Caetano

Need a advice on my citizenship

4 posts in this topic

I apply for my citizenship and  the application on my own ,  being in a GAY marriage with a us citizens for over 3 years, I was illegal in the USA in the period of 2002 to 2015 when I got my green card. I did all my green card paperwork (including my 610 waver.

At my interview this week in Lawrence Massachusetts, The officer asked me how did I support myself and worked If i didn't have paperwork. I said that I had a make up social security with my Brazilian Id number on it  and a fake work resident card back then, and I also told him I didn't knew any better back them cause I did not speak any English. I also told him that I use a ITIN number to file all my taxes every year since 2002, I couldn't lie because I was under oath. , Them he made me  change my application number 22 and 23 when says yes to committed a crime and had me sign.

Uscis later   email me asking for me to ask my  two employer for  my hire paperwork I 9 from 2002 when I was hired. My first employer already provide me the I 9 , but the second one are not allowed to provide me that kind documentation.  What is uscis trying to see on my I 9?? Should I send to them or not?

Ps.. I didn't mark us citizens on my I 9 from 2002.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

what you mentioned, if you claimed to be a US Citizen

because if you did, it is illegal to claim citizenship when you are not, and immigration can take your GC because you are banned for life

if you didn't claim US citizenship then there is no problem

you have to send what they requested you to

34 minutes ago, Caetano said:

I apply for my citizenship and  the application on my own ,  being in a GAY marriage with a us citizens for over 3 years, I was illegal in the USA in the period of 2002 to 2015 when I got my green card. I did all my green card paperwork (including my 610 waver.

At my interview this week in Lawrence Massachusetts, The officer asked me how did I support myself and worked If i didn't have paperwork. I said that I had a make up social security with my Brazilian Id number on it  and a fake work resident card back then, and I also told him I didn't knew any better back them cause I did not speak any English. I also told him that I use a ITIN number to file all my taxes every year since 2002, I couldn't lie because I was under oath. , Them he made me  change my application number 22 and 23 when says yes to committed a crime and had me sign.

Uscis later   email me asking for me to ask my  two employer for  my hire paperwork I 9 from 2002 when I was hired. My first employer already provide me the I 9 , but the second one are not allowed to provide me that kind documentation.  What is uscis trying to see on my I 9?? Should I send to them or not?

Here are my two cents:

You have come clean about all the misrepresentations in the past. So USCIS would investigate all those matters. Part of which might be how your former employers were convinced that you were authorized to work in the US while you were not.

I think unauthorized work would be forgiven for a US citizen's spouse. But those who hired unauthorized workers, I mean the employers, might still have trouble.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caetano said:

of course you should send them what they have requested.

seems there is a "false claim" issue, if you have ever false citizenship, you shouldn't have filed N400.

USCIS won't take "I didn't know better cuz I couldn't speak English" as a a valid argument. I cannot just go to Brazil and cannibalise people in the street and then claim "oh, I don't speak Portuguese and didn't know it was illegal to cannibalise people"  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.