alvimavz

AOS Packet USPS Delivery Attempt: Action Needed

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I em experiencing a very frustrating thing right now 😭. I sent my AOS packet last feb 1 and feb 6 it says ready for pick up and now feb 11 it says Delivery attempt: Action Needed. 

I am really really worried. 

What do you think I will do guys? 

Should I call the USPS to redeliver it and waived the signature required since I think that caused the problem because it is a PO Box and no one in there to sign it when the packet arrived?

Has anybody in here have the same experienced before? 

I am really really worrid. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, alvimavz said:

I em experiencing a very frustrating thing right now 😭. I sent my AOS packet last feb 1 and feb 6 it says ready for pick up and now feb 11 it says Delivery attempt: Action Needed. 

I am really really worried. 

What do you think I will do guys? 

Should I call the USPS to redeliver it and waived the signature required since I think that caused the problem because it is a PO Box and no one in there to sign it when the packet arrived?

Has anybody in here have the same experienced before? 

I am really really worrid. 

Since they attempted on the weekend they will re attempt tomorrow.  It requires an employee to come to the PO and sign.  Signature required always delays.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Yeah it has signature required and it’s been sitting there for 5 days as ready for pick up. I am really confused if USCIS already picked it up and that USPS just didnt update it or it’s really been there and USCIS didnt pick it. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, alvimavz said:

Yeah it has signature required and it’s been sitting there for 5 days as ready for pick up. I am really confused if USCIS already picked it up and that USPS just didnt update it or it’s really been there and USCIS didnt pick it. 

They might only send someone once a week...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, 

I think USPS is having some issues. 

I sent my package on Jan 24th. Delivery was for the next Friday but it only got delivered on Jan 31st. 

I also sent with signature and to Chicago PO Box so that should not be a problem.

That being said, since then absolutely nothing! The check has not been cashed in, no sign of NOA. Quite frustrating to be in the unknown.  :(((

Anyone else in this situation... I've seen other people receive their NOA with a few days - why is this taking so long and what can we do? call? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lola B said:

Hello, 

I think USPS is having some issues. 

I sent my package on Jan 24th. Delivery was for the next Friday but it only got delivered on Jan 31st. 

I also sent with signature and to Chicago PO Box so that should not be a problem.

That being said, since then absolutely nothing! The check has not been cashed in, no sign of NOA. Quite frustrating to be in the unknown.  :(((

Anyone else in this situation... I've seen other people receive their NOA with a few days - why is this taking so long and what can we do? call? 

Your case is much better since you knew it was being delivered already at the USCIS. In my case, still “delivery attempt: action needed” status on the USPS and when I called them today they said it is still on the Post Office and still waiting for the USCIS to pick it up. How could that happen when they said everyday USCIS picks their mail at the post office. I am really confused. 😢

Sometimes also it takes 2 weeks for USCIS to send you notice that they received your case. Just wait for more frw days, it will surely come. It depends on where and who handles your case. 

Me, I think, I should just wait for the USCIS to send me notice and receipt numbers hopefully or wait for my packet to be delivered back to me. 😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, alvimavz said:

Your case is much better since you knew it was being delivered already at the USCIS. In my case, still “delivery attempt: action needed” status on the USPS and when I called them today they said it is still on the Post Office and still waiting for the USCIS to pick it up. How could that happen when they said everyday USCIS picks their mail at the post office. I am really confused. 😢

Sometimes also it takes 2 weeks for USCIS to send you notice that they received your case. Just wait for more frw days, it will surely come. It depends on where and who handles your case. 

Me, I think, I should just wait for the USCIS to send me notice and receipt numbers hopefully or wait for my packet to be delivered back to me. 😢

Yes don't give up. USPS has lots lots of issues lately... I mean apparently everyone does :((( i just hope they don't lose anything cause it was a big package!

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Having the same issue with USPS. I submitted my advance parole package to USCIS Chicago PO Box, on May 7 2018 with certified mail and no signature needed. the Post office lady said it would be delivered on May 10 2018. I tracked online and it reached Chicago USPS office on May 10 2018. but till May 15 2018 the tracking showed available for pickup. I went into my local post office (where I mailed), the lady said it might be delivered and due to volume they might have missed to scan some. but on May 18 the tracking said delivery attempt action needed. I am really worried, there is no way to track because I send my form 131 with my 485 NOA (no check). Is there anyway to track, just want to know USCIS received it all right and processing it. 

appreciate any reply.

Thanks

Anoo

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Anoo said:

Hi there,

Having the same issue with USPS. I submitted my advance parole package to USCIS Chicago PO Box, on May 7 2018 with certified mail and no signature needed. the Post office lady said it would be delivered on May 10 2018. I tracked online and it reached Chicago USPS office on May 10 2018. but till May 15 2018 the tracking showed available for pickup. I went into my local post office (where I mailed), the lady said it might be delivered and due to volume they might have missed to scan some. but on May 18 the tracking said delivery attempt action needed. I am really worried, there is no way to track because I send my form 131 with my 485 NOA (no check). Is there anyway to track, just want to know USCIS received it all right and processing it. 

appreciate any reply.

Thanks

Anoo

Did you send it "signature" required?

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Anoo said:

NO,  Just certified mail to track 

The "available for pickup" is the confusing message.  If you simply tracked the package it should go right to delivered instead of waiting for someone to come into the postal facility

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The "available for pickup" is the confusing message.  If you simply tracked the package it should go right to delivered instead of waiting for someone to come into the postal facility

Yes, It is, Earlier I sent the 485 package like this (certified mail), it was delivered to USCIS with no issues and I got the NOA too. 

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Also, Do I have schedule a re delivery attempt? or redo the application and send it again?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Anoo said:

Also, Do I have schedule a re delivery attempt? or redo the application and send it again?

I would have the uspsdo a trace

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.