IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dot13 said:

OMG @Kween, I'm so happy to hear from you. Finally everything is order for you. I hope you find a close interview date

Awww. Thank you. Yes we do. We have it for May 15

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Juliette2784 said:

I’m happy to see this discussion I am A February filer and Haitian my fiancé will be interviewing in Haiti . Congratulations to everyone 

Congrats to you as well 

I'm praying for us all 

9 hours ago, Kween said:

Awww. Thank you. Yes we do. We have it for May 15

I’m so  happy to see this God bless you everything is in his plan . Now you can have your wedding 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Timeline
1 hour ago, Juliette2784 said:

I’m so  happy to see this God bless you everything is in his plan . Now you can have your wedding 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Amen. But we had to change the date again. It'

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline

Happy you say, visa is approved .
NAO1 JULY 21
RFE FEB 09
RFE REPLY FEB 21
NOA2 March 05
NVC RECEIVED AND CASE CREATED MARCH 21
Left NVC MARCH 24
INTERVIEW MAY 2 "APPROVED"

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
- when was your fiancee came to the US?
- who petition for your fiancee to come to the US?
- do you know her mother?
- how did you meet?
- when did you get together?
- where are you going to stay in the US?

They only ask for the medical package, money transfer and pictures of us together.  They didn't ask for affidavit support eventhough we had it.
"To God be the glory"

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

NAO1 JULY 21
RFE FEB 09
RFE REPLY FEB 21
NOA2 March 05
Left NVC MARCH 24

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
- how did you meet?

They only ask for the medical package, money transfer and pictures of us together.  They didn't ask for affidavit support eventhough we had it.
"To God be the glory"

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎂🙏🏾

Timeline
8 hours ago, Dot13 said:

NAO1 JULY 21
RFE FEB 09
RFE REPLY FEB 21
NOA2 March 05
Left NVC MARCH 24

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
- how did you meet?

"To God be the glory"

Congratulations!!!!!🎊🎉 

23 hours ago, Dot13 said:

NAO1 JULY 21
RFE FEB 09
RFE REPLY FEB 21
NOA2 March 05
Left NVC MARCH 24

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
- how did you meet?

"To God be the glory"

23 hours ago, Dot13 said:

NAO1 JULY 21
RFE FEB 09
RFE REPLY FEB 21
NOA2 March 05
Left NVC MARCH 24

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
- how did you meet?

"To God be the glory"

In name of Jesus Congratulations to you both I pray for us to be next

Timeline
On 5/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, Dot13 said:

Hello everyone. For those of you that has traveled to see your fiance in Haiti please let me know some information that may be need during travelas well as living there for 2 weeks......My fiance was living in Dominican Republic the 2 times I went to visit him and now that he has his interview On May 15th. I am going to visit him in Haiti because it is our Anniversary as well. I hear bad things about an American traveling to Haiti. He lives in Cap Haitian. Please,any advice? What should i bring,what shouldnt I bring? How safe is it? 

I'm praying for us all 

1 hour ago, Kween said:
On 5/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, Dot13 said:

Hello everyone. For those of you that has traveled to see your fiance in Haiti please let me know some information that may be need during travelas well as living there for 2 weeks......My fiance was living in Dominican Republic the 2 times I went to visit him and now that he has his interview On May 15th. I am going to visit him in Haiti because it is our Anniversary as well. I hear bad things about an American traveling to Haiti. He lives in Cap Haitian. Please,any advice? What should i bring,what shouldnt I bring? How safe is it? 

The visa process is still revealing itself to me but this I can speak to! I live in Haiti (Port-au-Prince/Leogane).

Don't worry, enjoy your visit - seriously violent crime in Haiti is not statistically particularly bad and is mostly within the usual realms, gangs, politics, organized crime etc. Keep your eyes open and don't go waving money and electronics in the air, don't put anything valuable in your checked luggage, keep your purse closed, stick to bottled/Culligan/purified water, and other common sense business. You can fly direct to Okap and it's a much smaller, calmer airport. Still airports are where I feel most at risk (that and leaving banks and being in the posh elite/expat zones), just make sure he or a friend or family of his is picking you up (you'll need $10 exact to pay a tourist fee on entry). You can get a local sim and pop it in your US phone. I bring as much cash as I'll need as ATMs aren't ubiquitous and then change it to gourdes as needed (grocery stores are good for that if he doesn't have someone in the area to do it). I've been hearing about some protests up there but these things tend to be super localized and he should be able to get the word on the street and navigate for you. (Oh but you have to interview in Port-au-Prince at the embassy right? So if you fly to PaP same thing - make sure you have someone lined up to meet you at the airport, motos can't go in anymore so it's gotta be a car)

Every few weeks it seems like there is a small protest or some sort of activity around the embassy. I think they're generally pretty low key and peaceful but you can sign up for email alerts from the US state dept/embassy in PaP just to get a heads up (though they're a bit alarmist in my opinion). And in your benefit, they don't generally start super early in the day.

Otherwise, standard tropical packing list: bug spray, sunscreen, brimmed hat, loose clothing, a back up battery for your phone is a good idea since depending on accommodations electricity isn't guaranteed all the time. If you have a sensitive digestive system an anti-diarrhial and a broad-spectrum anti-biotic wouldn't hurt to pack but they are also available at any pharmacy here.  Anti-malarials, tetanus, dengue I think? and hepatitis and maybe more are all recommended by the state dept/cdc. Make of it what you will. My vaccines are all up to date but I don't do well with anti-malarials ... personal risk assessment.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ieb said:

The visa process is still revealing itself to me but this I can speak to! I live in Haiti (Port-au-Prince/Leogane).

Don't worry, enjoy your visit - seriously violent crime in Haiti is not statistically particularly bad and is mostly within the usual realms, gangs, politics, organized crime etc. Keep your eyes open and don't go waving money and electronics in the air, don't put anything valuable in your checked luggage, keep your purse closed, stick to bottled/Culligan/purified water, and other common sense business. You can fly direct to Okap and it's a much smaller, calmer airport. Still airports are where I feel most at risk (that and leaving banks and being in the posh elite/expat zones), just make sure he or a friend or family of his is picking you up (you'll need $10 exact to pay a tourist fee on entry). You can get a local sim and pop it in your US phone. I bring as much cash as I'll need as ATMs aren't ubiquitous and then change it to gourdes as needed (grocery stores are good for that if he doesn't have someone in the area to do it). I've been hearing about some protests up there but these things tend to be super localized and he should be able to get the word on the street and navigate for you. (Oh but you have to interview in Port-au-Prince at the embassy right? So if you fly to PaP same thing - make sure you have someone lined up to meet you at the airport, motos can't go in anymore so it's gotta be a car)

Every few weeks it seems like there is a small protest or some sort of activity around the embassy. I think they're generally pretty low key and peaceful but you can sign up for email alerts from the US state dept/embassy in PaP just to get a heads up (though they're a bit alarmist in my opinion). And in your benefit, they don't generally start super early in the day.

Otherwise, standard tropical packing list: bug spray, sunscreen, brimmed hat, loose clothing, a back up battery for your phone is a good idea since depending on accommodations electricity isn't guaranteed all the time. If you have a sensitive digestive system an anti-diarrhial and a broad-spectrum anti-biotic wouldn't hurt to pack but they are also available at any pharmacy here.  Anti-malarials, tetanus, dengue I think? and hepatitis and maybe more are all recommended by the state dept/cdc. Make of it what you will. My vaccines are all up to date but I don't do well with anti-malarials ... personal risk assessment.

thank you

I'm praying for us all 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.