IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
10 minutes ago, N&Rdorcy said:

Have called there twice to get it sent to my email. What email address are you using to send that request?

support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Just checked again 7:57am and it says "Ready". Sooo elated. It only took a couple of hours to change from "In Transit to Ready". Now it really is smooth sailing. Now just gotta get that packet 3!

That’s really fast, I had mine in transit on friday night I got to ready on monday morning. I guess it is really done electronically and mine took so long because of the weekend. Well if you haven’t already email the embassy it’s definitely time!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

Have called there twice to get it sent to my email. What email address are you using to send that request?

I think I mentioned this before but calling is less effective than emailing to get packet 3. If you call them you are gonna get something like uscis usually does, altough you can call to verify they got the right email for you. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sej said:

That’s really fast, I had mine in transit on friday night I got to ready on monday morning. I guess it is really done electronically and mine took so long because of the weekend. Well if you haven’t already email the embassy it’s definitely time!!

Yes i did email them when i first saw "In Transit"

On 3/6/2018 at 11:07 PM, Dee&Claudy said:

Just checking up. I went to look at your timeline and it looks like it was never created. But anyways are you all set up and have everything ready for interview? I realised in my last post to you i did not mention needing to obtain the police certificate also. Did you do that?

Hi so far everything is going as plan... praise God 🙌 for that. Now, just waiting on the interview date while preparing all our paperwork.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mirtils24 said:

My fiancés' interview has been schedule second week of April. Anyone knows how long after the interview will they receive the visa? Also, how long after will they get all paperwork back? 

They will usually receive the passport back after a week or so if nothing goes wrong. If they keep your passport it’s usually a week but some case you can get administrative review which may take longer but I am not sure they do that for K1-visa. The short answer is a 5-10 days. And what do you mean by all the paperwork? When you get your passport back you will get the yellow envelope with it I think. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sej said:

They will usually receive the passport back after a week or so if nothing goes wrong. If they keep your passport it’s usually a week but some case you can get administrative review which may take longer but I am not sure they do that for K1-visa. The short answer is a 5-10 days. And what do you mean by all the paperwork? When you get your passport back you will get the yellow envelope with it I think. 

I think she means all the documents you have to bring with you and submit (birth cert, divorce decree etc.) . I dont think they keep them do they?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

I think she means all the documents you have to bring with you and submit (birth cert, divorce decree etc.) . I dont think they keep them do they?

No, at least not to my knowledge.  They will probably keep copies and give you the originals back. 

Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 4:52 PM, Dee&Claudy said:

What really??? I dont get it? Why cant they do anyting when they are the ones sending it? How is it that it was assigned to the dominican republic to begin with? Well if thats what the told you then i guess you will have to call the embassy. What does it say on your case tracker?

Sorry i thought i responded to this messege....so they went by his current address instead of the embassy we ask for... I called nvc had them change his address in the system and then emailed Haiti and asked them to request my case from nvc so now its in transit i have to wait in the am to call nvc to see where they sent our case...the tracker finally says in transit i just pray its going to Haiti 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Kween said:

Sorry i thought i responded to this messege....so they went by his current address instead of the embassy we ask for... I called nvc had them change his address in the system and then emailed Haiti and asked them to request my case from nvc so now its in transit i have to wait in the am to call nvc to see where they sent our case...the tracker finally says in transit i just pray its going to Haiti 

Yes you did respond lol. But yayyy at least its in transit and not at NVC. Hopefully they did what you asked and it is ready in Haiti this morning. It only took a couple of hours for mine to say from in transit to ready. Goodluck

Timeline

Just received my Packet 3 today. Just a side note please check your spam folder because it might end up there. I received notification from embassy that they sent my packet at 1pm. Not untill 4pm did i remember to check my spam folder. I ended up sending the embassy 2 more case inquiries because i couldn't find it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Just received my Packet 3 today. Just a side note please check your spam folder because it might end up there. I received notification from embassy that they sent my packet at 1pm. Not untill 4pm did i remember to check my spam folder. I ended up sending the embassy 2 more case inquiries because i couldn't find it.

That’s awesome, I still haven’t receive mine in the mail yet. So if I was waiting for it to be sent by mail I would be waiting for a while. And yes you always have to check junk mail, I always check mine since starting this process. Because my NOA1 ended up there.   All you need to do now is get the medical and police certificate done. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Sej said:

That’s awesome, I still haven’t receive mine in the mail yet. So if I was waiting for it to be sent by mail I would be waiting for a while. And yes you always have to check junk mail, I always check mine since starting this process. Because my NOA1 ended up there.   All you need to do now is get the medical and police certificate done. 

Yes just those two things is all i have left. We did schedule the medical before receiving packet 3 tho when tracker said Ready. Only worry is the date of our medical is set for the 22nd only 2 business days before date of interview.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Yes just those two things is all i have left. We did schedule the medical before receiving packet 3 tho when tracker said Ready. Only worry is the date of our medical is set for the 22nd only 2 business days before date of interview.

Well now that you have it you can always walk-in and do the medical.  I didn’t have to make an appointment we just walked in and they did everything the same day and gave of a day to come back for the result and vaccines. Although it might be different at other hospital.  But on the 22nd is not a good Idea and you have everything you need so I suggest you go or call and ask questions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.