RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, jangrace said:

I got the medical done at the Apollo Personalized Health Check hospital in Chennai.

1) A nurse withdrew a vial of blood.

2) She provided me a cup and directed me to the restroom to fill it with a urine sample.

3) I was then taken into an exam room for a prelim exam wherein a nurse checked my height, weight and bmi. Since I wear prescription glasses, I was asked to read off a sheet hung on the wall with & without my glasses on, with one eye covered each time. She also did some really ridiculous hearing test where she'd whisper ans ask me to repeat what I had heard.

4) I had a chest x-ray done after waitng for 20-30 minutes

5) Met the the panel physician who filled out a sheet with all the vaccination history I provided her. Although I've had chickenpox and tetanus shots before I didnt have documentary evidence. I opted to get a flu shot and a tetanus shot. She explained that I would have to get the chickenpox shot once I reached the US as it would be required when applying for AOS etc.She also asked about my medical history and whether I had been hospitalized. 

She then asked me to strip down to my underwear and wear the hospital gown and lie down on the bed. Asked me to take deep breaths, checked whether diff parts hurt etc. And that was it.

She stated that if something was wrong I'd get a call.before 1pm the next day. Else, I could pick up the results between 4-5pm tomorrow. She asked to go back to the main counter and wait to be called for the vaccinations.

6) Waited about 15 minutes, paid for the vaccinations, waited a lilore and finally got called into a room where both were promptly administered. I was finally done.

The entire thing took about 3-4 hours.

Went back the next day around 3:30pm, and had my sealed report in hand by 3:55pm. 

Hope this helps. Keep in mind that each physician's approach can vary.

Oh wow,  that was such a fantastic review !!!  So much in detail.

Thanks so much. I will get it done in Mumbai ,how much did it cost you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,  this is my first time posting here. My fiance's file (k1 visa) is ready at the Mumbai consulate.

When we emailed the US embassy in Mumbai, India, requesting packet 4, this is what they sent us. 

Thank you for your email requesting a packet 4 to be sent to you. 
We are in the process of reviewing your case file, and it may take a couple of weeks before we complete the process. A notification with further instructions will be sent to you. 
We hope you find this information useful. 
Sincerely, 
Consular Information Unit 
U.S. Consulate General Mumbai

Now I am confused why it can take several weeks and if we can schedule the interview before they send us packet 4 and if we can do the medical before they send us packet 4. because to schedule medical they want an interview letter and I wonder if that is part of packet 4 or that's the confirmation page we get when we schedule interview. Anyone know how this works? Thank you. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ann and Meet said:

Hello everyone,  this is my first time posting here. My fiance's file (k1 visa) is ready at the Mumbai consulate.

When we emailed the US embassy in Mumbai, India, requesting packet 4, this is what they sent us. 

Thank you for your email requesting a packet 4 to be sent to you. 
We are in the process of reviewing your case file, and it may take a couple of weeks before we complete the process. A notification with further instructions will be sent to you. 
We hope you find this information useful. 
Sincerely, 
Consular Information Unit 
U.S. Consulate General Mumbai

Now I am confused why it can take several weeks and if we can schedule the interview before they send us packet 4 and if we can do the medical before they send us packet 4. because to schedule medical they want an interview letter and I wonder if that is part of packet 4 or that's the confirmation page we get when we schedule interview. Anyone know how this works? Thank you. 

If the status says ‘Ready’ at the CEAC website, I’d suggest you go ahead and book the medical, gather all documentation and book your biometric and consular intervieww. You can show them your ds160 confirmation, interview appointment confirmation and the email with the letter you received from the NVC about your case being transferred to the consulate. That should suffice. You’d be wasting time by waiting. Also, just so you’re aware, the clock starts ticking once your medical is complete. You only have 6 months as of the medical exam date to reach the US, which tbh is plenty. Im sure there are exceptions to this, which you would have to check with the embassy on.

Timeline
Just now, jangrace said:

If the status says ‘Ready’ at the CEAC website, I’d suggest you go ahead and book the medical, gather all documentation and book your biometric and consular intervieww. You can show them your ds160 confirmation, interview appointment confirmation and the email with the letter you received from the NVC about your case being transferred to the consulate. That should suffice. You’d be wasting time by waiting. Also, just so you’re aware, the clock starts ticking once your medical is complete. You only have 6 months as of the medical exam date to reach the US, which tbh is plenty. Im sure there are exceptions to this, which you would have to check with the embassy on.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your response. We will go ahead and schedule each. Thank you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, A_R said:

Oh wow,  that was such a fantastic review !!!  So much in detail.

Thanks so much. I will get it done in Mumbai ,how much did it cost you?

The medical exam was around 14k and it was an additional 2k for the vaccinations I had to purchase. 

Timeline

Hello everyone, I made the appointment for both OFC and interview. I realized we could do the OFC in Delhi and thought about changing that appointment. But, I wanted to clarify something before I did that. When you guys say we can only change 4 times, does that mean 4 times for both OFC and Interview or it counts as two changes when you change both OFC an interview at one time, even if you don't change the OFC. if I am making sense. Or overall, each time we make a change either to OFC or interview, each attempt counts as one and we can do this only 4 times, meaning each time we get that confirmation is that one count or it counts as 2 one for OFC and one for the interview. I hope it is making sense as to what I am asking. Also, I was trying to see if earlier appointments were available for the interview, so I kept clicking on reschedule appointment and would change the OFC to go to the interview selection page but there were no dates available each time. Now the page where we choose the OFC appointment says you have reached the attempt limit almost and this time make your transaction. What does this mean? Will they block my ID now or what happens? Thank you for your help in advance. 

Timeline

Hi 

You no need to worry about blocked your ID.it's temporary for max 2 days and you asked about how many times you can reschedule answer is yes you can do for 4 times and fifth attempt is final and yes you can book appointment in Delhi for biometric  (OFC ) but I suggest you should book your appointment in Mumbai a day or two before your interview so they can get your biometric data right way. Other easy way to book appointment is wheneveryou see slots is available call us visa help desk which is in Delhi and Hyderabad they will book for you slots can open anytime coz some applicant cancel there appointment when times near and you ask about reschedule appointment if you see dates available according to your choice just book it previous appointment will automatically cancelled in the system and everytime you will receive email for appointment confirmation. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, ajay007 said:

Hi 

You no need to worry about blocked your ID.it's temporary for max 2 days and you asked about how many times you can reschedule answer is yes you can do for 4 times and fifth attempt is final and yes you can book appointment in Delhi for biometric  (OFC ) but I suggest you should book your appointment in Mumbai a day or two before your interview so they can get your biometric data right way. Other easy way to book appointment is wheneveryou see slots is available call us visa help desk which is in Delhi and Hyderabad they will book for you slots can open anytime coz some applicant cancel there appointment when times near and you ask about reschedule appointment if you see dates available according to your choice just book it previous appointment will automatically cancelled in the system and everytime you will receive email for appointment confirmation. 

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I was so worried about getting a date as early as possible, I didn't even think where I was scheduling the OFC and ended up getting the OFC like 1 month before the actual interview appointment. Thank you again. 

Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, jangrace said:

The medical exam was around 14k and it was an additional 2k for the vaccinations I had to purchase. 

Hi, What vaccination records did you take - did you have your record for Hepatitis B, Oral Polio and Rotavirus ?

I am specifically asking for these as these all are put when you are an infant within  18 months of your DOB, I have got these but but have zero record or any documents proving I got them done.

Rest all vaccinations I  got done in the last 6 months.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi, What vaccination records did you take - did you have your record for Hepatitis B, Oral Polio and Rotavirus ?

I am specifically asking for these as these all are put when you are an infant within  18 months of your DOB, I have got these but but have zero record or any documents proving I got them done.

I had parts of my vaccination records including those for my first 5-6 years. I had my records for oral polio. But nothing for Hep B or Rotavirus. I didn't have documentation for Chickenpox and Tetanus, but only got the tetanus one at the hospital. I intend to get the Varicella one for Chickenpox once I arrive in the US. The doctor never mentioned anything about getting Hep B or rotavirus vaccines. It might vary from case to case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A_R said:

Anyone else who has already completed medical  please advice.

Timeline
Just now, stiggy771 said:

I think without a record they're just going to ask you to retake the vaccine. Maybe you could get it in writing from a different doctor about the vaccines that were given. 

The problem is Polio, Rotavirus and Hep B are given only n only when you are an infant. They can't be given now. The only thing I can do is to try n get it in writing from a doctor if he agrees.

1 minute ago, A_R said:

The problem is Polio, Rotavirus and Hep B are given only n only when you are an infant. They can't be given now. The only thing I can do is to try n get it in writing from a doctor if he agrees.

Yup that's the only workaround. I had to take MMR shots for my F1 visa back in 2014, and the doctor that gave it to me just wrote a slip saying it was administered on the mentioned date. For my medical at Rele Clinic Mumbai, I just showed them this slip and it was ok. I didn't have to take it again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.