IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sej said:

Hold up can I have more information about this matter? What dropbox information? Where can I find it exactly, is it in the ustraveldocs account or somewhere else?

It’s on ustraveldocs.. we kept checking the ### port status on ceac. And once it said “your passport is ready for pickup” he logged back on to ustraveldocs and he was able to print it out. Did someone choose your pickup place for you or did you do it by yourself? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sej said:

Hold up can I have more information about this matter? What dropbox information? Where can I find it exactly, is it in the ustraveldocs account or somewhere else?

This is the paper you need. Dhl will not let you pick it up without it 

F2550DDF-0B66-4547-8E6E-0509B563C4CA.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, N&Rdorcy said:

It’s on ustraveldocs.. we kept checking the ### port status on ceac. And once it said “your passport is ready for pickup” he logged back on to ustraveldocs and he was able to print it out. Did someone choose your pickup place for you or did you do it by yourself? 

Yeah I knew that we were suppose to check on ustraveldocs, I was the one who setup the account thank you for the info. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, N&Rdorcy said:

This is the paper you need. Dhl will not let you pick it up without it 

F2550DDF-0B66-4547-8E6E-0509B563C4CA.jpeg

Yeah I know that paper but I thought they stopped that for k-1 since there isn’t even an option for k1 on the list. So if they are ok with it that’s fine by me. I even went to the trouble of changing the visa type or class to K1 because as you can see it says F11 and I chose IR1.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Sej said:

Yeah I know that paper but I thought they stopped that for k-1 since there isn’t even an option for k1 on the list. So if they are ok with it that’s fine by me. I even went to the trouble of changing the visa type or class to K1 because as you can see it says F11 and I chose IR1.

He told me the people at dhl were very rude about him not having the paper lol so I guess they have added it back lol 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:44 AM, Dee&Claudy said:

First...if you haven't already, check your case status by entering your new case # here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx It will either say "AT NVC, IN TRANSIT, or READY". "READY" is the key word you are looking for which indicates that your file has been entered into the consulates database.

Second...Fill out the Ds160 form online for your fiance but DO NOT submit it. It must be signed and submitted online by your fiance in Haiti (they can go to like a cyber cafe if no access to a computer at home) Make Sure all info on form is correct then save it and give fiance application id so they can access it to submit it and print confirmation page after. https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

Third...Pay for Visa. Follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogExpress, the next day you will be able to schedule the interview (you will get email notification). Then immediately request packet 3 by email (support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com) .  

Fourth... Once you received packet 3 letter and instructions schedule medical.

As for obtaining police certificate im going to let @Sej handle this one as its the only step i havent completed (if you want to know why then you'll have to read through this thread to find out lol)

Epi thats 7... Wait for interview!!!

Question: Does the NVC need to say "READY" before you can submit the DS160, pay for the visa and book an interview? Thanks for clarifying! Update: Found it in the forums! (Thank you all). The answer is yes, right? I can do steps 2 and 3 before step 1 says READY.

Edited by PortauPrince4Love

Timeline
15 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

Question: Does the NVC need to say "READY" before you can submit the DS160, pay for the visa and book an interview? Thanks for clarifying! Update: Found it in the forums! (Thank you all). The answer is yes, right? I can do steps 2 and 3 before step 1 says READY.

The only thing you need from NVC is your case #. Once u have that proceed to the ceac website listed. You can go ahead and submit the ds160 and interview prior to it saying READY.

Edited by Dee&Claudy
Missing texts

On 4/2/2018 at 9:52 PM, N&Rdorcy said:

My fiancé picked up his passport today!! And he will be here Thursday morning. He had to print off a paper (the Dropbox information) in order to pick it up. It is from the 6 steps that you used to create the profile for dhl 

Congrats. How long from the interview to get the passport?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nissoue said:

Thank you! Well his interview was on March 20th. 13 days.. so like 9 business days. 

OK I have a question, my fiance visa will expire in September so by the time he will be at the embassy, the expiration date will be in 5 month and 1/2. He has a friend (who work at the embassy) that told him that he should be fine. I am not sure about this. Does anyone has an opinion for me? His interview is on the 26 of April? All the document that i file has that passport # on it. This is driven me crazy

Edited by Nissoue

Timeline

I got the passport today it was ready on monday night I believe everything went great all that’s left is POE. I wish everyone else the best of luck keep at it and it will happen, I’ll check daily to see if anyone has a question. 

4 hours ago, Dot13 said:

Did anyone had trouble finding interview dates? 

Some did but I am not sure if that’s still the case. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Nissoue said:

OK I have a question, my fiance visa will expire in September so by the time he will be at the embassy, the expiration date will be in 5 month and 1/2. He has a friend (who work at the embassy) that told him that he should be fine. I am not sure about this. Does anyone has an opinion for me? His interview is on the 26 of April? All the document that i file has that passport # on it. This is driven me crazy

It says at leas 6 months and the visa they give you actually will expire in 6 months of issuing date. Yes they may let it go and give him the visa but having a friend working there or not all it takes is one jerk with a bad day.  I would recommend try to renew the passport before tge interview if you lucky you might get it by them if not You can always use the old one and take the chance. And how did this not come up until now? Because if you think about it he will still need the passport even after he travels given that it cost more and a lot of hassle to renew one in the states I would think everyone would renew theirs before traveling. So you can go head and try to get it renew just in case because preparation for the unexpected is key in this process. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nissoue said:

Mine took about 8days 6business days counting the interview day. Last week was not a reliable week to predict anything since most things started closing on thurdays for the holidays. But it’s what they said at the embassy 5-10 business day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.