Adriano1012

I-511 Card production time issue

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, 

I’ve entered the United States on 14 of October 2017 and I am still waiting for my green card to be produced. 

The status in USCIS still shows the message “immigrant fee received”. 

It’s almost 4 month now, is the status update accurate? Is it normal to wait 4 months?

I’m starting to worry a little bit, I know that

the stamped visa serves to prove my LPR status but I am wondering if their might be some something wrong. 

Interestingly the USCIS account itself shows this message: 

November 18, 2017
In Process
USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing.

Does this maybe mean that my documents have arrived by the 11/18/2017 at USCIS? 

I’m not in the US yet, is there any way how I can find out if there has been gone something wrong?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you for your help, have a nice Sunday.

Timeline
On 2/4/2018 at 8:13 PM, SusieQQQ said:

4 months is long, I’d call them to follow up.

Just called them, the waiting time was 90 minutes and they scheduled a call back .. I guess they will never call back right ?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

They always called me back... but I always called first thing in the morning, as I know that later in the day there may not be enough time to call back, and I am not sure if they carry over calls to the next day. 

Did you called them from the US or overseas? I don’t know if they call back foreign numbers ..

Timeline

I will see if I reveive a call back or no and I’ll

let you guys know. If not I will try to call them during the morning hours which is no big deal

for me due to the time difference.

I am wondering what could have been gone wrong , I mean most people receive their cards within 1 or two months and I guess if you are waiting 4 months without an update there must been an issue. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

The issue for mine was apparently the quality of the fingerprints taken at POE... not that I ever had anyone actually confirm that... I think that, if the process isn’t successful first time, it goes to the back of the line again and takes time to get to the front... highly inefficient. 120 days or 4 months is the processing time USCIS states is normal... you are just on that now... so if you get no success with the Tier 2 callback, I suggest contacting your Congressional representive 

I’ve read that quiet a few times now..that the problem where the fingerprints. Did you actually hat to provide them new fingerprints at some point ? 

1 hour ago, Adriano1012 said:

Just called them, the waiting time was 90 minutes and they scheduled a call back .. I guess they will never call back right ?

I don’t know, I would expect they will call back, I think the callback system is computerized.

i believe there’s also an online form you can use to query.

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, Adriano1012 said:

I will see if I reveive a call back or no and I’ll

let you guys know. If not I will try to call them during the morning hours which is no big deal

for me due to the time difference.

I am wondering what could have been gone wrong , I mean most people receive their cards within 1 or two months and I guess if you are waiting 4 months without an update there must been an issue. 

My card was also delayed, I never really got a reason, it seemed like something just went wrong in the production process and it was never produced but didn’t trigger any kind of error message. Once I contacted them it got sorted out pretty quickly. 

Timeline

I was writing with them via the new messenger function they implemented to the USCIS accounts and they regarding to my inquiry they wrote me the following: 

Regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Fee:

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Texas Service Center. The referral ID for this inquiry is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The Texas Service Center will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

We understand your concern over the delay in processing your Form I-551. Please note that until you receive your card, you may use the Temporary I-551 Stamp placed in your passport as proof of your Permanent Resident status. Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations states a foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp, or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa may be used as proof of employment eligibility. This stamp is only valid for the time period indicated; afterwards, you must obtain your Form I-551 or have your stamp renewed.

Anybody has an idea what’s coming next? Is this the standard message when they are trying to solve things out?

Edited by Adriano1012

No, it’s not standard, but it’s what I got when mine was delayed and it was an actually an issue at TSC. (TSC does the actual production) This should hopefully get things moving along.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
13 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

No, it’s not standard, but it’s what I got when mine was delayed and it was an actually an issue at TSC. (TSC does the actual production) This should hopefully get things moving along.

Thank you! I guess I will contact them in 15 days if I haven’t heard from the by then and I will

keep you guys up to date.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:  

I have not yet heard from them but now it says: last update: 21 February 2018 instead of 18 November 2017 so I guess they’re working on it.

Nevertheless I’ve wrote them a new message via my USCIS account , let’s see what they will respond.

Edited by Adriano1012

Timeline
On 2/25/2018 at 5:56 PM, Adriano1012 said:

Update:  

I have not yet heard from them but now it says: last update: 21 February 2018 instead of 18 November 2017 so I guess they’re working on it.

Nevertheless I’ve wrote them a new message via my USCIS account , let’s see what they will respond.

They just wrote me that further research is need regarding my inquiry and that I should receive correspondence within 90 days.. anyone else ever received this message?

Edited by Adriano1012

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.