview! I am 26 years older than my fiance, but when it is an older woman and younger man they are very careful from what I've read. That was QUITE an ordeal for him! He must have done well to go through all that and still be approved! This is fantastic news!

Wallace

Edited by Wallhut

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.