Tiny Cloud

RFE for evidences of residence and employment

36 posts in this topic

Hey guyes,

My USC fiance and I are a bit confused by the RFE we got, so post it below and hope to receive some advice. Any feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

FORM OMISSIONS AND CORRECTIONS

Omitted Items

Submit evidence of your (petitioner’s) residence for the past five years. Include address and the dates which you resided at each residence.

Submit evidence of your employment for the past five years. Include the name of your employer, employers address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment.

Submit evidence of the beneficiarys residence for the past five years. Include address and the dates which the beneficiary resided at each residence.

Our questions:

1.    What are the possible reasons USCIS asked for these? (Just think it might be easier to answer the questions right if we get to know their mind beforehand LOL)

2.    About the evidence of residence, can it be online purchase receipt/bill that has my or fiances name, address, and shipping date on it? Or only official documents such as bank statement or utility bills will do? If latter, then Ill have to get my part translated and certified OMG

3.    My fiancee moved many times for the past five years (8 address in total). For the sake of convenience and privacy, he used to have his mails/bills delivered to his mothers place, and just changed to his PO box a couple of months ago. Therefore, never/seldom a mail was sent to his residence, which means no mail or bill can verify his residence. Plus, some of his past residence just needed no contracts, so there is literally no paper proof of his residence.  My question is what we should do in this case? Will explaining this situation in cover letter do? 

4.     About the evidence of my fiances employment, will tax-related documents or employment letters from employers serve just fine? Any other way suggested/recommended?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tiny Cloud said:

Hey guyes,

My USC fiance and I are a bit confused by the RFE we got, so post it below and hope to receive some advice. Any feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Omitted Items

Submit evidence of your (petitioner’s) residence for the past five years. Include address and the dates which you resided at each residence.

Submit evidence of your employment for the past five years. Include the name of your employer, employers address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment.

Submit evidence of the beneficiarys residence for the past five years. Include address and the dates which the beneficiary resided at each residence.

Our questions:

1.    What are the possible reasons USCIS asked for these? (Just think it might be easier to answer the questions right if we get to know their mind beforehand LOL)

2.    About the evidence of residence, can it be online purchase receipt/bill that has my or fiances name, address, and shipping date on it? Or only official documents such as bank statement or utility bills will do? If latter, then Ill have to get my part translated and certified OMG

3.    My fiancee moved many times for the past five years (8 address in total). For the sake of convenience and privacy, he used to have his mails/bills delivered to his mothers place, and just changed to his PO box a couple of months ago. Therefore, never/seldom a mail was sent to his residence, which means no mail or bill can verify his residence. Plus, some of his past residence just needed no contracts, so there is literally no paper proof of his residence.  My question is what we should do in this case? Will explaining this situation in cover letter do? 

4.     About the evidence of my fiances employment, will tax-related documents or employment letters from employers serve just fine? Any other way suggested/recommended?

The first question is: Did you fill these when asked in the petition?

14 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yes, we did, so now we are a bit confused about what else they want. Maybe they are also confused by our situation of moving and changing jobs many time, therefore asking for solid proofs?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tiny Cloud said:

Yes, we did, so now we are a bit confused about what else they want. Maybe they are also confused by our situation of moving and changing jobs many time, therefore asking for solid proofs?

Most likely. I wrote it in july topic. Did you try searching for rfes like this in vj? 

Timeline
Just now, Tiny Cloud said:

Yes, i did search a bit before posting. Didn't see similar rfes so far but I'll keep looking. Thanks so much for your kind helps!

Yeah it sounds rare. I'm sure someone will chime in here. 

It really thought you didn't fill in or something because it said omission. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/29/2018 at 8:11 PM, Tiny Cloud said:

Hey guyes,

Omitted Items

Our questions:

On 1/29/2018 at 8:25 PM, Naes said:

I found out why they probably did this. Go back to your application form. Did you provide a mailing address? how about the physical address? I remember them stating to provide the physical address if it is different than the mailing address. I left the physical address part blank because my physical address is the same as my mailing address. Now they are wanting to know my physical address for the last 5 years, for both me and my fiance. Its not entirely your fault. The way they worded the application form made it seem like you can skip the physical address part if it is the same as the mailing. But i think they still want you to fill that part out. Thus the RFE  

On 2018/2/3 at 1:25 PM, Chinaboy812 said:

I found out why they probably did this. Go back to your application form. Did you provide a mailing address? how about the physical address? I remember them stating to provide the physical address if it is different than the mailing address. I left the physical address part blank because my physical address is the same as my mailing address. Now they are wanting to know my physical address for the last 5 years, for both me and my fiance. Its not entirely your fault. The way they worded the application form made it seem like you can skip the physical address part if it is the same as the mailing. But i think they still want you to fill that part out. Thus the RFE  

Did you guys move a lot too?

We happened to fill out the address history sorta like you did. My mailing address is the same as my current physical address. So for my physical address history, we started from providing my next physical address dated 2 years ago, which means skipping my current address makes it look like having a big gap in our info. And yes, the way they worded the instruction did confuse us but we just followed, then now getting an RFE....

But we are also wondering why USCIS can't just ask us to fill out the missing part again?? Providing the evidences for last 5 years is a lot to put together since we both really moved many times.

So what evidences will you send them? I used to stay in the USA for about 2.5 years for graduate school. The seemingly only official documents I got for this period is my bank statement having my physical address and transaction location on it (My residences in the USA just didn't require contracts or I just never see the contracts myself because my roommate was taking care of that.) As for my residence back home, I always live at my father's apartment. So I am thinking about asking him to write a proof of my residence. Will this suffice? Or should I also send a property document saying the apartment is owned by my father? OMG then this will need translation and to be certified....

BTW did USCIS also request your employment evidences?

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 1:25 PM, Chinaboy812 said:

Hi there!

I think you might be right. My fiance and I got the exact same REF yesterday, and we were so confused about what they want from us. After reading your post, I checked a copy of our I-129F form and found out that we did leave the "Physical Address 1" section blank, because we thought that was what we were supposed to do if the mailing address is the same as the current physical address...

Now, not only we need to fill in the address history for the past five years, but also we need to provide evidence!!! A task that requires so much time and efforts, and the visa process is delayed...

1 hour ago, AnnyCui said:

Hi there!

I think you might be right. My fiance and I got the exact same REF yesterday, and we were so confused about what they want from us. After reading your post, I checked a copy of our I-129F form and found out that we did leave the "Physical Address 1" section blank, because we thought that was what we were supposed to do if the mailing address is the same as the current physical address...

Now, not only we need to fill in the address history for the past five years, but also we need to provide evidence!!! A task that requires so much time and efforts, and the visa process is delayed...

Hi that's what we did but we put the dates in. Did you put the dates in? This is what the example in Visajorney. I would be disappointed if it's wrong.

Screenshot_20180410-180002.png

2 minutes ago, FernandLevi said:

Hi that's what we did but we put the dates in. Did you put the dates in? This is what the example in Visajorney. I would be disappointed if it's wrong.

Screenshot_20180410-180002.png

Actually, after I looked at the form some more, I realized that it is not a problem that you leave your first physical address (9.a. - 9.h.) blank. But you still need to fill in the date (10.a. - 10.b.). In the previous "Your Mailing Address" Section, it clearly says, if your answer to "Is your current mailing address is the same as your physical address" is "No", provide the address in number 9.a. - 9.h. By implication, is your answer is "yes", you can only leave the 9.a - 9.h. blank. Therefore, yes, I think you should be fine.

Another possible issue I think is that, we did not provide the full residential and employment history for the past five years. We did not read the instructions carefully enough to go as far back as five years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, FernandLevi said:

Ok O read the instructions more than likely you didn't fill out 10a. And 10.b

omg noooo, I didnt file that either :( im going to cry :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.