Smooch-Esther

Does anybody here applied their EAD along with the SSN?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello VJ's,

Happy New Year to all..

I just forwarded my AOS along with EAD+SSN (new updated form) and AP last November. I did my biometrics first week of December already.

I'm just wondering about my SSN. Coz if I get it myself, it would be faster right? but since I included it with my EAD, I still don't have one for 2 months now.

Does anybody applied the same as me? 

Are they gonna send it together with EAD?

Thanks

You apply to the Social Security Administration for a SSN. This will not be given until you can show proof lawful presence and are legally permitted to work; essentially you need to have your EAD Card in hand when you visit your local SSA office. You will also need to take your birth certificate, unexpired passport and proof of a physical mailing address. Check the SSA website for details.

BTW do not make the mistake I did and go visit SSA the day after your EAD arrives. You need to leave it at least 10 days as it takes time for the computer system to update with your approval details - otherwise the SSA make a written enquiry and that can take weeks (11 so far in my case!) to come through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

You must call or visit SSA office if you didn't receive within 7 business days after your EAD card. Check this website below:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, OldBritAbroad said:

You apply to the Social Security Administration for a SSN. This will not be given until you can show proof lawful presence and are legally permitted to work; essentially you need to have your EAD Card in hand when you visit your local SSA office. You will also need to take your birth certificate, unexpired passport and proof of a physical mailing address. Check the SSA website for details.

BTW do not make the mistake I did and go visit SSA the day after your EAD arrives. You need to leave it at least 10 days as it takes time for the computer system to update with your approval details - otherwise the SSA make a written enquiry and that can take weeks (11 so far in my case!) to come through.

Thanks for your help. :) hopefully, i'll get get mine soon. Can't wait to work anymore. Boredom strikes already. 

14 hours ago, Gravlax said:

You must call or visit SSA office if you didn't receive within 7 business days after your EAD card. Check this website below:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

Thanks. Very helpful. God bless

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:50 AM, You&me15 said:

I did

its quick got my ead card friday then tuesday ssn arrived

I hope mine will be the same too coz I don't want to go to SSA anymore that's why I applied it along with the EAD. How long did you wait for it to arrive? Was it within 90 days?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Smooch-Esther said:

I hope mine will be the same too coz I don't want to go to SSA anymore that's why I applied it along with the EAD. How long did you wait for it to arrive? Was it within 90 days?

My ead card arrived on 59th day from receiving date and my sscard on day 63 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I got my SSN the first week I arrived, it had conditions on it saying I cannot work which means I have to go back into the office once my EAD arrives to get those conditions removed.

You don't have to do it that way but I just wanted to get it so I could open a bank account.

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Isabella_NZ said:

I got my SSN the first week I arrived, it had conditions on it saying I cannot work which means I have to go back into the office once my EAD arrives to get those conditions removed.

You don't have to do it that way but I just wanted to get it so I could open a bank account.

I applied mine along with the EAD already but I thought it will arrive sooner than the EAD.

Thanks you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.