DollyDolly

I- 134 - signature

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
55 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Ok I'm wondering why everyone keeps referring to the embassy in London? It's USCIS that makes the rules for form i-134(affidavit of support). They have standard rules. Just follow those. That's what the embassy needs to do too. Every case is different and every person is different (this also applies to the people working at the embassy). They CAN ask for copies of what you've submitted. Doesn't mean they will. Copies are fine! They don't want originals. And no this doesn't just apply for the embassy I went to. Everyone that filed ad the same time as me form all over the world had almost the same experience. Could it be they changed some stuff this year? Sure they always do. Just be prepared. 

USCIS do not 'make the rules'. It is the Department of State. They are different bodies.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Ok I'm wondering why everyone keeps referring to the embassy in London? It's USCIS that makes the rules for form i-134(affidavit of support). They have standard rules. Just follow those. That's what the embassy needs to do too. Every case is different and every person is different (this also applies to the people working at the embassy). They CAN ask for copies of what you've submitted. Doesn't mean they will. Copies are fine! They don't want originals. And no this doesn't just apply for the embassy I went to. Everyone that filed ad the same time as me form all over the world had almost the same experience. Could it be they changed some stuff this year? Sure they always do. Just be prepared. 

Basically the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) which is the "law" for getting your visa approved states the officer must be convinced you  will not become a public charge. That's it. There's no specifics on income levels, how to prove it, household size, etc. It's really very subjective. London for the last 11 years I have followed closely has been very flexible on what convinces them you won't become a public charge.

This is not a new thing. If the immigrant has sizable savings, they can show that and be approved with no I-134 at all. If the American fiancé doesn't have enough income, London doesn't need an I-134 from the fiancé. They take one from another American willing to sponsor. They have accepted a fiancé with only 100% of the poverty level. They've approved scanned I-134s without wet signatures. They approve without a tax return. One employer letter and nothing else convinces them. They have accepted a combo of UK person continuing to get paid for phone apps after moving  and his US fiance's low level income job. At many interviews, the I-134 is never discussed. If it looks reasonable in the file, they don't talk about it at all. Yes any officer could ask for more info, but hundreds and hundreds of London K1 reviews shows for the last decade they are not looking for ways to fail you or wanting income proven five different ways. The K1 couple will have to meet the stricter and specified in law I-864 requirements for AOS. No flexibility there and it comes fairly quickly after the K1 visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Basically the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) which is the "law" for getting your visa approved states the officer must be convinced you  will not become a public charge. That's it. There's no specifics on income levels, how to prove it, household size, etc. It's really very subjective. London for the last 11 years I have followed closely has been very flexible on what convinces them you won't become a public charge.

This is not a new thing. If the immigrant has sizable savings, they can show that and be approved with no I-134 at all. If the American fiancé doesn't have enough income, London doesn't need an I-134 from the fiancé. They take one from another American willing to sponsor. They have accepted a fiancé with only 100% of the poverty level. They've approved scanned I-134s without wet signatures. They approve without a tax return. One employer letter and nothing else convinces them. They have accepted a combo of UK person continuing to get paid for phone apps after moving  and his US fiance's low level income job. At many interviews, the I-134 is never discussed. If it looks reasonable in the file, they don't talk about it at all. Yes any officer could ask for more info, but hundreds and hundreds of London K1 reviews shows for the last decade they are not looking for ways to fail you or wanting income proven five different ways. The K1 couple will have to meet the stricter and specified in law I-864 requirements for AOS. No flexibility there and it comes fairly quickly after the K1 visa. 

Thank you for clearing this all up :) I was concerned that other UK K1 visa applicants would read this thread and begin to get confused. It is so subjective - that is what many seem to forget. Each and every case is different.

My fiance has provided me with a letter from his employer's HR Manager stating how much he earns, start date of when he began his employment with that company and that he continues to be employed there. I believe this is ALL they will want and need to look at. However - i do have a copy of his W2s, Payslips and bank statement.

Edited by LucyDolly

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.