RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, stiggy771 said:

Thanks for the reply.... I did look into the consulate reviews specific for Mumbai and this was one question that kept coming up. I'll just have to search a lot more before my interview. 

I'll fill my timeline asap. 

One other piece of advice which we talk about a lot here: be honest. There is no one "right" answer for every question a CO could possibly ask. So just answer honestly and explain what is true in your situation.

5 hours ago, Amit&Julie said:

One other piece of advice which we talk about a lot here: be honest. There is no one "right" answer for every question a CO could possibly ask. So just answer honestly and explain what is true in your situation.

That's just about the best advice that's been posted here. 

India-based COs tend to be wary of stock answers to their Qs, and it's best to be honest about your specific situation. India K-1s do get tricky, and word out there is COs view K-1s are being used as a shortcut to sidestep the wait associated with the CR-1. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi ,

On the affidavit of support I-134 Form

on part 3 question 38 what should e checked -  "I intend" or “I do not intend” and why? Kindly advise who have already had their interview.

Timeline

Hi all

Just wanted to let everyone else waiting to reschedule know that I'm in the same boat. Keep getting locked out because after selecting an OFC date, there appear to be 0 dates available for the consular interview. Luckily, I was able to snag dates the first time I logged in, but they're a month apart. OFC on Aug 3, consular on Sep 7. Really hoping I am able to reschedule both back-to-back in Aug.  Also, never received a packet from the Mumbai embassy, but went ahead and completed the DS-160 and booked a medical appointment.

I wonder if it's going to be a problem that I have booked my medical exam in late July? I hear it's valid for 6 months, but will it affect my changes at the interview?

20 hours ago, jangrace said:

Hi all

Just wanted to let everyone else waiting to reschedule know that I'm in the same boat. Keep getting locked out because after selecting an OFC date, there appear to be 0 dates available for the consular interview. Luckily, I was able to snag dates the first time I logged in, but they're a month apart. OFC on Aug 3, consular on Sep 7. Really hoping I am able to reschedule both back-to-back in Aug.  Also, never received a packet from the Mumbai embassy, but went ahead and completed the DS-160 and booked a medical appointment.

I wonder if it's going to be a problem that I have booked my medical exam in late July? I hear it's valid for 6 months, but will it affect my changes at the interview?

There are 3 slots available for July 27th right now

Timeline
1 hour ago, stiggy771 said:

Thanks stiggy.I see that the entire month of July has opened up for the Mumbai VAC. However, when I continue onto the consular appointment page, nothing is available :(. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a day or two and check again

6 minutes ago, jangrace said:

Thanks stiggy.I see that the entire month of July has opened up for the Mumbai VAC. However, when I continue onto the consular appointment page, nothing is available :(. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a day or two and check again

I just checked again. If you choose a data OFC date thats before July 27th, you can still see the open slot for 27th when you go to the next page for Consular interview.  But yeah, no other dates are avaialble

Timeline
5 minutes ago, stiggy771 said:

I just checked again. If you choose a data OFC date thats before July 27th, you can still see the open slot for 27th when you go to the next page for Consular interview.  But yeah, no other dates are avaialble

Yeah, my best bet is to wait. Also, I am hesitant to schedule the interviews in July because my fiance (sponsor) has yet to receive her original package back or any communication that she needs to send me an affidavit of support if applicable etc. We both simply received e-mail notifications that the case is being forwarded to the Embassy. Isn't she supposed to receive something else from USCIS or NVC? Or is it OK for her to send me copies of her original petition, I-134 and supporting documentation before she hears from them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, jangrace said:

Yeah, my best bet is to wait. Also, I am hesitant to schedule the interviews in July because my fiance (sponsor) has yet to receive her original package back or any communication that she needs to send me an affidavit of support if applicable etc. We both simply received e-mail notifications that the case is being forwarded to the Embassy. Isn't she supposed to receive something else from USCIS or NVC? Or is it OK for her to send me copies of her original petition, I-134 and supporting documentation before she hears from them?

I think she can send the I-134 and supporting docs right now. I don't see a point in waiting . When  did status change to ready? 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Timeline
5 hours ago, stiggy771 said:

Thanks so much! I snagged one of these. Will be able to see my Fiance a week sooner thanks to you! 

BTW  My CEAC status went to ready on June 28. I am assuming  I will hear from the embassy by that time .Otherwise will just email ustraveldocs in a week or so.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, jangrace said:

For anyone interested, I just found an OFC slot for Jul 25 and a consular one for Jul27 available.

I can't book them myself because I am yet to get my PCC's :( 

My Fiance got her PCC the same day . Do you need to get  PCCs from countries other than India? 

1 minute ago, N400fiasco said:

My Fiance got her PCC the same day . Do you need to get  PCCs from countries other than India? 

I had to wait a good 45 days to get my pcc from Japan. It does state that we need to provide the pcc from every country the beneficiary has lived for more than 6 months after turning 16. 

Few of the interview reviews  do mention it, that the CO asked for the non indian pcc too during the interviewing process. 

7 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

Thanks so much! I snagged one of these. Will be able to see my Fiance a week sooner thanks to you! 

BTW  My CEAC status went to ready on June 28. I am assuming  I will hear from the embassy by that time .Otherwise will just email ustraveldocs in a week or so.  

Glad i could help. I can imagine the long wait for people since they changed the immigrant visa interviewing location to only Mumbai. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

My status changed to ready at about the time as your fiance's, around June 28.

I am waiting on my PCC from Kuwait as I lived there until I was 17. As for the Indian PCC, have to go back to the PSK tomorrow as I was missing some information on my address proof document. I expect it to take 2 weeks because I haven't lived at my current address for longer than 6 months. I will probably have to wait for a cop to visit me in-person to verify. I'm certain he'll ask for a little "donation" haha

Should I proceed with the medical as well? It's valid for 6 months, and I'll fly out a few weeks after approval anyway. What do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.