RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ajay007 said:

Hi friend it's ajay I hope you remember. In Rochester. First of all no need to worry anything serious. second this khakee envelope is not packet 4. Third this packet comes with passport and visa and the additional documents and her medical report which she submitted. So no need to panic and I don't think so us consulate will help you with this so better option is that peacefully sought out the documents and fix it properly. when I came here at the port of entry immigration officer didn't know aboutthat packet he asked me is this for me? So no need to panic deal with it peacefully. Best of luck 

Thanks Ajay. I am weary to try my luck at POE. I will have to wait to talk to embassy on Monday. I am cancelling my flight for tonight and will wait to hear from Embassy on Monday. I am in Delhi so will have to fly down there tomorrow probably. As a US citizen, I am hoping they will let me in to plead our case. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi 

Yes you can try this to call embassy and explain everything to them I hope they will do it without delay. I shared with you my experience as well in previous text. If you need any kind further information kindly text without hesitation. Best of luck. I'm sure this weekend will go really slow for you. coz you waiting for Monday. 

Timeline

Hi All,

Monday came and went and I unfortunately haven't heard back from the embassy yet. The only contact route given to me is via USTravelDocs which I did over the weekend and though I pushed them, they couldn't get a response back today. 

The only direct phone line into the embassy is for  "an immediate threat to the life or welfare of a US citizen". I want to say this impacts my welfare, but I was weary selecting that option for now. But I am getting desperate so might call in with that option tomorrow 😵

Anyone know of alternate ways to make contact to try to expedite? 

Timeline

Just wanted to close the loop on my situation.  I heard back from the Embassy and visited them early Thursday. My Fiance was all tears and told them what happened and explained we had a ticket for that night. They were kind enough to reseal our envelope in about 20 minutes ! We got real lucky (finally!) . I am now typing this from the USA where my Fiance and my daughter are spending a nice relaxing weekend. 😁

Couple of lessons for the next sucker who goes through this . These points are specific to the Mumbai embassy, but may apply elsewhere

1) "Resealing" seems be a well known service that the Mumbai Embassy provides . All the handlers outside the embassy knew about the "resealing"  .  I guess enough people must have their envelopes accidentally open or something and ofcourse there's the occasional buffoon like us. 

2)  The only way to contact the embassy was through the official email (ustraveldocs) . They responded 2 business days later and asked me to come in any business day at 730 am. Their email specifically said an appointment isn't required for resealing. 

Thanks all for your support folks. 

• 3 weeks later...

We received a post on aug 28th from US consulate Mumbai saying your K1 visa is now ready for final processing. We got our I-797 and ceac status is ready. We went ahead and filled and submitted ds-160,  paid fees, obtained pcc (police clearance) and created an account on usatraveldocs. The problem begins here. We are unable to schedule an appointment. Whatever date we select we are getting no appointments available. Please press the back button and choose and new OFC appointment date. The first step is OFC scheduling and next is interview scheduling. OFS shows availability but interview page shows this message. If anyone has faced a similar issue or has got past this issue kindly suggest what course of action we should take? The call center has so far been useless :)..

Regrads,

Nacho

Timeline
On 8/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, N400fiasco said:

Just wanted to close the loop on my situation.  I heard back from the Embassy and visited them early Thursday. My Fiance was all tears and told them what happened and explained we had a ticket for that night. They were kind enough to reseal our envelope in about 20 minutes ! We got real lucky (finally!) . I am now typing this from the USA where my Fiance and my daughter are spending a nice relaxing weekend. 😁

Couple of lessons for the next sucker who goes through this . These points are specific to the Mumbai embassy, but may apply elsewhere

1) "Resealing" seems be a well known service that the Mumbai Embassy provides . All the handlers outside the embassy knew about the "resealing"  .  I guess enough people must have their envelopes accidentally open or something and ofcourse there's the occasional buffoon like us. 

2)  The only way to contact the embassy was through the official email (ustraveldocs) . They responded 2 business days later and asked me to come in any business day at 730 am. Their email specifically said an appointment isn't required for resealing. 

Thanks all for your support folks. 

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Congrats!

2 hours ago, nacho said:

We received a post on aug 28th from US consulate Mumbai saying your K1 visa is now ready for final processing. We got our I-797 and ceac status is ready. We went ahead and filled and submitted ds-160,  paid fees, obtained pcc (police clearance) and created an account on usatraveldocs. The problem begins here. We are unable to schedule an appointment. Whatever date we select we are getting no appointments available. Please press the back button and choose and new OFC appointment date. The first step is OFC scheduling and next is interview scheduling. OFS shows availability but interview page shows this message. If anyone has faced a similar issue or has got past this issue kindly suggest what course of action we should take? The call center has so far been useless :)..

Regrads,

Nacho

Nacho, unfortunately you are just going to have to keep checking until dates open up. Don't worry, I'm certain you'll find an open one within the week

Timeline

I finally received my visa yesterday. I was given a 221g at the interview and asked to submit additional documentation along with my passport at a dropbox after 5 business days. Once I did so, it was ready for pickup 2 weeks later! 

Good luck to everyone else going through the process and feel free to ask questions.

Timeline
9 hours ago, nacho said:

Regrads,

Nacho

It's common for everyone no need to be worry. Try early morning between 8am to 8.30 most of the people got there desirable appointment in that time including me as well. best of luck. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, jangrace said:

I finally received my visa yesterday. I was given a 221g at the interview and asked to submit additional documentation along with my passport at a dropbox after 5 business days. Once I did so, it was ready for pickup 2 weeks later! 

Good luck to everyone else going through the process and feel free to ask questions.

yoohoo, congrats!

Timeline
10 hours ago, nacho said:

Regrads,

Nacho

What does it show as the earliest available date on the initial screen in USTraveldocs? Keep in mind , the OFC date has to be within 30 days of the whatever the earliest date available is , otherwise it will say no dates available on the next screen. Also , once you do grab the first available date  for an appointment, create another dummy ustraveldocs account to keep checking the earliest date available (since it wont be visible on the main account once you schedule an appointment) 

Timeline
6 hours ago, loboxja said:

Does the Mumbai embassy usually email the packet 4? Our case left the NVC on the 4th. Hoping it gets to Mumbai by the 7th as "Ready".

Not sure of others, but ours never arrived although they claimed they mailed it. We didn't need it to schedule interview and such. Just follow procedures mentioned elsewhere in the thread with next steps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks, we did get a call from the embassy that our interview is next week and they haven't received the case (NVC sent it on 9/4). Luckily they did say they will call us in 2 days and let us know if we can keep that appointment. Fingers crossed.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:14 AM, N400fiasco said:

What does it show as the earliest available date on the initial screen in USTraveldocs? Keep in mind , the OFC date has to be within 30 days of the whatever the earliest date available is , otherwise it will say no dates available on the next screen. Also , once you do grab the first available date  for an appointment, create another dummy ustraveldocs account to keep checking the earliest date available (since it wont be visible on the main account once you schedule an appointment) 

It does not show "earliest available date"..The left mid pane is empty. Thanks for the tip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.