8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Today while checking my case tracker I noticed my AOS case tracking # changed from fingerprint fee received to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" (dated January 31 2018). I only just had my biometrics on January 12 2018 in Chicago. I don't have an ead just yet (original filed December 13 2017) so soon I am sure it will come along. My ead tracking # still says received finger print fee.

I am wondering if anyone recently received this notice online (ready to schedule interview) and actually received an interview letter shortly after ? I have heard many say it takes month after the case tracker changes or it depends on the city etc.

Also- 

Anyone living in Chicago particularly get a letter after the tracker changed ? 

You are very fortunate to receive an interview so fast. You will get something in the mail too , a actual date & checklist, I think what happens here is that they skipped ead/ap & went straight to GC. It can happen, doesn’t happen often but it can. Lucky you, you don’t have to await actual process times . Bc if you interview for gc & most likely it will get approved what you need a ead/ap for ? It’s just for in meantime to use while your case is pending anyway. 

Its crazy I see some posts here where people say they over there process times & wait months & nothing is updated & then Chicago over here gets it done ! Congrats again & good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That status doesn't mean much, only that you most likely will have an interview at one point. From what I can remember Chicago is quite slow, so it's likely to take many months before your status updates to "interview has been scheduled".

However, no case is the same as another. We had people in the December 2016 AOS filers thread who filed around the same date as me and had the same field office as me, yet they were interviewed already in March and April while I had to wait until July.

So basically, anything can happen, but prepare for a long wait. Consider yourself lucky if you have your interview within less than a year from NOA1.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Mine has been stuck in "case ready to be scheduled for an interview" since Sep 26 2017. I don't think it means much. In my InfoPass appointment a month ago, the immigration officer told me it'll be another 1-2 months until my case is picked up by the office, i.e. being transferred from NBC to Chicago. But who knows if he's right. 

Every case is different. Your case might very well move forward faster since Chicago can be highly heterogeneous. Best of luck to you!

Aug 22 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox

Aug 23 Delivered

Aug 30 Email/text receipts of 3 

Sep 2 NOA for I-130 only

Timeline
On 2/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, AriK2000 said:

Mine has been stuck in "case ready to be scheduled for an interview" since Sep 26 2017. I don't think it means much. In my InfoPass appointment a month ago, the immigration officer told me it'll be another 1-2 months until my case is picked up by the office, i.e. being transferred from NBC to Chicago. But who knows if he's right. 

Every case is different. Your case might very well move forward faster since Chicago can be highly heterogeneous. Best of luck to you!

Thanks ! I wish it wasn't so vague but I guess it is ugh too bad ! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck to you aswell ! 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I-485, I-765 and I-131 was filed on Nov 7, 2017 and still have not heard on the EAD or Travel Documents. Today our I-485 Status was updated to your case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Not sure how long it will be before we are actually scheduled for an interview. I am based in New York City.

Could you please update if there has been any movement in your case and if you have been scheduled for an interview? 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, MrHakucha said:

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I-485, I-765 and I-131 was filed on Nov 7, 2017 and still have not heard on the EAD or Travel Documents. Today our I-485 Status was updated to your case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Not sure how long it will be before we are actually scheduled for an interview. I am based in New York City.

Could you please update if there has been any movement in your case and if you have been scheduled for an interview? 

If you follow people on this website and they update their timeline you will be notified :)

My case changed to read to schedule interview on Jan 31 and i still don't have an interview date (chicago)

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.. glad found this post.. my noa1 for aos, ead, ap was on July 12, 2018.. did my biometrics on July 30, 2018..since then, I only check our status today and saw that on August 06, 2018 our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. Case assigned at MSC (Missouri Service Center now known as National Benefits Center).. I wonder if this center is a good one.

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.