mselanondo

Unpaid traffic fines and pending biometric appointment

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hello good people, 

So I have biometric appointment coming up in a matter of days however I just found out (15 hours ago) that I have unpaid traffic fine from 11 years ago and there’s a bench warrant for my arrest. This discovery has me freaking out to high heavens.

I made what was supposed to be a quick, simple call to the county magistrate court to make sure everything was in good standing and to see if I could get more certified copies of court dispositions and or proof that I paid all my fines. Long story short we found out that I never paid my fine and therefore there’s a warrant for my arrest, I asked her if I could pay the fine over the phone she said no I have to send a money order with citation number on the money order and they will withdraw the warrant once the payment is received. Once she gave me the citation number I went to the court website and looked it up hoping to be able to pay it online, it gets tricky I found the case and it say it’s open and the fine is $200 however the clerk told me I owe $450 so called back the clerk and told her I don’t have $450 at the moment and it will be a week or two, I can only come up with $200 and some change and I was willing to pay it right now and finish the rest on the coming weeks she refused and told me to send in a full amount or go in person unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere near that county/state anymore.

Now I don’t know whether to reschedule the biometric appointment till I take care of this issue or print out the invoice from the court house and send the $200 money order and carry the copy with me to the biometric appointment. What really surprised me is that weeks after the missed due date I went to the same court to pay another traffic fine and nothing was mentioned or brought up and ever since I’ve been stopped twice by state patrol admittedly in a different state and though I was never cited they still ran my license and last trooper told me he wasn’t going to give me a ticket because my record was clean and he didn’t want to sully it.

Any suggestions, advice are welcome.

thank you all and good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, mselanondo said:

Hello good people, 

So I have biometric appointment coming up in a matter of days however I just found out (15 hours ago) that I have unpaid traffic fine from 11 years ago and there’s a bench warrant for my arrest. This discovery has me freaking out to high heavens.

I made what was supposed to be a quick, simple call to the county magistrate court to make sure everything was in good standing and to see if I could get more certified copies of court dispositions and or proof that I paid all my fines. Long story short we found out that I never paid my fine and therefore there’s a warrant for my arrest, I asked her if I could pay the fine over the phone she said no I have to send a money order with citation number on the money order and they will withdraw the warrant once the payment is received. Once she gave me the citation number I went to the court website and looked it up hoping to be able to pay it online, it gets tricky I found the case and it say it’s open and the fine is $200 however the clerk told me I owe $450 so called back the clerk and told her I don’t have $450 at the moment and it will be a week or two, I can only come up with $200 and some change and I was willing to pay it right now and finish the rest on the coming weeks she refused and told me to send in a full amount or go in person unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere near that county/state anymore.

Now I don’t know whether to reschedule the biometric appointment till I take care of this issue or print out the invoice from the court house and send the $200 money order and carry the copy with me to the biometric appointment. What really surprised me is that weeks after the missed due date I went to the same court to pay another traffic fine and nothing was mentioned or brought up and ever since I’ve been stopped twice by state patrol admittedly in a different state and though I was never cited they still ran my license and last trooper told me he wasn’t going to give me a ticket because my record was clean and he didn’t want to sully it.

Reschedule the biometric appointment (I am assuming this is for a Citizenship application?). USCIS will access all your criminal records and this will definitely com up.

..oh and try to follow the law if you can when driving

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, mselanondo said:

Hello good people, 

Call a traffic law attorney. You will most likely need to motion to vacate. 

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.