RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

I am trying to keep myself busy by filling out the DS-160 Form.

I have 2 questions regarding it. How should be answered?

1.Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

I answered YES giving the explanation that my current case details – case id, recd date, etc.

2. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance

with U.S. law?

I answered NO giving the explanation that MEDICAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE VISA INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI, APPOINTMENT CAN BE BOOKED ONLY AFTER SUBMITTING DS-160 FORM.

Are these 2 answers correct?

Thanks for helping out.

33 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hello all,

I am trying to keep myself busy by filling out the DS-160 Form.

I have 2 questions regarding it. How should be answered?

1.Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

I answered YES giving the explanation that my current case details – case id, recd date, etc.

2. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance

with U.S. law?

I answered NO giving the explanation that MEDICAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE VISA INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI, APPOINTMENT CAN BE BOOKED ONLY AFTER SUBMITTING DS-160 FORM.

Are these 2 answers correct?

Thanks for helping out.

The answer for the first one should be No. They're asking about previous cases. 

The second should be a Yes. You're supposed to have the medical report with you when you go for the interview. Medical appointment can be booked if you've received the letter from the  consulate. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, stiggy771 said:

The answer for the first one should be No. They're asking about previous cases. 

The second should be a Yes. You're supposed to have the medical report with you when you go for the interview. Medical appointment can be booked if you've received the letter from the  consulate. 

Hi, Thanks. Did you answer the same in your DS--160? 

How was your interview today?

2 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi, Thanks. Did you answer the same in your DS--160? 

How was your interview today?

I did. The interview went well. I thought it would be tough but it barely took 8 minutes for me. 

I was just too worried right before they called me, because i could see a lot of them being questioned for more than 15 minutes. But it all worked out well. 

Just keep telling yourself that you have a solid case. That helped me. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, ajay007 said:

Your first answer is wrong and second is correct. best of luck for your interview. 

Okay, thanks so you mean that the current petition is not to be included in your DS-160 form and since you have your medical you should answer yes for Q.2?

Timeline

If didn't apply before us visa then answer is no in first question and second question if you medical is pending but you will bring with you at the time of interview so say yes. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ajay007 said:

Maximum 5 working days for delivery by blue dart 3 working days for pick up.

56 minutes ago, stiggy771 said:

Got it. Thanks a lot

Be aware, though, that it *could* take more than 5 days to get your passport--maybe even a few weeks. There have been K1s approved at Mumbai that took longer than that to reach the applicant, for example due to additional processing. I think there was one just recently, and I know VJ user SatinderSabiee went through that back in February. If you're asking so you can plan flights to the US, for example, it's always recommended on VJ to wait until you have the visa in your hands.

Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, stiggy771 said:

I did. The interview went well. I thought it would be tough but it barely took 8 minutes for me. 

I was just too worried right before they called me, because i could see a lot of them being questioned for more than 15 minutes. But it all worked out well. 

Just keep telling yourself that you have a solid case. That helped me. 

Hey Stiggy

Mind sharing your experience at the Mumbai VAC and consulate? I have my interviews in 2 weeks and any information would be helpful. For e.g. I will be flying in on the morning of the VAC date, so would I  be allowed in for the biometric interview with my luggage or am I only allowed to carry my documents? I need to know whether I'd have to fly in  much earlier in order to drop off my luggage in the room I'd be booking. 

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, jangrace said:

Hey Stiggy

Mind sharing your experience at the Mumbai VAC and consulate? I have my interviews in 2 weeks and any information would be helpful. For e.g. I will be flying in on the morning of the VAC date, so would I  be allowed in for the biometric interview with my luggage or am I only allowed to carry my documents? I need to know whether I'd have to fly in  much earlier in order to drop off my luggage in the room I'd be booking. 

Thanks in advance.

I have written a review about my interview in my profile. 

For the VAC too, no lockers are given, and phones, bags etc arent allowed. There are some lockers nearby the VAC which isn't run by the VAC, but by private entities, where you can keep your phones, smaller  backpacks etc, but I'm not sure if you can get to keep your luggage there.  only your documents and wallet and an umbrella (if you have it since it rains almost everyday here in Mumbai ) is allowed inside. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, stiggy771 said:

I have written a review about my interview in my profile. 

For the VAC too, no lockers are given, and phones, bags etc arent allowed. There are some lockers nearby the VAC which isn't run by the VAC, but by private entities, where you can keep your phones, smaller  backpacks etc, but I'm not sure if you can get to keep your luggage there.  only your documents and wallet and an umbrella (if you have it since it rains almost everyday here in Mumbai ) is allowed inside. 

Thanks for the info and the detailed inteview info. very helpful. I hope you receive your visa in hand soon. Keep us posted! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All, 

We had our interview this Friday and am happy to report we were approved!  We have had a baby while waiting for my citizenship and our K1 (its been a LONG wait) The questions focused on why we choose not to get married in India even when we had a kid here. My fiance was prepared for all the questions and handled them, a bit too well infact as the consular officer noted that she seemed a little too confident!  She maintained her confidence and got an approval. Am SO relieved. 

I as the petitioner had flown down to accompany my fiance for the interview, but was not allowed to speak with the consular officer at all. He quickly dismissed me as soon as I approached the window with my fiance. Luckily my fiance handled the questions well. 

A big THANKS to all of you here for supporting us through out this process. 

Question for anyone who tracked status thru the CEAC website immediately after inteview, our status now says "Administrative processing" . I assume this is standard as the passport is with the embassy?

Cheers all. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.